Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inchicore Tech Course

• 18-06-2011 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey folks,

thinking of doing the HND in Technical Theatre course in Inchicore but have heard fairly mixed reviews on it. Any experiences?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 NorCal

Hey!!

Went to Inchicore way back before the course was a HND and just a Sound & Lighting course. I must say I LOVED it ..we used to have a right laugh and spent a lot of time down in the pub at the bottom of the hill drinking and eating ham & cheese toasted sandwiches inbetween classes.

Not sure how the course is run now but the different years used to put on performances along with the other acting, costume & make up courses. Actually just looked and the site and the course looks way different to when I did it. There were fantastic teachers when we were there ...a lighting guy called Conlith and a guy who's pic is on the site (leaning over the mixing desk with a girl) JJ, am sure he was one of the sound guys from the Abbey. I loved the fact that this was a practical course as opposed to all theory and also learned loads.

Not sure how great it is for getting you out there into the world of work though as I never pursued it when I finished. I did a few jobs for people who I was on the course with and although I had great fun while I was there, I decided that it wasn't for me. The girl on the site, Sarah, who is given as a 'Graduate Profile' was in the year below me so its not very recent ... maybe 8/9years old, I'd hope they've had a few more success stories in that time!!

Whether that was any help at all I have no idea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kenjaminrar

im in the acting course which runs alongside the techie course. (but i am interested in all parts of theatre). what sort of stuff are you interested in most?

Advertisement