Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horses......... lots of lays

Options

Comments

Don't have as much to say about the 7.45, no point blabbing for the sake of it and it's time consuming too :pac:

Corr Point looks very interesting, this 14f trip is fine for it on the turf and he stays longer here at W'ton with a decent 2nd lto over 17f. HCd ok on the basis of that and one that I would find it hard not to back for the place at what I think is a juicy price
    Corr Point 3.45 €10.00 backed tbp
    Happy to take that, might get bigger but I reckon 3.45 is more than enough for this one in this place market

The favourite, Lemon Drop Red has it to do in my opinion, quite a lot to do actually. Has had a CD effort here. finished 6th off 74 in a 0 to 75, 2 lbs lower for this which shouldn't make a huge difference. All three wins have been at 12f, I reckon this trip is a stretch for Lemon Drop Red

Lemon Drop Red 3.9 €5.00 layed to win

Lemon Drop Red 1.69 €15.00 layed tbp

I think Boa will struggle with the trip too but I won't be laying it at the price to win (9.0 at the moment) and it might well be placed in fairness to it.

8.15 W'ton Orwellian 2.54 €10.00 layed tbp

0 to 65 this one tackles it off 65, same as lto over same trip at Kempton, a much of a muchness run may or may not see him placed in this, W'ton debut too, I've mentioned more than once (or thrice) that Kempton form doesn't transfer to W'ton and vice versa. Happy to lay at the skimpy odds.

9.15 W'ton Cookieshake 2.28 €8.00 layed tbp

Stepping up in trip after 3 runs, HC debut, hasn't shown much to justify a mark of 68 really, Fallon on board but W'ton debut too. Very short all things considered.

Decent amount of CD form in this race, the fav was 2nd off 65 by a neck beaten by a 68 rated horse in a 0 to 75, very good form that for this race.

Monster Munchie has a decent bit in the book too, winning a CD 0 to 65 off 64 by a length, could well improve and find the mark of 68 less than an inconvenience, little bit on him for the place ..

Monster Munchie 2.48 €7.00 backed tbp

RoverJames wrote: »

Master Of Dance 2.84 €9.31 layed tbp

And a small win wager on my fancy..
    Spinning Ridge 19 €4.00 backed to win
    the place price is decentish too actually Spinning Ridge 5.2 €5.0 backed tbp

Master of Dance was 4th
    Spinning Ridge was 3rd
    Corr Point 3.45 €10.00 backed tbp..................

Lemon Drop Red 3.9 €5.00 layed to win

Lemon Drop Red 1.69 €15.00 layed tbp...............

Corr Point 7th
    Lemon Drop Red 12th
    8.15 W'ton Orwellian 2.54 €10.00 layed tbp

8th
    9.15 W'ton Cookieshake 2.28 €8.00 layed tbp....................
    Monster Munchie 2.48 €7.00 backed tbp

Neither placed

+€44.78 today

The AW is so so :cool: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 36 G87

nice profit yest

• Advertisement

Cheers, had a good week since losing the €60 odd on Sunday, think I'll stick to the AW mainly until the NH settles down a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 G87

whats your total profit/loss so far mate?
    w'hampton on later you just gonna stick to that yeah?

Started with €60, €930 profit now :) Was up at €1200 but had a bad run and lost the head a bit too. Have a lay coming up in the 3.15 but have had a good look at W'ton, I'll have lays/bets for the 6.30 and the 7.30 defo, still deliberating about the rest.

3.15 Hexham Present To You 4.1 €5.00 layed to win and tbp Present To You 1.76 €10.00

Doesn't seem to enjoy races over the bigger obstacles, well HC'd on hurdle from though but hasn't been anywhere near as effective in this sphere.

