Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

Everton's preparations for the new season have been dealt a blow with the news that Seamus Coleman has suffered a torn ligament in his right ankle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Everton's preparations for the new season have been dealt a blow with the news that Seamus Coleman has suffered a torn ligament in his right ankle.

That's bad news indeed! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

thanks to spanish cnuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Cannot see the game going ahead this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Confirmation that the Tottenham v Everton game is off. They won't hand back Tottenham high-road until Friday evening and that's not enough time to get a safety certificate.

All 9 other Premier League games look like going ahead at this stage.

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Confirmation that the Tottenham v Everton game is off. They won't hand back Tottenham high-road until Friday evening and that's not enough time to get a safety certificate.

All 9 other Premier League games look like going ahead at this stage.

:(

means our typical bad start will be postponed :)

Kinda set my mind on this game getting postponed after hearing about the England game.

Anyway does anyone need an new phone or new runners while I am over there ?;):p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Sheff Utd. at home in the Carling Cup. Could be our year :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Everton look set to play Bohs in a friendly next Tuesday evening in Dalymount. Sending over a strong squad

• Advertisement

AGC wrote: »
    Everton look set to play Bohs in a friendly next Tuesday evening in Dalymount. Sending over a strong squad
    Where did you hear this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭- bo -

I heard it a short while ago from someone within the club - it's actually Monday night I'm told, with a 7.45 kick-off. Full Everton squad.

Jodi Stand (main stand) - Adult €15, Student €7, u-12 €7
    Des Kelly Stand (shed end, behind the goal) - Adult €10, u-12 €5

Yeah Monday 7.45 and an Everton 1st team, not like the kids they sent over before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

AGC wrote: »

Where did you hear that??

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Where did you hear that??

Straight from the horses mouth at Bohs.

Due to play Shels in LSC on Tuesday which may be moved. FAI may need to approve it

• Advertisement

Great stuff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Yeah just to reiterate. Everton will be sending a strong team over to Dalymount this monday. I will have more info if there is any but I reckon the ticket prices will be the aformentioned ones.
    Welcome to the home of Irish football!

Edit: yes as BO said they are the ticket prices.
    Jodi Stand (main stand) - Adult €15, Student €7, u-12 €7
    Des Kelly Stand (shed end, behind the goal) - Adult €10, u-12 €5

I'm a Rovers fan too so it should be extra sweet :)

hmmm

is this the first Everton senior team to play a friendly since 1990...?

I watched pat nevin, graeme sharp, southall, cottee and sheedy et al back then when they beat cork 4:0 in musgrave park.

we also beat athlone town 6 nil or something i think then lol

jee, im way too old....!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

is this the first Everton senior team to play a friendly since 1990...?
    Far from it, ah ****e as it looks, that was our first team.

2004 v Bray

Everton (4-4-2)
    Blue shirts, white shorts, blue socks
    Wright
    Hibbert
    Weir
    Unsworth (46' Watson)
    Naysmith
    Carsley
    Gemmill
    Nyarko
    McFadden
    Jeffers (73' Chadwick)
    Campbell (46' Radzinski)

• Advertisement

ahh the class of 1990 would trounce all over that lot...:p

Bluetonic wrote: »
    Far from it, ah ****e as it looks, that was our first team.

2004 v Bray

Everton (4-4-2)
    Blue shirts, white shorts, blue socks
    Wright
    Hibbert
    Weir
    Unsworth (46' Watson)
    Naysmith
    Carsley
    Gemmill
    Nyarko
    McFadden
    Jeffers (73' Chadwick)
    Campbell (46' Radzinski)

Nyarko....:eek: lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

Woohoo :D

Dalymount is where I first watched Everton back in '96, so to see them there again is great.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=233661263337986

Do us a favour and click 'attend' please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Everton were talking to Newcastle about Joey Barton again today. I posted months ago in the 2010/2011 thread that you were interested, and a few weeks ago that he had met Moyes. Everton are very interested, but his wages are the problem. I still think something could happen soon!

I'd be happy if we got Barton.

He's coming here for free, if it really doesn't work out then we can sell him for a couple of million next summer, and recoup any wages paid. Pretty similar to the Lucas Neill deal in some regards.

Any chance that our marketing idiots bring a shed load of merchandise with them because i wanna buy the home kit?

A few things happened this weekend. We lost one of our scouts to Chelsea, the guy who found Coleman for us. I suppose it's nonsense paying for scouts when we can't afford anyone anyway!

Also, Vicente has been linked strongly. Watch this space I suppose :pac:

I'm excited about the game in Dalyer tomorrow :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Any chance that our marketing idiots bring a shed load of merchandise with them because i wanna buy the home kit?

a few bits and bobs outside is the most id say wouldnt mind doing the same myself

evertons fans will be in the uncovered area id say so come prepared

• Advertisement

I got 2 tickets for the Jodi stand which is covered and im right on the halfway line. Cant wait. Hoping for a decent game

Nowso wrote: »
    evertons fans will be in the uncovered area id say so come prepared

The Shed does have a roof over half the stand. The Jodi is where you want to be. Sit down the back and close to the halfway line.
    AFAIK, fans can buy tickets for anywhere in the ground.

A few prices you may need to know:
    Curry chips, battered sausage + drink = €8 in the Leo Burdocks in the stadium.
    Programmes usually cost €4 but when we played Liverpool ( or scum to you) we sold the programme rights and it was published by an independant publisher so they could get the benifet of economies of scale.

