Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What am I doing?

Options
  • 19-06-2011 9:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭

Keeping it brief....last week

2hr running, 2 1hr mixed pace runs approximately 15km each
    1.5hr swimming, 2 sessions, 1 pool 1 sea, pool; drills and 200m repeats
    6hr cycling, long cycle only 120km
    3.5hr MMA, 2 sessions
    1hr 5 aside football, medium/low intesity
    General cycling roughly 2hr, cycling to shops etc...
    very small amount of weight, 1 a week, planks, rows, dips, squats, lungs, pull ups, press ups, shoulder presses, clean and jerks, all with low weights approximately 2/3 body weight.
    Stretch yoga based, hamstrings, hamstrings hamstrings and more hamstrings (head to knee), hip opener (pidgeon), triangle, reverse triangle, etc

Runnning a race next weekend, but didn't think I race this year and It only a base/come back year. anyway wish me luck.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Mr Marri

So far, 1 run, 1 MMA and 1 football.
    General thing don't feel great, quite tired and lacking some energy, training has been a struggle. Also quads are still ackie after the spin on Saturday ! :o. I intend to finish out the training for the week but difinitely resting on saturday before the race on sunday. After that I'll be hitting the weights as I'm taking a bit of a pounding in MMA at the mo :(. Cry me a river!

i could make excuses but i m pissed, so disa;ointing, and while i know i;ll do my best for still for the nextg couple ofv days i'm so disa-pointed :-( :-(

:o^^^^^:o cringe!

Well it worts and all.......any way the run went so-so <4 min/km but was gunning for <6min/miles so I still need to find 10s/km which I'd like to do this year :).

Anyway training has not been going to plan at all,
    Monday light swim about 1km
    Tues MMA
    Wed run dns/dnf got to the bottom of the hill (1km) and pulled up as 0 quality so didn't want to just grind out the miles for the sake of it.
    Thursday MMA extremely achy.
    Friday, resting had planned a swim but no chance as I'm very under the weather, tired and fatigued and washed out.

Not 100% why I'm so out of form, going to log my diet for the next week and ease off on the S/B/R.
    Hears to a very inactive weekend and see if I can get my mojo back.

Dragged myself threw a yoga class on sunday, felt poorly from start to finish, other than that I've been laid up. I'm back to 80% so going to head along to class tonight and really going to work on improving the quality of my sleep, it's the only thing I can think of that might have me so messed up, so no internet in the bedroom.
    Other than the above, I've been thinking of split my week into two, MMA/weights on tuesday/wednesday/thursday, SBR on Friday/Saturday/Sunday, so monday will be a rest day.

Anyway.... I really really really, hope I get back to my usually way sone this being sick sucks! :mad:

Mr Marri wrote: »
    I'm back to 80% so going to head along to class tonight

The above turned out to be a lie, so the whole of last week consisted of 1 MMA class and a very gentle swim <1000m :o and I'm getting fat too boot.

Going back to training this week...more for sanity than anything else. max efforts SBR will be 50%.

Going to try and turn this into a training log one of these days :pac:

• Advertisement

Ah feeling way better, almost human!!!
    Monday - light swim <1000m
    Tuesday - 2hr MMA good intensity
    Wednesday - 5-aside
    Thursday - 1.5hr MAA mixed
    Friday - 1000m+ working on my stroke and it's all over the place, I keep swimming into the wall :o.
    http://www.enjoy-swimming.com/swimming-freestyle-drills-side-slide.html
    But it is way faster when you get it right.
    Cycling 2.5hr in the week all of it commuting, sitting on the top ring and have begun to notice a bit of strenght come back to my quads.

So I'm begin to see the light at the end of the tunnel YAY!

Bike 30km & Swim 2km on Saturday,
    Sunday, had planned on doing a run, but felt proper tired in the morning so this end up being a lazy day. (listening to my body and all that). I did do loads of stretch in front of the tv.

