Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BIMM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭seanypants

yeah i dono what to believe any more haha , iv emailed dara twice but iv got no reply , how long did u have to wait till you got a reply ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bunny.

took about a week and a half to hear back, i was tryin to find out what date we start because my landlord was gonna give up my house if she didn't find out quickly! maybe try the english number that's on the site, although i rang them looking for course dates and they hadn't a clue :/

yeah iv sent dara like 2 emails in the space of the pas 3 days and i just sent another one ..ha im really gettin nervous as to weather i got in .. like i got the letter saying i was accepted and i got that email u got about the dates and fee's and all that ..

yep tis mega frustrating! they should really have an irish number :/

anyone else living in broadstone halls?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 chimpvancleef

Going to BIMM myself. Need accommodation. Anyone looking to share? Playing guitar.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Can someone maybe copy and paste the email with the dates & info? I got in and accepted it on the CAO, but I haven't heard anything about registration, when the course starts, dates etc - and I've heard that DIT are notoriously bad about informing their students of what's going on, although I'm not sure how much involvement DIT have in the implementation of the course itself so maybe that doesn't make any difference? As all the communication has been with BIMM themselves it feels more like DIT just sponsor the course rather than actually running it, so maybe we won't get hit with the infamous DIT wall of silence :D

'ACCOMODATION:

Although we do not have any student accommodation on our Francis Street campus, all BIMM Dublin students are registered with our education partners DIT and therefore can avail of the Student Services which they provide. DIT do not have any accommodation on their campuses either, but they have block booked suitable student accommodation with external providers for 2011/2012. Griffith Hall and The Herberton are located quite near Francis Street so might be good options.

Here is the link to the accommodation information on the DIT website:

http://www.dit.ie/campuslife/studentsupport/accommodation/

TERM TIMES:

Enrolment Week commences the 19th of September, Induction week is from the 26th of September and Lectures commence on the 3rd of October and are finished by the 4th of June 2012.'

If anyones looking for accomm I know someone that lived in Griffith Halls last year and she said its really really strict, no parties allowed whatsoever and no guests staying over plus its pretty pricey... Think the best option would be to get a house along with someone that will work out at round €100 a week it seems... Other than that there's campus style accomm round the city, the cheapest I found were the Gateway Village apartments on Ballymun Road at €99 a week but they're a good bus ride away... Hope that helps someone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Fatgoogle

Ive signed on to griffith college but havent sent the deposit yet. Somewhere cheaper would be nicer though. But in walking distance. I dont want to have to be paying to travel to college. Whats everyone else doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Zeppelin67

seanypants wrote: »
    hey im also going too bimm ...well hopefully ,.. i have got the letter saying i was accepted and got the email about were the college is and when i start and all that , but my cao said i got no offers ... what is the minimum requirements for the course , is it just two hc3's ... or is it 2 hc3's and 3 ordinary passes
    thanks

Did Dara get back to you yet? This is really bad form, it all seems a bit up in the air and no one seems sure of whats going on. When i went for the interview they really didn't know how the Irish system works at all. DIT do seem to be sponsoring the course and not making sure its ran to a high standard. Surely there's should be more than Dara dealing with these problems as well, there's no way she can get back to everyone. Im going to ring DIT and see what the deal is because this whole set up is very unprofessional.

Bunny- I thought Gateway Village was way out beside DCU, that would be a long commute in Francis Street.

• Advertisement

yep its about a 20 min bus journey but for anyone looking to save a bit of money its grand, i wouldn't mind the journey as most other accomm will probs be a 10 or 15 min walk anyways :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 PJFan

Fatgoogle wrote: »
    Ive signed on to griffith college but havent sent the deposit yet. Somewhere cheaper would be nicer though. But in walking distance. I dont want to have to be paying to travel to college. Whats everyone else doing.

Im in the exact same position I've signed to Griffith as well though haven't paid up yet. Im still interested in looking for private accommodation if we could find 3 people to meet up and go house hunting sometime over the next few days if anyone has any ideas??

