Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

ciaran76 wrote: »
    What about Anichebe's shot in the 1st half !!!!! Can only remember the ball going over the shed end about once before in my years going there.

A mate of mine from Waterford just found the ball in his back garden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Speculation: Sky Sports sources understand Leicester City have made a formal bid for Everton striker Jermaine Beckford !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

i need a bit of advice from the everton community here. i m heading over to goodison with a few mates for the game v united in october. one of the lads booked the trip through celtic horizons and got the tickets from them. as the only united fan in the group i d prefer not to be in with everton fans (though i m sure youre all very nice upstanding people!:D) does anyone know if it would be possible on match day to swap over to the away section by asking stewards or contacting the ticket office in advance? cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

n32 wrote: »
    i need a bit of advice from the everton community here. i m heading over to goodison with a few mates for the game v united in october. one of the lads booked the trip through celtic horizons and got the tickets from them. as the only united fan in the group i d prefer not to be in with everton fans (though i m sure youre all very nice upstanding people!:D) does anyone know if it would be possible on match day to swap over to the away section by asking stewards or contacting the ticket office in advance? cheers

I would doubt it. Away tickets are usually only sold via the away club, so you'd have to go via Man Utd to get those tickets and they generally only go to season ticket holders or if you have a number of home game stubs (most clubs work this way). They won't let you into the away section. You could just be anyone wanting to start trouble for example....

Sit with your mates in the Everton section, don't wear colours and keep your celebrations discreet ;) and have fun!

I would doubt it. Away tickets are usually only sold via the away club, so you'd have to go via Man Utd to get those tickets and they generally only go to season ticket holders or if you have a number of home game stubs (most clubs work this way). They won't let you into the away section. You could just be anyone wanting to start trouble for example....

Sit with your mates in the Everton section, don't wear colours and keep your celebrations discreet ;) and have fun!
    i ll keep the head down alright. a mutual hatred of all things lfc should keep me safe with the blues!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

i ll keep the head down alright. a mutual hatred of all things lfc should keep me safe with the blues!

You'll be fine I'd say. Our captain on the day (Phil) will be a lifelong United fan, so logically people shouldn't be too troubled by one in the stands :p

Columbia wrote: »
    You'll be fine I'd say. Our captain on the day (Phil) will be a lifelong United fan, so logically people shouldn't be too troubled by one in the stands :p
    did you see him on sky last sunday with his son and oul fella in the away end at the hawthorns? phil is our man on the inside, remember his o.g. in 2007 that turned the league for united? my everton mates were convinced that it was a conspiracy!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

http://peoplesgroup.wordpress.com/2011/08/17/the-blue-unions-meeting-with-bill-kenwright/

A must read for all Everton fans. Shocking that we have such a clown in charge of our club :mad:

From experience I very much doubt you will be able to swap it over.
    By the way if the stewards find out you support Utd and are sitting in the Everton end they may also eject you.

Seen it happen a good few times there where someone couldnt control themselves when the oppostion scored and the stewards would be over asking the person to go quietly and then a rain of abuse from the home fans.:pac:

• Advertisement

eh i dunno wrote: »
    http://peoplesgroup.wordpress.com/2011/08/17/the-blue-unions-meeting-with-bill-kenwright/

A must read for all Everton fans. Shocking that we have such a clown in charge of our club :mad:

I have been saying this for years and hopefully its time the rest of the fans to start seeing the facts for what it is.

did you see him on sky last sunday with his son and oul fella in the away end at the hawthorns? phil is our man on the inside, remember his o.g. in 2007 that turned the league for united? my everton mates were convinced that it was a conspiracy!!

That was all forgotten with THAT tackle on Ronaldo. Changed our season as well. Don't think Phil is that great a footballer but he makes a big difference on the pitch for us with his leadership. He's a top professional.

Lumbo wrote: »
    That was all forgotten with THAT tackle on Ronaldo. Changed our season as well. Don't think Phil is that great a footballer but he makes a big difference on the pitch for us with his leadership. He's a top professional.
    In fairness to Neville his career has taken off since he went to Everton. Moyes must take a lot of credit for the way he made him captain nearly straight away. Do you reckon Moyes is grooming him for a coaching/management role eventually?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

ciaran76 wrote: »
    I have been saying this for years and hopefully its time the rest of the fans to start seeing the facts for what it is.
    Exactly Ciaran.