Today (monday) - Morning HR 55BPM :eek::confused: it was 39-45BPM on sunday night, both taken lying down.
    Bike 30km/1hr(ish)/140BPM Very windy
    Run 10km/45min/170BPM felt good, but hard work, breathing very heavy. Max heart rate seen 175bpm....this is an old school monitor so no memory and no max/min function.

Going to start using the HR monitor to track recovery.

Other than that I'm eating everthing that doesn't move :confused:.

Forgot to mention first day back running in a month and I well pleased :-) :)

I'm calling this morning HR at 55BPM but it was all over the place so ranging between 50-60BPM.

Training tonight was a tough MMA class half circuts half rolling.

I'm now offically alarmed at how much I am eating, today I had

Breakfast - 300g of yogurt, 250g of museli,
    Little lunch - 200g of fruit and nut mix
    lunch - more fruit and nut mix (100g) + a kg of manderines,
    Diner - 4 eggs and 200g of cheese and a couple of hand fulls of museli

So total calories would be up there on the 4000-6000 braket!! !!

No exercise no weight gain calories are only about 2000.

At this rate I'll be forever slow :o:(

HR 55+ definitely up but only by a beat or two.

Football 1hr 20min felt great, 60% intensity
    Commuting on the bike 50min - 1hr. 50% intensity

Food
    Museli - 200g and yogurt 300g
    nuts and seeds 100g, and mints
    museli 50g
    4 eggs, spinage, cheese 100g
    1 liter of goats milk
    Total cals 3k-4k
    So need to come down by a min of 1k

HR: Unknown, up late.

Definitely felling the training now, tough MMA session tonight, with half an hour on the bike. Had planned a run session tomorrow (I'm supposed to be training for a race in a couple of weeks), but this now going to have to be an easy swim, as there is nothing left in the tank for a run. Will be making an extra effort to put in a quality run session saturday.

Food:
    150g of nuts and rasins, 2 apples and 2 banannas, 1000kcals
    100g of nuts and rasins, with 250g of cottage cheese, 700kcals
    1 apple and a bananna, 200kcal
    3 apples and a bananna, 400kcal
    4 egg omellette with 100g of chesse 700kcal
    1 litre of goats milk 460kcal
    Total approx, 3500kcal so still too much.

p.s. back on the cod liver oil so extra 90kcal there as well.

• Advertisement

Friday - got a pinch puncture on one of the many pot holes around town so bike ride was scuppered :(. did a easy swim 1250m
    Saturday - 50km on the bike and a 10km run, run was pure torture, but I stuck it out, calfs are screaming, there might be a bit of tendonitis.
    Sunday, 2km sea swim and 30km on the bike, very easy pace on both, seem split on the wetsuit. so I'll be in the market for some wetsuit cement.
    Plan for tomorrow is some running speed work, so 200m, 400m, 800m repeats.

Week summary; run 20km Bike 130km Swim 3km MMA 3.5hr football 1.3hr

10km easy, but still hard :confused::o, trying to de hypnotise my legs from cycling, Not recording pace at the moment as i would find it to disheartening.
    Food wise I'm logging everthing I buy in fitday, and wil post it here at the of each week. i think this will be easier than trying to work it out day by day.

The ticker is acting up again, felt it big time last night in MMA and was a little sluggish tonight in footie, but other than that feeling fresh :) way better than last week.
    On the food front fitday is showing me at ~10,000 cals so need to easy right back for the rest of the week as I'm aiming for 18,000 for the week :confused:.

p.s. Lots more tomatoes

MMA for 1.5hrs thursday, 30k cycle and 1k swim friday, this was of such low intensity that I don't think it even counts.
    Cals for the week so far 15,000.

Need to do lots more (some) running! run, bloody run!

did 9.2km at 4:12/km and am pretty disappoimted that i've lot so much pace. Also it was supposed to be a 10km but had to pull up at 9.2 so i could visit a field for a bit of unpleasentness :o. ah well more running tomorrow.