W'ton 6.30

Circuitous 2.7 €10.00 layed tbp
    In a CD 0 to 60 off 56 was well beaten, I reckon this one needs longer

Full Shilling 3.35 €5.00 layed tbp
    Looks like a turf horse to me, shouldn't feature

Future Impact 6 €5.0 layed tbp
    Looks a NAG, also W'ton debut

Pytheas 2.08 €5.00 backed tbp
    Won lto over 7f here in a 0 to 60 off 55, past Lingfield from over 7f/8f suggested that a shorter trip was ideal, great chance of going in here I think...
    Pytheas 5.9 €4.00 backed to win

• Advertisement

7.30 W'ton Cathcart Castle 5.4 €5.00 layed to win
    2lbs lower than when struggling over CD, that was after winning a 0 to 55 off 53, don't like this ones chances even with the revised mark

Yellow Printer 3.65 €5.00 layed tbp
    Stretched over this trip I feel

Vanilla Rum 5 €5.00
    Very little chance of featuring over this CD

........ and the one I like
    Highland Love 8.4 €6.00 backed tbp and to win Highland Love 36 €4.00

Has won a CD 0 to 60 off 57 back in Sep 2010, price is huge in this 0 to 55.

9.00 W'ton

I wonder how Castlemorris King will cope with the 8lb hike for a 0 to 55 win off 52 by 2l?

Miracle Play is down to 60, previous CD from was 4th in a 0 to 75 off 62, every horse that finished ahead was a much higher rated animal, it's not looney to think that maybe the mark of 60 is quite lenient for Miracle play although there is still a niggle that maybe 12f isn't ideal.

Golestan Palace looks interesting, beaten 4l off 55 in a CD 0 to 65 but was well clear of the 3rd horse, at the price it's the only one that appeals here......

Golestan Palace 3.71 €8.00 tbp backed

and to win.. Golestan Palace 13 €5.00 backed

I can see the price shortening before the off, happy to take what I got.

3.15 Hexham Present To You 4.1 €5.00 layed to win and tbp Present To You 1.76 €10.00..........
    3rd so placed on Betfair
    W'ton 6.30

Circuitous 2.7 €10.00 layed tbp ..............
    Full Shilling 3.35 €5.00 layed tbp
    Future Impact 6 €5.0 layed tbp

Pytheas 2.08 €5.00 backed tbp

Full Shilliing won, others all unplaced
    7.30 W'ton Cathcart Castle 5.4 €5.00 layed to win...........
    Yellow Printer 3.65 €5.00 layed tbp

Vanilla Rum 5 €5.00
    Vanilla Rum was 2nd
    ........ and the one I like
    Highland Love 8.4 €6.00 backed tbp and to win Highland Love 36 €4.00

Has won a CD 0 to 60 off 57 back in Sep 2010, price is huge in this 0 to 55.

Not placed
    9.00 W'ton

Golestan Palace 3.71 €8.00 tbp backed

and to win.. Golestan Palace 13 €5.00 backed

2nd

-€13 today, not too bad really.

3rd 4 week term, from Sun 14th Aug to Sat 10th September
    Total P&L: -€13.82 :(

And the current total which is from Sun 19th June to today....
    Total P&L: €991.78

4th 4 week term concludes :)
    From Sun 11th September to Sat 8th Oct

Total P&L: -€81.31 :(

And the current total which is from Sun 19th June to today....
    Total P&L: €910.47

There's €979.38 in the account, not much progress made in the last 8 weeks (the opposite really) but it could have been a lot worse.

Onwards and upwards :)

(fingers crossed)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

keep her lit sir, I just wish I knew how to work your system, I find that any race I back in the fav will win only about 2% of the time, so these are races I could be winning money by laying the fav and prob the 2nd fav to,

upwards and onwards.

For the last 8 weeks I have been wishing I knew how to work it too :pac:

Not much I fancy today and I haven't really the mind to delve into the NH stuff. I like the look of Moynahan in the 4.45 from Goodwood though.

Most of Moynahan's Goodwood form on a sound surface makes jolly enough reading, I'm not going to go back to day dot with this one though although the 7f 2nd to Axiom in 09 was a sign of things to come :)

Anyway, Moynahan won a CD 0 to 90 off 87 back in May 2010, interestingly that day the win was achieved with some in running misfortune which Moynahan dealt with and recovered from...

"Held up in touch towards rear, effort when badly hampered and lost place well over 1f out, switched left over 1f out, ridden and good headway on outer entering final furlong, ran on well to lead final 75yds"

'twould have you thinking that this Moynahan lad gets stuck in and does the job when needed.

A few months after that Moynahan tackled a 10f race here, coming 2nd off 89 in that 0 to 95, not shabby form.

More recently in May of this year Moynahan finished 3rd off 88 in a 9f 0 to 90 and then in July came 3l 4th off 84 in another 0 to 90. We'll ignore the last course run here on the penultimate start as it puts a big hole in things, in fairness Moynihan was eased when having no chance, such things happen in the game.

So, back to 8f in a 0 to 85 off near topweight on a good surface that shouldn't be cut up much if at all from the earlier races as it is quite decent, great chance I think.

Moynahan 3.88 €4.00 tbp as a small saver
    Moynahan 10.5 €10.00 backed to win, chunky enough bet but I'm willing to take the chance that all is well with him and thinking of the CD performance 18 months ago off a mark of 87 where he pulled lots out of the sleeve when needed it may well be worth chancing this one.

Satwa Laird is another with great credentials but the overall profile of a 13lb drop in the ratings in 18 months puts me off, I hate trying to catch horses to win on the way down, price not juicy enough for me.

2.15 Curragh Zalantoun 2.7 €5.00 layed tbp
    HAs had a run, 6th, beaten less than 2 lengths, soft ground may or may not bring about improvement, generally it doesn't so happy to lay in a field this size.

Moynahan 3.88 €4.00 tbp as a small saver
    Moynahan 10.5 €10.00 backed to win, ...............

5th I think, almost a copy of the run 18 months ago, wall of horses ahead, pulled out to the left but didn't quite pick up quickly enough, dunno was the ground getting too easy for him.
    2.15 Curragh Zalantoun 2.7 €5.00 layed tbp.........................

Came 3rd, deserved to too in fairness.

-€22.50 today

• Advertisement

And who better to oppose it with that a brilliant 3 year old who I feel is shaping as though good to soft or the artificial surfaces suit a tad more than firmer turf ground, ye read that here first folks :pac:

Dubawi Gold is best over the mile trip and I cannot resist backing it at this price, admittedly hasn't been wonderful of late but lto I feel the 7f was not adequate for Dubawi Gold to put it's best foot forward.

Saturday 15th Oct 3.35 Ascot Dubawi Gold 210 €2.31 backed to win :)

Beaten lto on very soft ground and who knows what it will be like this coming Saturday but if it's just on the easy side of good 209/1 is looney for Dubawi Gold, on the 27 Aug despite winning well in the end I reckoned that there was absolutely plenty in the locker, which is needed this coming Saturday but if the ground suits he'll be well capable of putting in a very decent run :)

I don't think there'll be any more 200 odd to 1 available between now and then though, more's the pity.

7.40 Kempton Storming Bernard 5.73 €5.00 backed to win

I reckon there's a sniff of value about this one in this 8f Conditions Stakes. Over four times the price of the fav, only 3lbs between them on the ratings and I reckon the fav's rating of 98 is a tad OTT, also Storming Bernard is proven over the mile trip having won well on GS. Now Storming Bernard is not tried on the AW yet the fav, Graphic is. The price and the fashion in which it finished off the mile race compensates well for that.

As much as I blow on about turf form not transferring to the AW when there is a price like this knocking around I'm glad to be such a flexible chap :)

Drawn nicely too and I'd expect him to make the running and perhaps steal a length or two on the rest, Graphic likes to be held up but I don't think giving Storming Bernard too much of a lead would be a good tactic.

8.10 Kempton 11f 0 to 70 HC

I don’t like the price of Deceptive in this, entitled to have a good chance after winning a 12f race here by 7l, that was a 0 to 65 off 61, he’s after getting 6lbs for that but obviously as a three year old could well be more than able to improve to take this. The run that day suggested 11f would be grand too, still at the price it’s defo not one I’d back, after all the HCer has a job to do too.

I do like the look of the topweight, Potentiale in this race, a CD winner, lto (on the AW, here over 11f) came 4th off 73 in a much better race, a 0 to 85, has to have a great chance here, I reckon this is his level and is interesting off 69. It’s 30 months since this 7yo ran off that mark, if he’s firing could well go in.

