Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

utv to vodafone

• 18-06-2011 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭

Hi

my parents have been with utv for phone and internet for three years or so. At time it was good value now has got cheaper. And faster.

Thing is I want to switch them to Vodafone. Do I have cancel it or do Vodafone do all that. Don't want them getting two bills. I have heard utv will charge a dis connection fee surely this can't be legal after three years freedom of. Movement etc

cheers for your help in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

UTV will need a month's notice to cancel their broadband.

Don't think there's anything illegal about their cessation charge, since it'd have been in the T&C's when the contract was agreed.

That said, I don't know of any other ISP who charge this fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

byte wrote: »
    UTV will need a month's notice to cancel their broadband.

Don't think there's anything illegal about their cessation charge, since it'd have been in the T&C's when the contract was agreed.

That said, I don't know of any other ISP who charge this fee.

Why do they make it so hard. So does that mean I have give utv a months notice and then order Vodafone.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

UTV's "ransom" charge is very silly as it leaves a very sour taste with customers
    who might one day need to consider them again or recommend them to a friend seeking advice on an isp.

There was a very similar post here recently on leaving UTV. Might be some useful information there if you look back a bit.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Why do they make it so hard. So does that mean I have give utv a months notice and then order Vodafone.

First an foremost give UTV 30 days notice. After about 10 days put through the order for VF. Hopefully you won't have too much overlap. Yes you will have to pay the disconnect fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

cheers :) never encountered this before and i have had broadband a long long time. i've switched from bt to eircom to upc hassle free...

utv were good but apparently just stop caring... the prices and service they offer is exactly as it was 3 years ago...

• Advertisement
Advertisement