Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BIMM

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 HayleyOLeary

@Brendie123

cool :)
    any ideas where?
    i'd like to live up there but i wouldn't have a clue where to start looking for places :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Anyone else do their audition in July and not hear back yet?
    I did mind on the 14th, still haven't heard anything from them, I presume though that even if I didn't get in they would still get back to me and tell me...?
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Macano31

I auditioned on the 14th of July as well I didn't hear anything back either. Glad I'm not the only one. Still hoping .....maybe next week

• Registered Users Posts: 9 colleenyx

@ Brendie123 - yeah i'd be interested. Where did you have in mind? I've another friend who got into vocals interested too.
    @ HayleyOLeary - did you decide what you're going to do ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 HayleyOLeary

@colleenyx i'm going to travel up and back for the first few months till i'm able to drive and then start looking for places to live :)
    what course are you doing? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Zeppelin67

rhythm90 wrote: »
    Got in myself to study drums and percussion!

Unless you're a mature student you won't know you've been given a place until the leaving cert results. Its a university degree so it's not the same as ballyfermet courses.

Most music degrees have high points, 420 and up. There are only 20 places available in each stream as well at the moment, unless they allow more than 100 people into the course so judging by that i'd say the points will be high.

Anyone else do their audition in July and not hear back yet?
    I did mind on the 14th, still haven't heard anything from them, I presume though that even if I didn't get in they would still get back to me and tell me...?
    :confused:

A mate of mine did his audition back on June 25th and he still hasn't heard back from them.

Zeppelin67 wrote: »
    rhythm90 wrote: »
    Got in myself to study drums and percussion!

Unless you're a mature student you won't know you've been given a place until the leaving cert results. Its a university degree so it's not the same as ballyfermet courses.

Most music degrees have high points, 420 and up. There are only 20 places available in each stream as well at the moment, unless they allow more than 100 people into the course so judging by that i'd say the points will be high.

hi
    I find the system confusing the site says everyone must go through the CAO system so I was puzzled by posters on here that have confirmed places.
    Also at the presentation I thought they said they hoped to let us know on early August Did I hear wrong?
    I was hoping that as the course was new and not in the CAO book it might be easier to get in the first year!
    I wonder have they had a lot of applications?

They've passed their assessment's but still won't be offered a place unless they get the points. If they are a mature student (over 23) they will get offered a place purely on their assessment alone.

Apparently they've had around 4000 thousand applicants but that's not possible when you look at the amount of assessment day's they've held and the number of people there each time (roughly 50 to 60).

Maybe 4,000 applied but based on the application forms limited the auditions to 300-400 ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 PJFan

Hows it going guys
    I passed my audition a few months back aswell though have no idea how to go about accommodation, I looked into Griffith Halls though I heard they're no craic. Would anyone be interested in sharing digs??Im a nordie so dont really no too much about Dublin though Ive heard Rathmines/Christchurch is worth a look at??

Macano31 wrote: »
    Maybe 4,000 applied but based on the application forms limited the auditions to 300-400 ?

I'd say that's what they did, although i haven't heard of anyone not being offered an interview after the application.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bunny.

heyy everyone i got in to do vocals so i'll be joining you all this year :) i'm staying in the broadstone hall student apartments on phisboro road, they're really close to the college and they're lovely, a bit pricey but i think they're perfect if anyone wants to have a look. does anyone know what date we start the degree?

How do you know you've got a place for certain until the points of the course are released?

because i did my leaving cert last year so i know my points already and they've given me a place on that basis. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Fatgoogle

PJFan wrote: »
    Hows it going guys
    I passed my audition a few months back aswell though have no idea how to go about accommodation, I looked into Griffith Halls though I heard they're no craic. Would anyone be interested in sharing digs??Im a nordie so dont really no too much about Dublin though Ive heard Rathmines/Christchurch is worth a look at??

Im still looking for place. Theres a few around rathmines. If 3 people could be found.

@Zepplin67 - I got 400 points last Wednesday for the leaving, and mailed Dara to see what the story was with points. They said once you meet the minimum requirements this year you're in. :P

Congrats on the points.. I guess we'll all find out tomorrow at 6am!

Good luck everyone. Got 435 so hoping it will be enough.

Also if any one is looking for accommodation, if i do get it on Monday im going up to start looking. So if anyone is looking to share a flat or something give me a shout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Drum.lad

Just woke up and checked..I'm in :) now I gotta find somewhere to live anyone know anywhere I'm new to Dublin

Congrats, I got in aswell. Chuffed. Ive been looking at rathmines, harolds cross as there in walking distance or possible griffith college.

Congrats what you play? Im looking for somewhere within walking distance..

Cool, im a bassist myself. You?

Rathmines etc is close enough to walk, my sister goes to NCAD and lives in rathmines and walks. Francis street is only about 5 mins from ncad so well walkable.

Really looking for a flat myself, just because it will be less strict i reckon and maybe a tad more room for an amp. :D

I'm a drummer..ya the private student housing looks to strict to stay in

Cant believe i didnt see that. Not like your user-name didnt give it away. :D

Ya it Is a bit of a giveaway...you have any more info on what's going on like when does the course start etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭seanypants

hey im also going too bimm ...well hopefully ,.. i have got the letter saying i was accepted and got the email about were the college is and when i start and all that , but my cao said i got no offers ... what is the minimum requirements for the course , is it just two hc3's ... or is it 2 hc3's and 3 ordinary passes
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭seanypants

hey im also going too bimm ...well hopefully ,.. i have got the letter saying i was accepted and got the email about were the college is and when i start and all that , but my cao said i got no offers ... what is the minimum requirements for the course , is it just two hc3's ... or is it 2 hc3's and 3 ordinary passes
    thanks

• Advertisement

Drum.lad I got an email saying the enrolment week starts the 19th of september, induction week starts the 26th and lectures start on the 3rd of october. So I reckon we'll have to be there full time from the 26th :)

and
    seanypants the points for the course are 305. Get on to Dara though because I think she's been telling people different things about how to get in :/ some people were told points mattered and others were told they didn't. The website says 'Leaving Certificate in six subjects, two of which must be at grade C3 or higher on higher level papers or an equivalent qualification.'

Advertisement