Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complaint

Options
  • 19-06-2011 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

I would like to make a complaint about the following moderator comment in the health and fitness thread:
    Yammycat and Rogermarbles, give it up the pair of you. None of that nonsense is helping the OP.

Review of the thread will reveal that I have acted in accordance with the forum charter in both rebuking the poster yammycat without personal abuse, citing scientific literature to back up my points which the aformentioned poster has failed to do (rule 1 in the charter) while at the same time giving the OP of the thread helpful advice based on a sound scientific basis regularly. Yet I receive a public reprimand from a moderator for doing so along with the other poster as if our actions are comparable.

I have reported the thread yet no action has been taken so far. It would seem moderators are much happier to publicly denounce forummers adhering to the rules rather than tackle the real issue.

I do not see my actions in anyways as "nonsense", I and would politely request that my account be deleted if they are still deemed to be so.

Regards,
    RM.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

As this isn't about a ban or infraction being disputed, I've moved this to the Helpdesk, as it doesn't fall under the DRP remit.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Roger Marbles

Thanks Spear.

As further evidence of double standards/selective moderating from moderators in health and fitness, here's a very similar thread from a few months back:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056038967

and the first contribution of a moderator in that thread (breaking 2 rules of the forum charter no less):
    ApeXaviour wrote: »
    lol biggrin.gif

Sugar is energy, therefore sugar is good for you!

And fat makes you fat because duh otherwise it wouldn't be called fat!

Compare that in contrast to my own often evidence-based contributions in the moderated thread..

Also, the thread wasn't locked and nobody reprimanded despite the OP asking people to start a new thread as it went off topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Roger Marbles

Again, I'd like to point out it's been over a week now and my complaint still has not even been addressed.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

It is my understanding that you did not follow the complaints procedure set out in this thread under bullet point 3 of the heading "What DOES this forum handle".

You must first attempt to resolve the issue with the moderator directly via PM.

If you cannot resolve the issue that way, you must then contact the moderator's CMod(s). The Rec CMods are g'em, kbannon, randylonghorn and trout.

If the complaint still cannot be resolved, THEN you start a complaint thread here, including as much relevant information as possible.

I am now closing this thread until you follow the complaints procedure set out in the Help Desk charter. Feel free to start another thread when you have exhausted the complaints procedure.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement