Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Our Little Friend, the ROLLEYES OF SCORN

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

I think it was Overheal who, back in 2008, valiantly led and fought on behalf of all the Rolleyes Refugees and had them reinstated in Boards some months later. Gotta love the little feckers, definitely my favourite (and I'm not putting a Rolleyes after this in case people think I'm being sarcastic, I do actually love 'em) :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Miss Fluff wrote: »
    I think it was Overheal who, back in 2008, valiantly led and fought on behalf of all the Rolleyes Refugees and had them reinstated in Boards some months later. Gotta love the little feckers, definitely my favourite (and I'm not putting a Rolleyes after this in case people think I'm being sarcastic, I do actually love 'em) :)
    No - actually, I won him back in a raffle and that's legally binding..

He stays. :)

:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Nothing wrong with it in principle, just when it's misused or worse still, used in lieu of actually taking the time to express your point.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,183 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

stovelid wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with it in principle, just when it's misused or worse still, used in lieu of actually taking the time to express your point.
    people will still do that without smileys though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,496 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Why are there two sticking out tongue smilies? And how is pacman different from grin? A typo just produced the interesting word 'snidies', there's a thought for rolleyes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

looksee wrote: »
    And how is pacman different from grin?
    I think pacman has a more tongue-in-cheek, cheeky, or flippant quality to him, whereas the smily has a more cheesy, corny tone - the kind you might get in a sickly text message from a particularly naive montessori teacher, or your twelve year old sister

/cynical

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

There used to be a poster in Motors who would use 3 or 4 rolly eyes in every single post. I havent seen any of his posts in ages thank god. Any of the regular Motors posters will know who I am on about..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Can we have this one vtec.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Onkle wrote: »
    Can we have this one vtec.gif

The TDI crowd would be jealous of that..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I think we should have a thread like the Pedant's Log in Spell Czechs where we can point out all the posts that use rolleyes incorrectly.

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

El Weirdo wrote: »
    I think we should have a thread like the Pedant's Log in Spell Czechs...
    "Pedants' Log", actually.

(Sorry, couldn't resist...!)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

oscarBravo wrote: »
    "Pedants' Log", actually.

(Sorry, couldn't resist...!)
    Touché. Although, I will argue that it was a typo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Blobby George

Quazzie wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Tallon wrote: »

We need to go deeper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

We need to go deeper.

Awwww.

funny-cat-sleeping-inception.jpg

Advertisement