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭rhythm90

Myself (a guy) and a friend (a girl) are both going to BIMM and currently looking at 2 bed apartments in the Dublin 8 area... for handiness sake with it being adjacent to Francis St. / The Coombe. If anybody is perhaps short two housemates to fill two seperate rooms we might be interested? Max budget around €380 each p/m.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Sineaderz

rhythm90 wrote: »
    Myself (a guy) and a friend (a girl) are both going to BIMM and currently looking at 2 bed apartments in the Dublin 8 area... for handiness sake with it being adjacent to Francis St. / The Coombe. If anybody is perhaps short two housemates to fill two seperate rooms we might be interested? Max budget around €380 each p/m.
    Hey, I'm currently short about 4 housemates and a house!! :P we decided to split up to make it easier to find somewhere, but one of us was going to dun laoighre and 2 of us were going to bimm, so it ended up just me and my friend looking for 2 bed places then yesterday he found out that he couldn't get his grant so now he can't go to college :( so I'm not sure what to do really! ...If you guys would be up for looking at 3 beds in the city give me a shout.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DanTheMan90

Hi, going to Bimm aswell doing the guitar course i've found an appartment on Francis st. and im looking for two other people to share with anybody interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 DH90

Got in myself for guitar. I want to send thanks to Brendie123 for the helpful advice before the audition & sorry for only getting back to ya now!;)

I'd just like to put myself out there as the recording type, so if anyone has any interest in hanging about doing a bit of recording work together or whatever, I've a home set up to record guitars, bass, vocals (nothing too professional but it does me well) & sorry, no drums!:( (too expensive!!! I'm a samples man when it comes to drums). Based in Leixlip! Would love to collaborate with some vocalists on my own stuff too (rock influenced).:cool:

That sounds like fun, I'm a singer :P

Hey iv also got accepted into bimm ... but I failed French .. so I didn't get my points ... it sucks !!!, but anyways .. I'm just wondering if there's ay drummers or bass players looking to join a band , I'm doing the diploma course in bimm and Im looking to get something serious off the ground .. I'm a guitarist and I found a great singer .. his 1st instrument is piano and he also plays guitar .. he's also a great front man ... if any one is interested let me know , we have about 6 good strong originals so fare that we are happy with . If any body wants the links to the songs ill link them on too yea
    Thanks .

Oh . We are based in the Dublin area

Does anyone know if we really have to go to that networking event tmw evening in the Mercantile??

I wouldn't say so, but I can't say for certain. It's just an ice-breaker with the students. Might as well go for a few pints and the craic! :D

• Advertisement

Ah right, cool! I'm coming up from Wexford though so it'd be a bit awkward :/

Hmmm true that! From the 'Ford but have accommodation.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Phazer

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow at enrolment! Its time to put some faces to these (user)names :D I'll be the lad with blond hair haha

• Registered Users Posts: 11 greatbuzzman

Hey, just came across this thread now! I'm thinking about going to BIMM, just wondering what the college life is like? And what the courses are like? Are they difficult or what, and of course what the craic and banter is like :D

Digging up an old thread here but yeah, I'm attending BIMM right now. What instrument do you play? College life is as it usually is I guess, although the hours are only around 11 a week so more free time is available then most other courses. However, expect to have to work a fair bit outside of College. You'll get far more out of this course the more you put into it, as cliché as that may sound.

Digging up an old thread here but yeah, I'm attending BIMM right now. What instrument do you play? College life is as it usually is I guess, although the hours are only around 11 a week so more free time is available then most other courses. However, expect to have to work a fair bit outside of College. You'll get far more out of this course the more you put into it, as cliché as that may sound.

Thanks a million, sounds great! I'm looking into doing the vocals or songwriting courses, that'd be class.. What course do you do? So there's still the general college banter and whatnot? :)

I do guitar myself. Yeah, there should be plenty of "general college banter", particularly if you're intending on doing the vocal or songwriting course I think! ;) Get in touch and get your audition date sorted and best of luck!

Yeah I will do! Thanks! Haha deadly.. And what are the lectures and all that like? And are the other people in the course good craic? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

Hi folks,

Just wanted to share the BIMM Youtube. Theres a few bits on there about the course.

http://www.youtube.com/bimmdublintv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 13whatsername

Hi,
    I was just wondering does anyone have an idea when we should expect to hear back about audition results?

Advertisement