Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Online Pass.

Options
  • 18-06-2011 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭

I've had FIFA 11 since the day it came out and I've been able to play it online across multiple (10+) accounts on my PS3 without a problem.

However, I changed my network settings to put my PS3 in a DMZ earlier, and now FIFA is asking me to purchase an Online Pass to play FIFA 11 online [on an account that hasn't been online before].

I've tried to enter the code on the back of the manual, but it says it has already been used.

Does anyone have a spare code, or any advice, because I'm not paying for an Online Pass when I should be able to play online for free?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Happened to me a few times I usually just turn it off and it should work .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

Happened to me a few times I usually just turn it off and it should work .

Tried it a few times and it didn't work. :(

Any ideas anyone? My free pass is up now and I can't play online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

When you say an account that hasn't been online, do you mean a PSN account or is it an account (or profile) on your PS3?

If it's still the same PSN account you should be able to re-download the online pass. You can find it on your purchase history on your account information.

Crackle wrote: »
    When you say an account that hasn't been online, do you mean a PSN account or is it an account (or profile) on your PS3?

If it's still the same PSN account you should be able to re-download the online pass. You can find it on your purchase history on your account information.

I got onto EA and that's what they told me to do. Except I don't have the account that I downloaded it on as I was not able to reset my password after the PSN was hacked.

I mean a new PSN account on a new profile. It should work because I've done it plenty of times before and it has worked fine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

Hmm, strange one. Only other thing I can think of, and not not sure if it's tied to it or not, but is the new PSN account active on your system? (Under Account Information>System Activation)

Like I said, I'm not sure if it would have anything to do with it but it's worth checking anyway.

Tried it there, no change.

I waited for an hour until someone more qualified in the customer service could talk to me. I was 21st in the queue and when it was finally my turn "There is no EA representative available at the this time."

Aaaarrrgh! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Equium

Happens to me on an almost weekly basis. Most of the time I just cancel out of the online section and then return immediately. Sometimes choosing the free one week trial option solves the problem.

I need to re-download the online pass; however, I do not have access to the account on which the pass was originally downloaded so I have to buy another pass.

:(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

My guess is because you lost the "master" account on your PS3, you also lost access to the online pass.
    Unless Sony can help you retrieve your master account, only guessing, but you may need to buy a new online pass.

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »
    My guess is because you lost the "master" account on your PS3, you also lost access to the online pass.
    Unless Sony can help you retrieve your master account, only guessing, but you may need to buy a new online pass.

That's it all right. I'll just have to buy a new online pass.

It's only €8 though I think, so that's grand.

Advertisement