Grams Calories %-Cals
    Calories 17,265
    Fat 720.7 6,301 36%
    Saturated 168.1 1,477 9%
    Polyunsaturated 161.5 1,389 8%
    Monounsaturated 250.1 2,180 13%
    Carbohydrate 2,279.0 8,673 50%
    Dietary Fiber 235.5
    Protein 587.9 2,312 13%

RDA % RDA
    Vitamin A 22,170.2mcg 900.0 2,463
    Vitamin A 111,739.9IU -- --
    Vitamin B6 22.3mg 1.3 1,717
    Vitamin B12 59.0mcg 2.4 2,460
    Vitamin C 1,295.7mg 90.0 1,440
    Vitamin D 142.6mcg 5.0 2,851
    Vitamin D 5,703.0IU -- --
    Vitamin E 164.9mg 15.0 1,100
    Vitamin E 246.2IU -- --
    Calcium 6,390.5mg 1,000.0 639
    Cholesterol 5,119.0mg -- --
    Copper 17.2mg 0.9 1,909
    Iron 158.1mg 8.0 1,976
    Magnesium 3,010.2mg 400.0 753
    Manganese 40.1mg 2.3 1,743
    Niacin 196.9mg 16.0 1,231
    Pant. Acid 91.5mg 5.0 1,830
    Phosphorus 12,604.0mg 700.0 1,801
    Potassium 27,734.7mg 4,700.0 590
    Riboflav 24.7mg 1.3 1,897
    Selenium 817.5mcg 55.0 1,486
    Sodium 15,821.6mg 1,500.0 1,055
    Thiamin 15.8mg 1.2 1,318
    Water 8,484.3g -- --
    Zinc 95.0mg 11.0 863

I give up (on table making, not life in general)

In brief I eat 2875 Cals a day and am deficient in potassium and calcium also it looks like I take to much cod liver oil. Oh and I could do with more protein.

training today 40km on the bike and 60min run of mix pace with polymetrics.

Gave it socks tonight 10km in 41:10 so 4:07/km a little quicker than last week, man was it hard, HR was 165 on the down hill and 172 on the up hill. I was cramping badly by before halve way and breathing hard all the way.
    I was reading a tri mag :o this week and they suggest that 5lb is worth 1min over 10km so I'll be looking to lose a good bit of weight, but on positive note I have two mins hang on my gut ;).
    Training yesterday was an easy 1250m swim, tried to balance on my chest and I think it gave me a small improvement, easier but not faster :pac:.

Yesterday: MMA - 60%

hard day today,

We'll I'm 600g heavier than I was two weeks ago and well it not muscle :(. I think reducing my cals any further would be counter productive. my best bet is to do some lifting to increase my muscle mass (this has worked in the passed) but I find it a little on the monotous.

The plan for today was intervals/polymetics/circuts but it turned out to be 50km on the bike and 1250m swim, swim was a disaster thought I'd been getting quicker, but timed myself tonight and well it's the same as always :(. And to add insult to injury I was feeling a little out of it getting out of the pool, thought it might be blood sugars so went to the vending machine (I know) and tried to buy a 100g of chocolate peanuts and the beeping thing gave me two packets.

So to sumarise: I'm fatter and slower than I was two weeks ago. f**king great!

Yesterday, turned out to be something of a rest day, went out to a run and got to the bottom of the hill and the legs/body basicly said f**k off :pac: so it turned into a 1.5 hr walk. Oh nearly forgot dug the weights out and did some squats (20 @ 66% bw), lungs (20 @ 66% bw) and dead lifts (20 @ 66% bw), pretty light but don't want to over do it.

Today, 30km on the bike, 30min run + 10min high knees + 10min heal flicks and some striding, not used to doing this stuff on my own.

