Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

injuries

• 19-06-2011 2:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭

Just wondering seeing as one of my friends hurt his arm today...I understand you get a scribe if you've broken your arm or something like that, but how do they deal with subjects like art, construction or DCG where illustrations and drawings have to be done?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

They would put a note in with your paper that the candidate had an injury which affected their drawing ability, or possibly give extra time, if the injury would cause the candidate to do things more slowly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

So if they were completely unable they'd receive a certain percentage of the marks available? Sorry for the questions. Its just something that's been puzzling me all night!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Bbbbolger wrote: »
    So if they were completely unable they'd receive a certain percentage of the marks available? Sorry for the questions. Its just something that's been puzzling me all night!

No, if they don't attempt questions they won't get anything.
    It happens a number of candidates every year. People with very poor sight have issues with maps, etc.. They may be allowed a wider margin of error than standard candidates.

Advertisement