We have a lot of deluded fans with their heads in the clouds. It's very hard to be interested in the football played at the club the last number of years with the club in such a critical situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Who will be starting up front tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭brian_rbk

Saha I would imagine ... btw it's live on Setanta Ireland.

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Who will be starting up front tomorrow?

The optimist in me says Saha and Beckford, the realist reckons Saha on his own.

While I'm imagining line-ups...

Here's what I hope for;

Howard

Hibbert - Distin - Heitinga - Baines

Coleman - Fellaini - Osman - Arteta

Saha - Beckford

With Cahill and Barkley coming on if we need a game changer.

And Anichebe sat on a plane somewhere.

Here's what I expect;

Howard

Neville - Distin - Jagielka - Baines

Rodwell
    Coleman - Fellaini - Arteta - Anichebe

Saha

With Bily and Beckford coming on after 70 minutes to try and rescue a point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭brian_rbk

Coleman won't be there anyway - still injured isn't he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

The optimist in me says Saha and Beckford, the realist reckons Saha on his own.

While I'm imagining line-ups...

Here's what I hope for;

Howard

Hibbert - Distin - Heitinga - Baines

Coleman - Fellaini - Osman - Arteta

Saha - Beckford

With Cahill and Barkley coming on if we need a game changer.

And Anichebe sat on a plane somewhere.

Here's what I expect;

Howard

Neville - Distin - Jagielka - Baines

Rodwell
    Coleman - Fellaini - Arteta - Anichebe

Saha

With Bily and Beckford coming on after 70 minutes to try and rescue a point.

FYP!

with anichebe, BILLY, and yakubu brought on with 10 mins to go to try get all 3 points.

• Advertisement

brian_rbk wrote: »
    Coleman won't be there anyway - still injured isn't he?

You're quite right. In my infinite wisdom I had forgotten to take injuries into account :D

In that case I can see Osman on the right and Bily or Anichebe on the left, with Arteta in the middle.

You know, if we could combine Bily and Anichebe into one player, we'd be on to something.

Barkley starting it seems !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Jesus wept. I have no other words

welcome to the world of Everton FC...

Is the season over yet?

Starts January 2012.

• Advertisement

Jaysus just watched the highlights after been away all weekend. Looked shocking and can anyone see it improving? Debating throwing money on us at 16/1 to go down as i think this is gonna be one long season. Depressed after one game :mad:

meh

fellaini, arteta, and cahill not at the races

give em a few more games... erm like january.

friggin hell, Everton should have prozac as sponsors.

Jags out and Ridgewell in :mad:
    http://news.ladbrokes.com/en-gb/football/premier-league/everton-finally-eyeing-first-new-signing-of-the-summer_073628.html

Can see a lot of us battling alcoholism and depression this season lads

: Mucha, Hibbert, Baines, Heitinga, Jagielka (c), Arteta, Barkley, Osman, Fellaini, Rodwell, Anichebe.

Tonights team :( Not confident and if we lose Bill is in for even more abuse :D

3-1 win....hopefully we can kick on from here. Would still sell Jags if Wenger offers over 15m

• Advertisement

eh i dunno wrote: »
    3-1 win....hopefully we can kick on from here. Would still sell Jags if Wenger offers over 15m

The money will just go to the banks :mad:

Good to see Victor scoring tonight. He's a sack of ****e but a goal might help his confidence.

Everton team to face Blackburn: Howard, Neville, Distin, Jagielka, Baines, Heitinga, Arteta, Fellaini, Osman, Barkley, Anichebe.

Need a win big time today

Everton to win, Blackburn are crap and will prob get relegated.

Better players, only question if we can bury the chances we create.

a wins a win.

crap team blackburn, the sooner they go down the better.

impossible to play against.

hope that will give some confidence to the lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

a wins a win.

crap team blackburn, the sooner they go down the better.

impossible to play against.

hope that will give some confidence to the lads.

