Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheaper airport parking

Options
  • 19-06-2011 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭

I usually use quickpark at Dublin airport but noticed this deal today while checking on an incoming flight.

DAA red carpark buy a week, get a week free !

I got quoted €55 for two weeks starting 19th July.

Thats much cheaper than I normally pay and cheaper than a taxi from my house.

Should be useful for someone. Available online today but it doesnt say for how long.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

I usually use quickpark at Dublin airport but noticed this deal today while checking on an incoming flight.

Should be useful for someone. Available online today but it doesnt say for how long.

I tried to book for 2 1/2 weeks and was charge full rate, I thought I would get 1 free week and charge for the other 1 1/2

Does anyone know what happens if I book for 2 weeks but stay 4 extra days??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭pissed

Thanks OP, just booked two weeks in July for €55 and also received a €10 shopping voucher for DAA's shopping area valid on purchases of €50 or more.

Same dates with quickpark were costing me €98.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

not very helpful the DAA website.. it says terms and conditions apply but mentions them nowhere. I played around with a few dates and it appears the promotion ends on 30th september as any dates after that charge full price. also yes it is for 2 weeks if you go under or over by one day then they charge the full price...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭emy

Just booked in July two weeks for €55. It worked. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

Bit crap that you cant book @ that price for more than two weeks. We're going for 16 days so I presume they will charge you full daily rate for days not
    pre paid for.

Edit: just got that confirmed with DAA. Deal is €55 for 15 days and any stay over will be charged daily rate @ 9.50. Cheers again OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭dos30

I'm in the same boat, going for 15 days and getting charged full rate.

If I booked for 14 days @ €55, on departure will I just be charged €7.50 for the extra day?

dos30 wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat, going for 15 days and getting charged full rate.

If I booked for 14 days @ €55, on departure will I just be charged €7.50 for the extra day?

I just edited my post above... yep they'll just charge the daily rate for the overstay. Great deal!

I just edited my post above... yep they'll just charge the daily rate for the overstay. Great deal!

I sent a mail about it, the answer was
    Dear Sir/Madam

You will be charged the gate rate of €9.50 per day for the extra days.

Looks like the €7.50 is only for online bookings.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Damn so it's not a bargain then unless you stick rigidly to the two weeks :(

• Advertisement

nava wrote: »
    I sent a mail about it, the answer was

Looks like the €7.50 is only for online bookings.

Yep sorry its the 9.50 'gate' price for the overstay as I say above. Still its €53.50 cheaper which I'd rather in my pocket. Would have been €127.50 otherwise or €119 with quickpark down the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭macman2010

tried booking it for 9 days and was charged full price.
    when i put in 2 weeks exactly it gave me the deal.
    they are certainly not making it easy to book the offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

macman2010 wrote: »
    tried booking it for 9 days and was charged full price.
    when i put in 2 weeks exactly it gave me the deal.
    they are certainly not making it easy to book the offer.

the thing to do there is to actually book 2 weeks instead of 9 days... you can then get the offer but leave after the 9 days.... bet they never told you that..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Waheeeeey, for a while there, I was thinking nobody was interested. Then the thread came alive.

I was also looking for cheap multitrip travel insurance for the family and I, and stumbled across this. Its kids free in a family policy. So it drops from €95, down to €69.

You must be a member of VHI but its just saved me another 30 euro.

HOHOHO

• Registered Users Posts: 47 JudgeRoyBean

Does anyone know how the camera car reg recognition system works? I'm going away for just over three weeks and if I book for two x 2 week stints, but leave in the middle of the second 2 weeks I could save a fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,399 ✭✭✭fletch

Is your credit card charged straight away or once you arrive to park?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Thanks a million for that, OP. It was going to cost me €70 to book the carpark for 10 days, but I extended my parking time by another 4 days and saved €20!
    fletch wrote: »
    Is your credit card charged straight away or once you arrive to park?

When you arrive at the carpark barrier, you press a button for a ticket and the barrier lifts. On your return, you place the ticket in one of the payment machines just outside the arrivals building prior to collecting your car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

slave1 wrote: »

Well worth considering! I'm only going away for 7 days and saved a fortune - €35 as opposed to €49!

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭MaryK666

Thanks superscouse.

I had booked 10 days in August for 75 Euro. Just cancelled the booking and booked in for two weeks instead and got it for 50 Euro and I can just leave early.

Happy days!

kelle wrote: »
    Thanks a million for that, OP. It was going to cost me €70 to book the carpark for 10 days, but I extended my parking time by another 4 days and saved €20!

When you arrive at the carpark barrier, you press a button for a ticket and the barrier lifts. On your return, you place the ticket in one of the payment machines just outside the arrivals building prior to collecting your car.

I got different instructions with my email. Said to go to barrier and it should lift automatically from registration recognition and it the barrier fails to lift to insert my creditcard in slot at barrieras the credit card is a link to the booking. If those two dont work to press the button at barrier for assistance. Same instructions for exiting.

Just checked my Visa online and it hasnt appeared yet but its a bit early as I only booked yesterday morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

pissed wrote: »
    I got different instructions with my email. Said to go to barrier and it should lift automatically from registration recognition and it the barrier fails to lift to insert my creditcard in slot at barrieras the credit card is a link to the booking. If those two dont work to press the button at barrier for assistance. Same instructions for exiting.

Just checked my Visa online and it hasnt appeared yet but its a bit early as I only booked yesterday morning.
    Sorry, I thought that poster was just asking about parking without having pre-booked the ticket!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭ryant1981

I just tried to enter 2 weeks in November but get a quote for €105

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭freshfruit

thanks for the tip. Just booked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Just booked 2 weeks in september for €50. Thanks OP :)

Checked my visa and it was debited for the €55 so your card is charged now.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Bozacke

I get it now, you have to book exactly 2 weeks to get the discount. I'm going for 2-1/2 weeks and when you enter more than 2 weeks, you don't get a discount. You have to enter exactly 2 weeks and then when you exit, you pay for the extra days. How dumb is that, they won't give you any discount if you plan to go for more the 2 weeks. I'll be gone for 19 days, so I'll need to book for only two weeks and then pay the extra 5 days when I'm leaving. So it should work out to €50 plus €7.50 x 5 days for a total of €87.50, which is the exact same as Airside. I may go with Airside, since I don't trust the DAA and they could try and void the discount if you go over the two weeks!!

Bozacke wrote: »
    So it should work out to €50 plus €7.50 x 5 days for a total of €87.50, which is the exact same as Airside. I may go with Airside, since I don't trust the DAA and they could try and void the discount if you go over the two weeks!!

The price is €9.50 for the extra days. the €7.50 per day is only for online bookings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

Thanks a million! Saved me €20. But I paid €50 not €55 like you stated!

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

Just booked 2 weeks in August but due to arrival times it was 15 days, still cost. €55. Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Im delighted people are saving a few quid.

Advertisement