I’d also give Buddy Holly a chance, won a 12f 0 to 70 off 64 by 3 ½ l, reasonable chance off only 3lbs higher, admittedly at 6 ‘twouldn’t be a surprise if the few pounds anchor him either, it has on the turf I suppose.

Profile wise both Buddy Holly and Potentiale are fine on the AW, Buddy Holly has 2 wins, a 2nd and a third from 13 spins. Potentiale has a win, 4 seconds and a 3rd from 14 efforts. Fingers crossed Potentiale at least adds another place to that record.

So....
    Potentiale 29 €4.00 backed to win
    Potentiale 5.8 €5.00 backed tbp

Deceptive 1.37 €5 layed tbp

8.40 Kempton 11f 0 to 70 HC (another one !!)

Yet again I fancy a decent priced yoke, Broughtons Swinger looks to have likable credentials. Unusually for me this one’s AW form is nothing impressive, however I’m happy to accept that, can’t be doing the same ole thing all the time! Recent 11f turf form is very juicy, 1 ½ l third on penultimate start at Warwick off 67 in a 0 to 80 HC, staying on well so I’d be thinking the nice Kempton straight might well suit. A few runs before that over 10f at Windsor in a 0 to 80, Broughtons Swinger won off 64 that day so the Warwick run wasn’t a huge upturn in form. In fairness the 4 AW runs to date didn’t indicate a dislike for the surface and I feel the price does compensate for the lack of a Kempton or Lingfield AW HC to have a peak at in the formbook.

Rowan Ridge has a favourite’s chance, won easily lto here over 12f in a 0 to 65 off 60, got 6lbs for that, in fairness the price is about right but I won’t back it.

Rosco Flyer could get involved too, one a 0 to 80 CD race off 73 but that was an apprentice race, still off 63 if firing could be good enough, I’d be very slow to lay it here.

Kames Park layed tbp is looking tempting, won a CD 0 to 70 off 68 but only just, the place price looks a bit skimpy really.lll

Broughtons Swinger 9.4 €10.00 backed to win
    Broughtons Swinger 3.05 €5.00 backed tbp

Rosco Flyer 6.2 €4.00 backed tbp

Rowan Ridge 2.04 €10.00 layed tbp

7.40 Kempton Storming Bernard 5.73 €5.00 backed to win........
    finished 5th of the 6, did lead for a while.
    8.10 Kempton 11f 0 to 70 HC

So....
    Potentiale 29 €4.00 backed to win
    Potentiale 5.8 €5.00 backed tbp

Deceptive 1.37 €5 layed tbp

Potentiale 2nd and Deceptive was 4th
    8.40 Kempton 11f 0 to 70 HC (another one !!)

Broughtons Swinger 9.4 €10.00 backed to win
    Broughtons Swinger 3.05 €5.00 backed tbp

Rosco Flyer 6.2 €4.00 backed tbp

Rowan Ridge 2.04 €10.00 layed tbp

Rosco Flyer 2nd, other two unplaced, dunno exactly where they finished.

+€33.12 tonight

8.20 Kempton 0 to 85 12f HC

Deraasa likes the AW, there’s no doubt about that, fair maiden form over 12f here and won lto in a 12f Southwell maiden, won by 10l. HC debut tonight, I dunno, don’t like backing HC debutants, don’t like laying them either though, I have learned my lesson there !!

I do like Samarkand, 5 length CD win in a 0 to 85 off 72, up 10lbs from that and lto on turf was awful really but I like what that has done to the price here, in so far as he's not 3/1 fav.

Samarkand beat Area51 that day by 5 lengths, Area51 was rated 72 and Samarkland 76. Samarkland then ran over CD again off 80, coming a neck 2nd to Robin Hoods Bay who was running off 76.

Considering that (almost algebraic thinking about it) I reckon Samarkand has a better chance than Robin Hoods Bay here, I don’t reckon the weight accounted for the gap in distance so by my reckoning Samarkand should beat Robin Hoods Bay by a length or two, no disrespect to the HCer obviously.

