Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tutankhamun relic C+C

• 19-06-2011 2:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭

Heya, was just skipping through some old pics I took (PC is out of use atm so can't access my DSLR files) and found this I took at the exhibition in the RDS. I just wondered what the trained photographers' eyes would make of it, so constructive criticism is welcomed =) Not run through PS obviously as never cleared the date off the pic, so excuse me for that faux pas, but any input at all is welcomed.
    IMG_0105Medium.jpg
    PS anyone who went to it will know how much of a nightmare it was to get any decent shots between the crowds, obnoxious lighting and the glass cases directly reflecting all glare from the poorly placed light sources
    vbulletinIMG_0105Medium.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

While it was difficult to take due to situation, this is really a record shot of an object that has been set up by others. The presentation and lighting have all been done for you and you have recorded their efforts, the artistry of the original item is also down to someone else. You have done well to avoid reflections from the glass case and to keep the camera relatively steady for the exposure without flash, though it is still a bit soft. You have still done well to get this result in a demanding situation.

Advertisement