Can't see anyone but Howard getting confidence from that. The defense was shaky all match but done enough under large spells of pressure. Everton got very little up front with Samba and Givet coping easily for the most part.

Both Blackburns penalties were soft, but there was contact on both occassions even though Formica was looking for them.

Evertons was never a penalty, very harsh to award that, but Arteta put it away and that is all that matters really.

A win is a win as you say, as a Blackburn fan I would have taken 3 points and played like Everton, even though Blackburn were much the better team.

its hard to play any meaningful game with the defensive negative type of football blackburn play.

a draw would have been fine and the loss is harsh for blackburn but dont like their style.

half of our team are still all at sea, once they realise the season has begun a few weeks now we might actually get better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

its hard to play any meaningful game with the defensive negative type of football blackburn play.

a draw would have been fine and the loss is harsh for blackburn but dont like their style.

half of our team are still all at sea, once they realise the season has begun a few weeks now we might actually get better.

There was very little negative football on display from Blackburn today, I don't know how you took that from that game, other than being blindfolded with a pre-determined (as of your previous post before the game) view on Blackburn that has stuck since the days of Allardyce.

Everton will be hoping for the close of the transfer window and will be hoping that nobody leaves before then, as it is clear there is no money to spend, and might not be even if money does come in.

They can ill afford to lose Jagielka, much the same with Blackburn and Samba due to the lack of depth and experience of what will remain. Both clubs are threadbare at the moment and will have to rely on a mixture of youth and experience at various stages this season. How this fares for both we will have to wait and see.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

central midfield was terrible even billy was an improvement.

only for neville distan and howard it would have been way worse

half of our players are asleep

arteta, cahill, fellaini, jags... to name a few are not even playing a fraction of what they can do.

we are slow starters, playing $hit and winning at ewood park is not a bad thing tho.

maybe i was harsh on blackburn, i thought they gave away many frees.

if we get good results at home there is hope yet...

Nowso wrote: »
    central midfield was terrible even billy was an improvement.

only for neville distan and howard it would have been way worse

yea, neville seems the only one putting in a good shift, distin also.

• Advertisement

Only got to see the highlights last night. We really don't look like we've chnaged from the start of last season. The win might give us a bit of confidence and it was good that we got a bit of luck on our side for a change. Hopefully we get results against Wigan and Villa cause we're going to struggle for the next 5 games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Ye have signed Denis Stracqualuisi.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denis_Stracqualursi

35 games, 40 goals in the past season! He knows where the net is anyway...

1332: BBC Radio Leicester confirm that Leicester City have had a bid "in excess of £4m" for Everton striker Jermaine Beckford accepted. The player is yet to agree personal terms

From BBC http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/9575900.stm

1332: BBC Radio Leicester confirm that Leicester City have had a bid "in excess of £4m" for Everton striker Jermaine Beckford accepted. The player is yet to agree personal terms

From BBC http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/9575900.stm

Not sure how I feel about this, but I guess it means Yakubu is staying put.

Or else we're planning on going the whole season with Saha and no cover (Anichebe doesn't count).

Not sure how I feel about this, but I guess it means Yakubu is staying put.

Or else we're planning on going the whole season with Saha and no cover (Anichebe doesn't count).

Strange move.... Tim Cahill to be deployed as a striker again?

Strange move.... Tim Cahill to be deployed as a striker again?

Who knows. I'd like to think that Moyes wouldn't let Beckford go for £4m without having a replacement in mind, considering we have other players who would go for more money, and for whom there are alternatives in the squad.

Maybe this Argentinian on loan is it. His Youtube video isn't as good as Bily's... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Yak on his way to Blackburn apparently.

I've heard 2 out 2 in today so fingers crossed we aren't pinning our hopes on an unknown Argie :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Strange signing is Stracqualursi. He looks great in Argentina because no one knows how to deal with him, there aren't exactly many strikers like him over there and he just bosses defences. He's fantastic headerer of the ball though which is very useful in the PL, buy can't imagine he'll have it all his own way. How much is he costing ye?

Advertisement