There's also a cheap Bar in the Jodi stand (three to be precise) arrive early and get a few pre-match scoops into you!
    Enjoy the game.

BOHtox wrote: »
    The Shed does have a roof over half the stand. The Jodi is where you want to be. Sit down the back and close to the halfway line.
    AFAIK, fans can buy tickets for anywhere in the ground.

A few prices you may need to know:
    Curry chips, battered sausage + drink = €8 in the Leo Burdocks in the stadium.
    Programmes usually cost €4 but when we played Liverpool ( or scum to you) we sold the programme rights and it was published by an independant publisher so they could get the benifet of economies of scale.

There's also a cheap Bar in the Jodi stand (three to be precise) arrive early and get a few pre-match scoops into you!
    Enjoy the game.

Love it :D
    Any idea what sort of crowd is expected?

Love it :D
    Any idea what sort of crowd is expected?

Knew you'd like it. I think Bohs expect it to nearly full out. Capacity is reduced to 4,200. So I expect at least 3,500. But depending on the weather on the day, it could sell out.

I think seat nos dont really work at Dalymount. Not from my experience anyway.

14th with a game in hand lads...best start in years :pac:
    Is Moyes gonna give us the silent treatment all season??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 482 ✭✭Mont

Havnt got tickets yet but thinking of goin to the game tomorrow night can you just turn up on the night?

Mont wrote: »
    Havnt got tickets yet but thinking of goin to the game tomorrow night can you just turn up on the night?
    Yes, any unsold tickets will be sold on the night.

the last time they played everton fans were mainly in the uncovered area,

the chipper on that side didnt do chips or there were no programmes so had to persuade the guy on the gate to let us in to the jodi area to get a bag of chips and a programme

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

the chipper on that side didnt do chips or there were no programmes so had to persuade the guy on the gate to let us in to the jodi area to get a bag of chips and a programme

I was at that game, in that stand and got a programme. Can't remember how I managed that.

Looking forward to tonight. Haven't seen the Blues playing in a few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,755 ✭✭✭smokingman

Any idea when the teamsheet for tonight is announced?
    Curious to see if there are any changes to formation since the end of last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

The uncovered stand has since been closed down. I suggest you get tickets for the Jodi stand if possible but you will definitely have cover.

Went and got tickets yesterday. They have seat numbers printed on them, but also say "unreserved seating" at the bottom. So sit anywhere or not? :eek:

Columbia wrote: »
    Went and got tickets yesterday. They have seat numbers printed on them, but also say "unreserved seating" at the bottom. So sit anywhere or not? :eek:

Sit anywhere.

1,500( slightly over 100 gaurenteed covered seating) tickets left. Get there tonight and you'll be able to get a ticket.

• Advertisement

Anyone go to the match tonight? Could be a long season :mad:

Yeah was there myself.

Positives:

- Barkley looked bright, always wanting the ball
    - Beckford, Osman and Arteta looked sharp

Negatives:

- Fellaini was all over the shop. He couldn't pass wind tonight
    - Garbutt was solid in the first half but on three or four occasions this evening he was caught way out of position for diagonal long balls. One led to a goal, another should have.
    - We're very stuck up front unless Beckford has a flyer. Velios missed a hattrick of sitters in the second half and Anichebe still isn't up to much.
    - Rodwell did nothing of note in a game he should have bossed.
    - No Jagielka at all. Is this a sign?

Voltwad wrote: »
    Yeah was there myself.

Positives:

- Barkley looked bright, always wanting the ball...Looked good but wasnt involved enough.
    - Beckford, Osman and Arteta looked sharp. Beckford was quiet except for his goal. Osman injected some energy into the game and Arteta showed some nice touches

Negatives:

- Fellaini was all over the shop. He couldn't pass wind tonight. I would sell for 20m if we could get it
    - Garbutt was solid in the first half but on three or four occasions this evening he was caught way out of position for diagonal long balls. One led to a goal, another should have. Didnt too bad but just hope Baines stays fit
    - We're very stuck up front unless Beckford has a flyer. Velios missed a hattrick of sitters in the second half and Anichebe still isn't up to much. Wrap Saha in cotton wool cus Becks needs alot of chances and Victor aint good enough.
    - Rodwell did nothing of note in a game he should have bossed. Have to agree with you there. Very poor. No wonder noone bid for him
    - No Jagielka at all. Is this a sign? No Baines/Cahill or Saha either. Maybe just rested

Roll on QPR and hopefully an improvement

Voltwad wrote: »
    - We're very stuck up front unless Beckford has a flyer. Velios missed a hattrick of sitters in the second half and Anichebe still isn't up to much.

Vellios did okay for me. Yes, he should have scored a couple, but he gave us a lot more shape going forward than Beckford did. We started to look dangerous the moment he came on, whereas Beckford scored a goal and promptly disappeared from the game.

Fellaini was horrible tonight. Judging by his tan and ginger-ed hair he's been somewhere nice and warm all summer, so the Irish weather tonight wouldn't have made him happy :p

Barkley was great, even Arteta was deferring to him. He should play against QPR, there is no doubt about it.

Mustafi looked solid too. Garbutt ragged. Hibbert stopped everything coming down their left, and got himself forward on occasion.

I think they were mostly concerned about getting injuries, there was a whole heap of pulling out of tackles.

What about Anichebe's shot in the 1st half !!!!! Can only remember the ball going over the shed end about once before in my years going there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement