Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amy Winehouse off her tits in Belgrade

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Ray Charles
    Jimi hendrix
    Graham Nash
    Phil Lynott

These are all incredibly talented and creative people who achieved amazing things in their lives. Amy Winehouse is an alright singer who sings other peoples songs - she doesn't belong in a list like that...

Imelda May on the other hand is an amazing singer, with real creative talent and has the potential to become a legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Imelda May on the other hand is an amazing singer, with real creative talent and has the potential to become a legend.

True, I'd love to see her crack America.

She should have been on the Ellen show, not those Crystal Swing muppets,
    no matter how strangely attractive the 'oul one is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Amy Winehouse is an alright singer

Stop talking nonsense. She is an exceptional vocalist and it's a genuine shame to see her decline.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Aidric wrote: »
    She is an exceptional vocalist and it's a genuine shame to see her decline.
    It is indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

These are all incredibly talented and creative people who achieved amazing things in their lives. Amy Winehouse is an alright singer who sings other peoples songs - she doesn't belong in a list like that...

Win e house is a finomanl singer

Take this yoke below they have to layer her voice and put an effect on it just to make it sound good

Stop talking nonsense. She is an exceptional vocalist and it's a genuine shame to see her decline.

+1

Honestly, it would be a damn shame to see someone so talented, decline.
    What the money makers will possibly try and replace her kind with, is the Justin Beibers of this world - then god help us all!

Now that would drive any sane person to drink!

Biggins wrote: »
    Gee, you like to go off on one!

Actually here's one back at you.
    Having worked with some of these people in the past, I know exactly what I'm talking about but you continue going off on one.

These inconsiderate fcukwits that effect others peoples earnings, are just pure selfish for the sake of feeding their own habits.
    End of story.

Others that end up working such tours take out loans (subsequently), relax a bit and drop some stresses due to the fact that they might be working again.
    If some are lucky enough to be paid a redundancy fee, its never the full amount of which they might have banked on and/or made plans around.

If Winehouse wants to do what she is doing, she should have at least the consideration not to drag all around her into her self-made chaos.
    ..Then again, she isn't thinking of them - she's only thinking of herself. Fact.

P.S.
    1. I wasn't lecturing you on anything.
    2. My grounds is purely economic ones.

Nah not really can't stand people not excepting that its rock and role. :D

Having worked with isnt a grounds for experence its ground for information and a one sided view which means fvck all... imo

yes but sure, shes a headinist biatch... who probably gets her drugs of the roadies :)

well you know what your as oldder then me and we booth know unless something written in stone your main objective is that your gonna back your self up enough...

well ye shes a headonistic bitch and its like jugeling chains saws blind folded..

...well ye shes a headonistic bitch and its like jugeling chains saws blind folded..
    Well for the sake of better music and developing raw talent even further, I hope to god sometime soon she sees sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Yes she's a good singer, but is in no way original, just imitating what black female singers have been doing for years, just not as good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭PostHack

Win e house is a finomanl singer

:eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I thought she was dead!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Yakult wrote: »
    I thought she was dead!?

No, she just looks it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

What a waste of good talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Moved from AH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Ray Charles
    Jimi hendrix
    Graham Nash
    Phill linnit
    all drug addicts

I think amy wine is showing tallanty best singers or song writers are genuinly always mixed up in drug

oh no you din't!11! :eek:

• Advertisement

Well for the sake of better music and developing raw talent even further, I hope to god sometime soon she sees sense.

Raw tallant its gone replaced bye black guys with more gold and diamond encrusted i phone then anything else....

The problem is back in the 50s 60s 70s and 80s had a mass of creativity and tried al sorts of things these days rocks died it jujst doesnt have the same buzz about it its done to death....

Now take that this below thast raw talant...

OOO wait the kings of leon there lioke epic :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭cml387

Has anyone ever seen Tracey Emin and Amy Winehouse in the same room?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

You don't know what you're talking about. She's got a fantastic voice, and she does write her own songs. Read anything about her, and you will see that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

cml387 wrote: »
    Has anyone ever seen Tracey Emin and Amy Winehouse in the same room?

If I did, I would immediately lose the will to live.

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    Yes she's a good singer, but is in no way original, just imitating what black female singers have been doing for years, just not as good.

You could say the exact same thing about Adele (she's even more guilty of that in my opinion) yet everyone seems to be worshipping at the altar of Adele these days.

