Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheaper airport parking

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

just booked 15 days for the price of 8... excellent saving...

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

Thanks a million for this we only parking for 10 nights which was €97 but with putting in the 2 weeks it was only € 55. I presume there won't be a penalty for exiting before the 14 days are up.

Thanks again OP:)

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Babyblessed

Wish Cork was doing the same thing.... €49 per week and we are going for 16 days.... €9.50 for additional days!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Bozacke

nava wrote: »
    The price is €9.50 for the extra days. the €7.50 per day is only for online bookings.

Thanks for that! I hadn't spotted that, now makes the DAA more expensive than Airside and that's after learning that Airside actually charges €1 each way for the transfer bus. Typically DAA, bad enough their special isn't on the usual less expensive option but then they get you if you have any extra days. The opposite of logic, where the discount should increase with volume, certainly not decrease. I guess the DAA need to continue fund their huge bonuses, even though they are a state body of a country on the verge of bankruptcy.

Has anyone used Airside, any feedback?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭biebiebie

noah45 wrote: »
    Thanks a million for this we only parking for 10 nights which was €97 but with putting in the 2 weeks it was only € 55. I presume there won't be a penalty for exiting before the 14 days are up.

Thanks again OP:)

Similar situation here. I emailed the DAA about leaving early and they said no problem. Happy days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭coxy123

Wish Cork was doing the same thing.... €49 per week and we are going for 16 days.... €9.50 for additional days!

Going to use http://www.corkairparkservices.ie/ - at least you get the car cleaned while it's there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Colin4May

I'm going to be doing a few trips between Manchester and Dublin in the next few months, and have been looking at car parking options, both at Manchester and at Dublin (I have a friend in Dublin who may be loaning me her car while I'm there).

I don't want to pay topo much, but have had some bad experiences of car parking in the past (car broken into, barriers failed to work and attendant on a lunch break etc), so I was attracted when I saw this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcUbF8wLEAM I am going to try it out, and just wondered if something similar is used at Dublin, or if anyone else has come across this sytem?

I do like the simplicity of the card that you use to buy your air ticket also opens the car parking barrier.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Blanchguy

The DAA car parks at Dublin airport have this system - if your parking is pre booked they use licence plate recognition to recognise your car, if this doesn't work you use the credit card you booked with. I think you can also insert your credit or laser card instead of pulling a ticket if you haven't pre booked. You then use the same card to exit. Don't think it reduces the chances of the barriers not working though!

I thought it was quite revolutionary... just goes to show! I need to get out more!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭john.martin

I have noticed that most people on this form that have availed of this offer have paid €55 - i have just availed and i put i the same time of entrance as the departure two weeks later and instead of €55 i paid €50...

• Advertisement

Well, even 5 euros saving is worth it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 eldiablo15

Be careful who you book with. I booked for parking whilst booking my flight. Everything was charged upfront and now I don't need the parking. Company says contact the air line for refund, airline says no refund possible. Probably my fault for not reading the T&C fully, but they didn't even alert me that the car park was not even in Dublin airport!:(

That's poor!!

Advertisement