Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need to make an extra door/opening for my rats cage, help!

• 18-06-2011 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Ok so basically my rat cage's doors are just TOO SMALL. It's a lovely cage but the doors are really getting on my nerves, as a result I spend so long cleaning the cage. I was thinking, is it possible to get a large entrance made? Who would I be able to go to get this done? It's seems pretty do-able but finding the person who would be able to do it effectively and cheaply is the problem.Any ideas?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 VanStar

This is the cage I have. I want an large opening at the bottom right corner. http://www.thepet-shoponline.co.uk/ekmps/shops/thepetshop/images/fop-buddy-deluxe-rat-cage-4118-p.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

I don't really get it :confused: Surely the cage part just lifts off the plastic part, Pick up plastic part and tip into bin, rinse with warm water, and your done, 5 minute job!

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

I let them shuffle around on the couch while i take the cage apart and empty it out and rinse it off.:) i'd go nuts trying to do it any other way..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Zoundz

I guess you mean it's a pain to clean the shelves because of the small doors? I had this cage a few years ago and found the same thing. You can add new doors, quite easily with that cage actually. You can ask on some online rat forums if anyone's got any spare large doors (usually someone might have some lying around). Then you cut the right size hole in the wire on the cage, and the doors generally attach pretty easily! :)

xx

Advertisement