Of the rest I’d give a chance to Alshazah and L’Hermitage.
    Alshazah untried over 12f but lto won a 0 to 75 off 70 over a furlong shorter, 12f might not be a stretch.
    L’Hermitage won a 0 to 70 off 70 on turf and also a 0 to 70 off 70 at Lingfield over 12f, now a 0 to 85 is a different kettle of fish but with trip and surface suiting in a HC it must have a chance.

So for the bets
    Samarkand 6.2 €10.00 backed to win
    Samarkand 2.46 €4.99 backed tbp
    Lhermitage 13.5 €2.26 & 14.5 €2.10 backed tbp

Lay wise
    Yasir 3.1 €5.00 layed tbp, untried over 12f, AW debut and doesn't look like one that will relish the trip.

8.50K 2m 0 to 60 HC

Fairly woeful affair, I do believe I have found a touch of value though

Imperial Fong 24 €4.00 backed to win

15f on turf lto brought out the best in this one, in fairness that was a weak race too but there aren't many in this race proven over the trip. Imperial Fong's previous AW efforts over shorter were no worse than turf efforts, if not better so the surface here shouldn't inconvenience.

Imperial Fong 5.5 €5.00 backed to tbp

place price isn't too bad either, 1/5 of the Betfair win price.

8.20 Kempton 0 to 85 12f HC..................
    Samarkand 6.2 €10.00 backed to win
    Samarkand 2.46 €4.99 backed tbp
    Lhermitage 13.5 €2.26 & 14.5 €2.10 backed tbp

Lay wise
    Yasir 3.1 €5.00 layed tbp, untried over 12f, AW debut and doesn't look like one that will relish the trip.

Yasir won, Samarkand was 2nd, LHermitage unplaced
    8.50K 2m 0 to 60 HC

Imperial Fong 24 €4.00 backed to win

Imperial Fong 5.5 €5.00 backed to tbp

Well, well beaten and unplaced

-€21.57 today

8.50 W'ton 0 to 60 7f HC

I think that this is a nice little race for my purposes :) I've found a nice bit of value and also a fav that I don't think has a great chance so I'm happy out, fingers crossed I'll be as happy after the race :pac:

Regarding the fav, Michaels Nook won on turf lto, a 0 to 60 over 7f off today's mark of 50, that was an apprentice race though, I don't really rate such races as actual concrete from :) Michaels Nook has had 3 spins on the AW, none here at W'ton but all were very poor so that's more reason to not fancy it's chances here tonight....

Michaels Nook 3.9 €4.00 layed to win
    Michaels Nook 1.74 €4.00 layed tbp

And now for the value :)
    Northern Flyer is topweight off 60 here, has nice course form over longer, winning a 0 to 70 9f contest off 63 after making all and staying on well to win quite cosily. Best effort since than was a close 2nd at Doncaster in a 0 to 70 off 56, lto here was not great but in handicap form off topweight Northern Flyer has I think a really really really decent chance.

Northern Flyer 2.9 €5.0 backed tbp
    Northern Flyer 9 €9.00 backed to win

• Advertisement

9.20 W'ton another 7f 0 to 60 HC

........... and more value :pac:

The favourite here, Jonnie Skull was beaten over CD by another of tonight's runners Pytheas, they are rated 60 and 59 respectively tonight, there was 5 lbs between them when Pytheas beat Jonnie Skull, Jonnie Skull didn't have a clear run home though but was still beaten a length and a half and I don't think the closer terms can justify the gulf in price between them, Jonnie Skull is available at 3.95 whereas Pytheas is a juicy 7.6 in comparison, over double the price.
    Pytheas also has ran very well over 9f here at W'ton, the way things are at the moment with whip rules etc I think I like being on yokes that won't be running out of steam on the home straight, also Pytheas is speedy enough for 7f :)

Pytheas 7.6 €7.00 backed to win
    and €5 tbp at SP, the current 2.4 available is a tad skimpy, won't be able to place any bets closer to the off so I'm happy to risk the place SP being better.

Advertisement