Also, music is never 100% original. People are constantly recycling and copying stuff from the past. There's never been such thing as complete originality since f*cking classical music.

She sings the kind of music that she likes, clearly. Nothing wrong with that. Soul, blues and jazz have been around forever and will continue to live on through new singers who bring new perspectives to it. Just because other people did it first doesn't mean that all of a sudden the entire genre of music is sacred and no longer allowed to be touched by anyone else. So long as there are troubled people, there'll be blues music. That's the evolution of music. Billie Holiday, Dee Dee Warwick, Sarah Vaughan, Lauryn Hill (the people that Winehouse remind me of) are all awesome, so I wouldn't exactly berate her for taking some inspiration from them. Clearly the girl likes soul/blues/jazz music, and she's got the voice and songwriting skills to pull it off, so fair play to her. She's a talented musician underneath all the problems, and when she's right, she's a credit to this type of music. It's a shame that she's the way she is, because she has the potential to be one of the greats of soul music.

• Advertisement

You don't know what you're talking about. She's got a fantastic voice, and she does write her own songs. Read anything about her, and you will see that.

She still doesn't belong on that list.

She still doesn't belong on that list.

Who's making a list? Just because someone is a drug addict doesn't automatically make them a bad person, or indeed a bad musician.

Kurt Cobain was a drug addict for the best years of his life and eventually blew his own brains out, leaving his young child behind. Despite this, this man is treated like a God. Why the double standard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Platinum2010

wow amy winehouse under the influence of alcohol or drugs , huge shock there

she is seriously pathetic tbh

My comment has nothing to do with drug addicts or alcoholics. Amy Winehouse just isn't as talented or creative as the others listed above. Curt Cobain on the other hand does belong. Amy Winehouse will be forgotten quite quickly...

My comment has nothing to do with drug addicts or alcoholics. Amy Winehouse just isn't as talented or creative as the others listed above. Curt Cobain on the other hand does belong. Amy Winehouse will be forgotten quite quickly...

It's all a matter of opinion. And I really don't think Amy Winehouse will be forgotten that quickly. She does have good music to back up the hype about her. She's got a brilliant voice and she's capable of writing a good tune. And if she dies young, she definitely won't be forgotten. Let's face it, that's the only reason people like Cobain, Joplin, Morrison etc. are treated like icons - because they died in tragic circumstances at young ages. There's a romance to being a troubled musician who ends up dying young. People see them through rose-tinted glasses. If Kurt Cobain was living in today's media-driven world, he'd be seen for what he was. However, because he lived at a time when the media was less powerful and we didn't have things like YouTube and Twitter and all that, and most of the people who love him weren't even alive when he was alive, everyone just sees him as this tragic figure. Like John Lennon said himself, everyone loves you when you're six feet under.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

Having seen her antics in the media for a few years, I think you could
    chart how whacked out of it she is by the size of her hair.

When her hair is small, she is ok, but when the beehive or big do's are
    on her head, she's high as a kite.

I mean she is seriously fit in the photo on the right:

amy-winehouse-fat-thin.jpg

Winehouse cancels part of European tour after Belgrade debacle
    BRITISH SINGER AMY Winehouse is cancelling part of her European tour after the singer was booed for strange behavior during a concert in Serbia.

A Winehouse spokesman said she will be cancelling an appearance in Istanbul on Monday and in Athens on Wednesday.

The spokesman said on Sunday that Winehouse would like to say sorry to fans expecting to see her, but “feels that this is the right thing to do.” He added that she will return home after agreeing with management that “she cannot perform to the best of her ability.”

The singer, who has publicly struggled with drugs and alcohol, was jeered late Saturday as she performed in Serbia’s capital Belgrade.

She stumbled onto the stage, mumbled through her songs and sometimes wandered off.
    http://thedailyedge.thejournal.ie/winehouse-cancels-part-of-european-tour-after-belgrade-debacle-159133-Jun2011/

Probably for the best, but it shouldn't have even come to this. What were her management thinking? They have a lot to answer for.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

And if she dies young, she definitely won't be forgotten.

Yes she will..she's almost forgotten already..a crack-whore with a voice vaguely like a black woman..big deal..Next!

• Advertisement

Degsy wrote: »
    Yes she will..she's almost forgotten already..a crack-whore with a voice vaguely like a black woman..big deal..Next!

"A crack whore..."

:rolleyes:

"A crack whore..."

:rolleyes:

Yes..and "A no-good junkie piece of shiit"

Yes..and "A no-good junkie piece of shiit"

I think you should look up the meaning of the term "crack whore" before bandying it about, and like I said already, being a drug addict or an alcoholic doesn't automatically make someone a bad person. It just means they have issues, lots of people do. Unfortunately some don't deal with them very well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Shocking.. She signed up to do the tour and is no doubt getting well paid to do it.... To show up like that at a gig is a complete two fingers to the people who bought tickets for her gigs.. Secondary responsiblity would be on her handlers and how they let her get in to that stage.. .

And serious kudos to the band and the big dude in the sharp suit, who tried to hold the thing on his own, while she walked round the stage like a two year old..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

And serious kudos to the band and the big dude in the sharp suit, who tried to hold the thing on his own, while she walked round the stage like a two year old..

Yes the band did great, though I would think they are well used to holding the show by now - hope they're paid well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I think you should look up the meaning of the term "crack whore" before bandying it about, and like I said already, being a drug addict or an alcoholic doesn't automatically make someone a bad person. It just means they have issues, lots of people do. Unfortunately some don't deal with them very well.

Well if you're addicted to heroin and the like then technically you probably are a bad person, breaking the law and all that

Bambi wrote: »
    Well if you're addicted to heroin and the like then technically you probably are a bad person, breaking the law and all that

Having a drug problem doesn't make anyone a bad person. It just means they have issues. Being surrounded by the wrong people and getting sucked into something, and then not being able to get out of that doesn't mean that person is bad, they're just in a bad situation. A lot of people smoke cannabis, but I'm sure they don't consider themselves bad people (rightfully so), even though that's against the law. Most people would consider cannabis use fairly harmless on the whole. Yes, heroin is more damaging, but she chooses to use it herself, and it's her life. Does it make her foolish? Yes. Does it make her a bad person? No. In fact, treating drug addicts as though they are bad people is just further marginalising them and making people less likely to actually go and seek help.

Having a drug problem doesn't make anyone a bad person. It just means they have issues. Being surrounded by the wrong people and getting sucked into something, and then not being able to get out of that doesn't mean that person is bad, they're just in a bad situation. A lot of people smoke cannabis, but I'm sure they don't consider themselves bad people (rightfully so), even though that's against the law. Most people would consider cannabis use fairly harmless on the whole. Yes, heroin is more damaging, but she chooses to use it herself, and it's her life. Does it make her foolish? Yes. Does it make her a bad person? No. In fact, treating drug addicts as though they are bad people is just further marginalising them and making people less likely to actually go and seek help.

what a load of ****e.

what a load of ****e.

Well, I see you've got some really good opinions to put forward on the issue anyway.

• Advertisement

Yes, heroin is more damaging,

Observation of the year.

but she chooses to use it herself, and it's her life. Does it make her foolish?

Yes..and it makes her a no-good junkie.

People paid good money to see here slur and mumble her way round the stage in her junkie arrogance.

They should've trashed the venue and kicked some sense into her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

look rock stars have done it for years... ozzie ozborn , jonny rotten, Keith richards once or twice...

and my old man just said he never seen any one that bad... but for god sake what about axel rose who got his panties in a bunch when he went out on stage and acted like a wanka?

what about the rest of them...

while some say oo thats terrible... some one always out dos others....

any way jarvis cocker still lives on for thing he did when jackson was on stage that was palin funny :pac:
    why did you mention Johnny Rotton?

why did you mention Johnny Rotton?

Whoever he is..

Observation of the year.

Yes..and it makes her a no-good junkie.

People paid good money to see here slur and mumble her way round the stage in her junkie arrogance.

They should've trashed the venue and kicked some sense into her.

Oh give over. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

She looks like a extra from The Walking Dead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭lovethefun

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    She looks like a extra from The Walking Dead
    :D lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Dub Ste

Having seen her antics in the media for a few years, I think you could
    chart how whacked out of it she is by the size of her hair.

When her hair is small, she is ok, but when the beehive or big do's are
    on her head, she's high as a kite.

I mean she is seriously fit in the photo on the right:

amy-winehouse-fat-thin.jpg

The photo on the right,she looks fabulous,could make me empty my nutsack,the one on the left is horrendous,could make me open my barfsack......

Advertisement