Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a Taxi Driver

• 19-06-2011 9:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Yesterday at about 8 pm I got a taxi from outside Smyths, Icon to Castletroy. The taxi driver is from Nigeria, he has a long name, however he is known as Ojay (spelling?) pronounced OJ. He was saying that he just finished from UL in Production Engineering (or Management).

I would like to meet up with him as I believe I lost my memory stick from my pocket when I was getting money for the taxi fare.

The taxi was a peoples carrier style vehicle. Still think it could be a 4 seater or perhaps a 6 seater at most.

Would anybody know this guy?

Thanks

Ray

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Do you know what company he worked with? Try ringing around if you don't and check em all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Most of the african taxi drivers (if he had a radio) work with Treaty cabs. 415566 is the number.
    If he had a rectangular machine (a little bigger than the taxi meter) with an lcd display mounted on his dash then he is more than likely with treaty cabs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Do you know what company he worked with? Try ringing around if you don't and check em all.

I don't know the company. Yes I'll try ringing around. Thanks

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    Most of the african taxi drivers (if he had a radio) work with Treaty cabs. 415566 is the number.
    If he had a rectangular machine (a little bigger than the taxi meter) with an lcd display mounted on his dash then he is more than likely with treaty cabs.

I didn't take any notice if there was any radio and don't remember hearing anything over the airwaves. I'll still try Treaty Cabs. Thanks

Ok, I had a look around town for the taxi today and rang around as well. Will try again tonight. Come to think of it I believe he works private.

So if anybody get talking to a taxi driver from Nigeria who just finished a degree in production engineering and who also has a degree in mechanical engineering from Nigeria. Can you ask him if he found a memory stick in his car on Saturday night (18/06/2011)? If so could you say you believe its from a guy Ray McInerney, 24 Cois Ghruda.

If you can get his details and let me know, that would be great.

Generous reward available

Thanks

Ray

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

Try the taxi federation, all drivers have to be registered

Thank you lads

I got back my memory stick last night. Met another taxi driver from Nigeria and he rang the 1st guy Orji. He checked inside his car and found the stick.

Thanks

/thread close

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yupyup7up

delighted for you! there are good taxi drivers! :D

haha orji.......

yupyup7up wrote: »
    delighted for you! there are good taxi drivers! :D

haha orji.......

Thank you. Orji is a good man. He'll be graduating this September in Production Engineering at UL.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

All's well that ends well. :)

I'll lock this now.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement