Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What am I doing?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Mr Marri

Thursday, I couldn't remember for ages :confused: but it was a pool day so either drills & 100m or 1km :confused:

Friday, 1km in 22min yes I was swimming the right way.
    30km on the bike
    polymetric/core and sprints.

Saturday was a right off :(

Today,
    Run: Fartlek for 10km in the morning, hard going
    Swim catch up drill 100m, one arm drill 100m x2, closed fist drill 100m, side swim 100m, 5 x 100m free style 95-100s so was very supprised at the 95s will need to repeat to make sure it actually happened. 500m in 10min don't know where the speed goes.

Defo feeling washed out, I think it's the added morning swims but I do love my morning swim...decisions decisions :o.

Since my last update
    swim drills & 5 x 100m freestyle repeats. 98s-104s 120mins MMA, 10km on the bike and 1km long swim very easy in 21.5mins. so taking it easy tonight.....roll on race day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

Fartlek! Good man, haven't heard of that in years. Tough for sure, but pays dividends if memory serves.

Hi Duck's hoop, Yea, it's alway the old school hard stuff that seems to work :eek:.
    I'm trying to squeeze the last bit of speed into/out of my legs before a 10km in two weeks.

To paraphrase somebody famous "It doesn't get easier, you just get faster"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

I seem to remember enjoying the novelty of the randomness, it broke up the week or something. I raced downhill bikes and it suited that too. Glad you reminded me, gonna use it myself, handcycle though.

Good luck with your 10k!

Thanks Duck's hoop, Really looking forward to it, It's my last race of the year so I'll be giving it socks.

Thursday swim: drills and 100m repeats, only managed two both <100s. Not sure if I was late to the pool of the drills took too long.

Thursday MMA: right leg got a bit of a battering in kick drills, other than that was a good 90mins.

Friday Swim: Ah crawled out of bed after a horrible nights sleep (sweats). right leg in bad shape, swollen, bruised, carrying a bit of a limp, not from pain just the quads seemed slow to react so keep hitting my knee if that makes any sense :confused:. I'm not complaining, it just poor timing so close to the race. Anyway back to the swim: 1km easy (forgot watch so no time)

Friday Run: didn't happen due to leg (and me) needing a rest.

General cycling: 15km slow around town stuff, Bike is begin to complain about the complete lack of tlc.

Other comments: carrying way too much tension in my shoulds, probably explains (I hope) so of the poor swims and general stiffness in my back.

Plan for the weekend will be two good solid run sessions, 1 ploymetrics and 1 fartlek and a time trial monday to establish final race pace.

Saturday:
    Swim, pool was very crowded so relax 1km,
    Run, Race pace session. 10km at 3:58min kms

Sunday:
    Swim, 1km 20:50 :(, so I'm on the internet looking for some tips to see what I'm doing wrong. I have a suspicsion that my breathing stroke is a mess.
    Run, Non had better things to do.:)

Advertisement