Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tall Ships Road CLosed

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Just checked the Tall Ships brochure - says fireworks displays are at 10:45pm each night. Considering the fireworks are over at about 11:15pm and it might take anwhere between 30-60 minutes to walk back to a park & ride site. I wouldn't like to be doing that myself at the end of a long day spent mostly standing up and walking around, never mind walking that distance with kids.

That is a very big fcuk up and could easily be avoided by running buses for until 11:45pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭DjBryn

I hope people know about this craic and don't get stranded with buggies. Or old relatives waiting for buses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

I'm just wondering if a bus at 11pm will be practical if there are thousands walking back to the car parks.

If anything demonstrates Waterford's need for a monorail this does.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Am I right in saying that the last time they were in town, the bridge was open to traffic early in the morning? (ie before 7.30ish)
    The bridge will be open from 2am through to 7am on each morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

Aquos76 wrote: »
    The bridge will be open from 2am through to 7am on each morning.
    and whos that benefittin?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Hoffmans wrote: »
    and whos that benefittin?

You'd be surprised how many people are heading to work at that hour so it does benefit some people :)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭DjBryn

Question how would they get home from work, unless they work a 19hr day of course?

theres always the TOLL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

does anybody know if hackney's are allowed access durin the weekend? or would i have had to acquire a special permit a few weeks back.....:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Is the dual cabbageway in ferrybank open to cars going to the train station at all?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

cabbageway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

No the dual carriage way is closed from below the Spar. Its taxis and hackneys and buses only after that.

I can see alot of people dumping the cars in Ferrybank and further out the R711 to avoid the park and ride charges and the walk back.

Lovely. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    No the dual carriage way is closed from below the Spar. Its taxis and hackneys and buses only after that.

I can see alot of people dumping the cars in Ferrybank and further out the R711 to avoid the park and ride charges and the walk back.

Lovely. :(

I have a green permit for the car for Tall Ships - does that not let me down dual carraigeway and across the bridge or what is the benefit of having it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

Elbows22 wrote: »
    I have a green permit for the car for Tall Ships - does that not let me down dual carraigeway and across the bridge or what is the benefit of having it?

As far as I know the permit will allow you cross the cordon in effect around the city, but some roads (including the bridge) are closed to traffic - even witha permit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

WHEN ARE THE ROADS CLOSING FOR THIS..NEED TO KNOW ASAP!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

pudzey101 wrote: »
    WHEN ARE THE ROADS CLOSING FOR THIS..NEED TO KNOW ASAP!!!

On the tall ships website it just says they'll be closed for the duration of the event - which starts at around noon tomorrow, but its very possible that the roads will close before that.

This map shows what roads will be closed, hopefully someone else might have more info on when...

0000HRS TODAY THATS ROUND A HR AGO ALL CLOSED

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

The road restrictions seem to be all in place. Up to 7.40am cars can drive to the train station but they have the road laid out differently so be careful.

Woeful planning around the train station in general. A bus stopped on the roundabout this morning to let passengers out. People driving the wrong way around the roundabout.

Both inbound and outbound traffic are using the outbound lane of the dual carriageway and this arrangement hasn't been signposted so it's confusing for drivers on the dual carriageway and anyone coming onto the dual carriageway because on the approach you may see only inbound traffic and think there is no outbound lane.

Hopefully these problems will be ironed out quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Ellie1984

So yeah, rice bridge was opened until 8 this morning...wondering if it'll be the same tomorrow...:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

The main cordon is for thur/fri/sat anyone know if the quays will be open to traffic on Sunday afternoon.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

danjo-xx wrote: »
    The main cordon is for thur/fri/sat anyone know if the quays will be open to traffic on Sunday afternoon.

Well the main car park on the quay, the one opposite fieldmaster has a sign up saying that the car par will re-open at 12pm on Sunday, so I'd imagine the quays will be open to traffic.

anyone needs permits just pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

Just wondering will all the roads be back open again tomorrow or are they closed up to a certain time?? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

They are open but all the signs are still up saying they are closed, even the sign on the Tramore rd saying the bridge is closed. Had a call form very confused relatives today trying to get back to Dublin wondering why I gave them the wrong information.

Advertisement