Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Link to the Past Or Links awakening

Options
  • 19-06-2011 12:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

Whats the better Zelda game?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,479 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

'Better' is a tricky one in this instance - they're very similar games indeed, Links Awakening obviously a bit more technically basic due to the restrictions of Gameboy, and the Link to the Past dungeon design is probably more iconic (although the colour dungeon in LA DX is awesome).

Optimum result: play both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

link to the past is the best game ever made

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

Links Awakening! Maybe it isn't the better game, but I have great memories of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,001 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Helix wrote: »
    link to the past is the best game ever made

I can never come to a definitive 'best game ever made' (and probably never will). But LTTP is one of the biggest contenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Carl Sagan wrote: »
    Links Awakening! Maybe it isn't the better game, but I have great memories of it.

Same here. I'd never even heard of the LOZ series when I bought it and at first I was going wtf is this? But it drew me in very quickly. I still remember the first time I finished it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Optimum result: play both.

This. Link's Awakening was the first Zelda game I played, so it will always hold a special place in my heart. A Link to the Past is much more expansive though, I enjoyed exploring more in that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,319 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

never could finish either game, but they're both equally awesome. Link to the Past was epic, but you could take Links Awakening anywhere. Something to be said for that. Hours lost on long school bus rides in the mornings and afternoons slicing things to ribbons and getting stuck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Always had a soft spot for A link to the past as it was from my snex glory days , remember renting it loads of times and every time my save was intact :)

Took me many an hour to work out how to beat the last boss, no internet in them days
    you needed a sliver arrow

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

'Better' is a tricky one in this instance - they're very similar games indeed, Links Awakening obviously a bit more technically basic due to the restrictions of Gameboy, and the Link to the Past dungeon design is probably more iconic (although the colour dungeon in LA DX is awesome).Optimum result: play both.

Well made points. ALttP as a console game is longer/more intricate and it's just a stunning game in every aspect (gameplay, storyline, music, graphics/art style).....LA is a finely made handheld game but suffers (i use that term in the lightest manner) from being a handheld game...IMO it can't compare to my personal favourite game ever made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 irish_whiskey

A link to the past will always remind me of my childhood. Playing it on the SNES with me thinking it was the best game ever invented.

Since the Ocarina of time was brought out on the 3DS I went back to playing a Link to the Past on the SNES and playing Ocarina of time on the N64. Brilliant.

You got to give it to Nintendo, they know how to bring games to market that they know will sell money.

Just wish that Square Enix would look at FF7 and bloody bring that back ha. Ah well... a gamer can dream.

• Advertisement
Advertisement