Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payment Provider for WordPress Membership Site + Recurring Payments

Options
  • 19-06-2011 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I'm developing a membership site with WordPress.

Members will pay one up front fee and a small recurring monthly payment.

The two main wordpress plugins seem to be : memberwing-x and wishlist. The site has been developed with Memberwing but it wouldnt be a massive deal to change that now at this point.

Both the above mentioned plugins support a variety of payment options - but most are geared for the US - and only few support recurring payments. The fact Im in Ireland means that all the good processors which I hoped to use (such as authorize.net) are unavailable.

Both plugins however integrate with PayPal, which allows recurring payments - but only for signed-up PayPal members.

I've got two questions:
    1. How many customers can I expect to lose if I go about forcing people to sign up to PayPal?
    2. Does anyone know of any alternative payment providers or wordpress plugins that can solve my problem?

Any help appreciated,
    Brian

Advertisement