Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horses......... lots of lays

Options

Comments

8.05 Chespsow Belgian Bill 2.4 €6.0 backed

Apologies :pac: Trip and ground to suit, short price but off a fair mark too, very fanciable.

8.30 Newbury Rockfella 3.1 €5.00 to be placed.

Running off 73 in this 0 - 75, won a 0 to 75 off 70 over 12f before a poor run off 75 in a 0 to 85. Should stay the 13f trip today so a good place bet here.

8.50 Chester Tight Lipped 1.73 €7.00 laid to be placed

This field all seem much of a muchness, can't really fancy any of them really, so laying the fav to be placed :pac:

+€26.45 today

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

RoverJames wrote: »
    +€26.45 today

cant argue with that, Awesome,
    How is it looking over all?

• Advertisement

argosy2006 wrote: »
    How is it looking over all?

+€381.26, just under three weeks now. I've deviated from the intial plan though of just lays, still do a good amount of laying though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

+€381.26, just under three weeks now. I've deviated from the intial plan though of just lays, still do a good amount of laying though.
    Goin very well James, did you have any winners at Leopardstown?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

RoverJames and I should be doing each others lays as well as our own.

http://www.olbg.com/tipster/by_month.php?id=137229&sp=1

Could do quite well.

Cheers Derek :), had €5 on the forecast in the first, got €32.50 back off that, €10 on the winner in the 2nd (11/8) so got €23.75 back on that. Lost my bets in the next 4 races so finished up - €2.75 for the day. Biggest bet I had was €20 on the thing I mentioned in fancies for today, was a stinker that ran. Was good though, was the ole lad's present for Father's Day, two birds with the one stone sort of a thing obviously as I enjoyed it myself :pac:

Fav backers would have cleaned up, 5 from 7 were favs, one of them was 3/1, shortest was 8/11 I think. Quiet meeting though, most were there for the Bulmers Live carry on afterwards I'd say.

2.15 Chester Granny Mcphee 2.35 €6.00 to be placed and to win
    Granny Mcphee 5.5 €4.00.

e/w betting on shortish priced fancied yokes is the one of thequickest way to empty your pockets I know of. This lad however has solid credentials, won a o to 90 here over today's trip off 79, rated 80 today in this 0 to 80. Good ground will be fine too as he has won off slower than GF and Good.

Don't fancy the cat at all, won a 0 to 70 here off 68, up in class here and int he weights. Loser all over in my book.

• Advertisement

Don't fancy the cat at all, won a 0 to 70 here off 68, up in class here and int he weights. Loser all over in my book.

How wrong was I, good thing the price was prohibitive for a lay :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

A small price to pay for a good day out with your Dad I'd say ;)
    Goodluck today

Cheers again Derek, bringing him to the Open Meeting in Cheltenham in Nov for his Birthday (Biirthday is in August but he doesn't mind the wait) all going well.

................ anything in the ballpark of 3 for every 4 selections loosing and we'll be here a while hopefully.

mike65 wrote: »
    RoverJames and I should be doing each others lays as well as our own.

http://www.olbg.com/tipster/by_month.php?id=137229&sp=1

Could do quite well.

Well done Mike, your hit rate is better than I had hoped mine to be for lays only, tasty :)

2.30 Ascot Ritual 1.86 €5.0 laid for the place.

This lad is running off 90 for this, has it's work cut out amongst this lot, from the runs to date it's unsure as to what trip suits best, 5 or 6 f, so there's a slight question mark over that too. Not one to back in my view. Place price is quite skinny too in this.

2.40 York Theology 2.78 €5.00 backed tbp

Stays the trip, seems to have justified his mark of 104, hard not to back at this price for the place (4 of them on offer too of course)

2.50 Tahnee Mara 3.85 €5.00 laid

Was over in the motors forum hence the very late post ^^^^^
    On form couldn't fancy that one, almost one though, the power of a gamble (almost landed)

3.35 Newmarket Dream Ahead 9.4 €5.00 to win and to be placed Dream Ahead 3.75 €5.00

Odds make this a race where laying anything to win is too risky as the prices along with the betfair fat remove any semblance of value. Backing this one on the face of it is less than original, highest rated horse in the field, but of the 5 runs so far 3 were over 6f and those 3 were wins. Trip to suit, highest rating and perhaps a smidge of improvement may well have me smiling in 10 mins time.

I do think Delegator is better suited to longer trips despite winning decent races over 6f, however the win price is too big to lay and I can easily see him placed so no lays there. Place odds too skinny to back it too imo.

What a wonderful ride from Hayley :) Top drawer stuff.

3.45 Ascot Dick Turpin 3.5 €5.00 backed

Highest rated, I'm quite simply amazed he's not fav.

• Advertisement

4.00 Chester Bollin Judith 1.99 €10.00 backed tbp

I'm really sorry about the numerous non lays lately but it's often better to back than to lay depending on the odds etc. This one won a 0 to 90 16 runner HC off 75 lto on good, up 5 pounds for this 0 to 85 and off 80 one would be thinking that he has an awful lot to do at Chester. Over the years I have laid many Chester debutants to have learned that the ole Chester experience is not too huge a factor, and over 2m a few pounds isn't either in most cases as they won't be going fast enough for long enough.

4.20 Ascot All Action 4.8 €4.00 up a few pounds for placed efforts and I think he would prefer it softer than good, confident enough lay at the price.

8.05 Hamilton Thinking 3.95 €5.00 laid
    Off 62 in a 0 to 70, won a 0 to 65 off 57 lto, that was a class 6, this is a class 5, I have no doubt 8f suits as he finished his 7f races strongly and lto was 8f, I just think that this is a step up that he may not be up to with the 5lb rise.

8.25 Salisbury Oneiric 5.2 €4.00 backed to win

Not a race to lay anything in as the prices are all juicy, Dubai Glory is one I couldn't back even though the ground and trip is ideal, off this mark I think he'll struggle even in this company as there are no other candidates with a win over 12f to their name. Oneiric makes the HC debut here after a fairly impressive lto run over 12f.

8.40 Hamilton Boundless Spirit 2.3 €7.00 backed tbp

Topweight here off 65, ran to his rating off 67 in a 0 to 70 last time out, should run into a place here easily if firing on all cylinders.

8.55 Sal Belle Royale 2.98 €4.00 backed to be placed

I reckon the soft ground may not have been ideal lto, if so that was a great run, small place bet at a juicy price here.

+€64.86 today

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Brilliant stuff, a man on a mission! Keep it up mate.

x PyRo wrote: »
    Brilliant stuff, a man on a mission! Keep it up mate.

Many thanks :)
    Ye are a very encouraging bunch here :cool:

Regarding the mission, the book I was toying with writing was going to be entitled "150 to 1, €100 to €15,000" or something along those lines, fingers crossed, will probably loose my arse now tomorrow :pac:
    ........... Was playing with the idea of writing a book/diary but I'm no writer and even 10 lays take a bit to verbalise and the pain in the ass of keeping minutes etc took the joy out of it. ..............

• Advertisement

2.00 Stratford Smart Freddy 1.13 €5.00 laid to be placed.

No reason at all on actual form why this lad should struggle here, in fairness I haven't gone into a huge level of research. Logic is simply as follows, 7 runners, 2 to be placed, win price is 1.32/1.33, anything less than 1.16 to be placed is too short in my book. Happy to risk €0.65 :)

Advertisement