Food wise Looking at the food diary I'm back over 3000cals a day which is bad news and I'm deficient in Niacin and Calcium. Macro Carbs 43%, Fat 42% and Protein 15% by Cals

Next week there's going to be a big push on the food front, planning something like this, bran flakes, cottage cheese, plain yogurt, spinach, almonds, and eggs..... the plan being to bore myself into eating less. this if you believe fitday cover all my requirements. (It doesn't really as fitday shows the bran flakes to be fortified with vitamin A & D but I'll cover this will ClO).

Anyway here's to an excellent week ahead!

• Advertisement

10km run 45:56 min with 160HR not quick but that's ok
    12km on the bike
    650m in the pool, gym staff started closing up an hour before close :confused:.

So I'll see how I feel in the morning :D.

Tuesday: MMA nice and gentle

Wednesday: 90min Footie
    20 Squats @ 66%BW
    20 DL @ 66%BW
    Lots of one sided farmers walks with 36%BW
    20 Lunges 36%BW

A few hunger pangs earlier in the week but all good now.

On a go! !!

Generally feeling good, mood is good and no major niggles. My short term running goals look like pipe dreams at the moment but I'm going to train like hell all the same :D.

Yesterday 90min mma, 50%
    Today, swim 100m repeats 1:55 to 1:48 pool was seriously busy the sooner the schools are back the better. Total distance 1100m. Long term goal would be to get this down to 1:40.
    Today, Run, down hill 5km in 19:25 uphill 5km 22:24 a little damp, wiindy and a little bit of car traffic.

Anyway more running work tomorrow!

No gas in the tank today,

Run 45mins, 200 skips, 200 high knees, 100 frog jumps, 200 strides, 200 lunges twists and 10 short hill climbs, I had hope to do some interval reps but I was totally struggling so I tooks the quality over quantity get out clause :pac:.
    Bike 40km time unknown but definitely not quick.

Tomorrow will be either 40-50km on the bike and a sea swim or fartlek but at the moment I need to see how I feel in the morning.

A little stiff and sore from yesterdays work, I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing. Looks like more core work is going to be needed.

Today
    Cycle 40km: felt sloowwwww
    Swim, felt like I was fighting the wetsuit all the way: 1500m ish stop start all the way so it took 45mins :eek:.

Tomorrow will depend on how I feel but I'm leaning towards a rest day if not it'll polymeterics and/or intervals.

Other than that I don't think cottage cheese agrees with me so I'm going to try a few other brands and see how I get on.

And the magic number is............................... 23.8
    Rest day so nothing to report, it's raining cats and dogs.

Yesterday good: 5sec off my 100m time in the pool :D, relaxed mma.
    Today crap: went out for an easy 10km, which turned into a very miserable 5km jog and 5km walk........ not to be overly dramatic but i feel like throwing in the towel......****ty days suck!
    Going back to the pool tomorrow to cheer myself up, never ever thought i'd say that! :eek:

I was out training in the rain today, It was drizzling when I left, and to be honest I was getting kinda pissed off because the session wasn't going to well! Then if occurred to me....
    "look man your out here on a wet and windy day working your ass off, when you could be sitting on the coach scratching your ass, so far f***s to you for doing this and get off your own back about the number of reps/ time etc"

Since the last update.....
    10 x 100m freestyle 103s-110s, 90min mma, 50km bike, and 40min polys & speed work, and a cheese burger meal :D.

39min for 10km tonight so well happy! !!

Morning swim
    100m x 2 1 arm stroke
    50m kick only
    100m 3 touch
    5 x 100m free style 1:50
    Felt very slush this morning, but who cares sub 40min 10km :D:D:D

• Advertisement

Yesterday
    Yep, another PB but this time it was in the pool with 100m < 100s.... I ain't fast but I'm happy :D.
    Other than the above
    100m x 2 one are strokes
    100m 3 touch
    100m x 5 freestyle
    100x mixed

Yesterday
    An easy 1000m in the pool and 10km on the bike and an hour of so of footy.

Advertisement