Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BIMM

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Wastelander

hey my cousin is doing the vocals course and he said it should be around june? myself and a few people i know auditioned this so were all waiting to hear back.fingers crossed. what stream did you apply for?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 13whatsername

hey my cousin is doing the vocals course and he said it should be around june? myself and a few people i know auditioned this so were all waiting to hear back.fingers crossed. what stream did you apply for?

thanks! I've applied for songwriting, what about you? Good luck anyway =)

yeah same here.i played 2 originals for Ollie on the day n just had a chat about my musical background.was grand.how did you get on in the audition?

Pretty much the same. Think it went pretty well, no major screw ups anyway haha he seemed lovely!
    How dya think it went for you?

ah yeah he's a sound lad.i was pretty nervy at the start, but then i settled into it.don't think i screwed up. i did play a brand new song which i haddnt rehearsed 100% but i thought it was good enough over other songs i had ready.i had a nasty cold at the time, which didn't help haha. what kinda stuff do you play? i went in with just meself and the guitar.

• Advertisement

Same, I was sure I was gonna throw up for hours beforehand haha I did the same with a new song! Had ones prepared for ages before but wrote that and thought it'd give me a better chance. Had just the guitar and me also, play a mix of stuff really, d'know how you'd describe it haha what about you?

thats class.i love when you get that feeling from a song.the two songs i played were fairly different from each other.one was an older song i used to play with a band I was in a few years back.i just refined it. then the new one is kinda 'bluesy'? haha im gonna have a rough recording of em soon, sure if you wanna have listen, i'll link you the soundcloud? :)

My first one was the same! One I used to play with a band a couple years ago, just changed it a little to be alright acoustic and second was slower, more finger picking and all. Yeah, would be cool to hear them, thanks =)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 caz2580

Hi I was just wondering has anyone heard back yet from the 2012 auditions? I auditioned back in March and I have no idea when we're supposed to hear by.

Wastelander said earlier it should be about June, someone I know i think said that too, I haven't heard back either anyway, I did my audition mid-April but I'm assuming we'll all hear back the same time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭eric90000

hey, I've applied for the songwriting stream degree this year in BIMM. did my audition back in April, just got an email today saying I passed the audition and I am eligible for a place on the course. it says they have many more musicians that passed the auditions than they have places though......I've already done my leaving cert and I meet the entry requirements. don't really know what the story is though, I'm guessing there's still a chance i wont get it in CAO?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 CoCampbell

Hey, I just got the email today that said i was excepted for vocals, does anyone know if you can defer the course for a year or two ?

CoCampbell wrote: »
    Hey, I just got the email today that said i was excepted for vocals, does anyone know if you can defer the course for a year or two ?

are you a mature student if it said you got accepted, or did you pass the audition and have to wait til CAO? id say give them a call and ask, they're fairly helpful!

No Im Only After Turning 17 which is one of the reasons why i want to defer it , thanks a mill anyways (:

No Im Only After Turning 17 which is one of the reasons why i want to defer it , thanks a mill anyways (:

no bother. did ur email say u got a place on the course? or that you passed the audition?

Passed the audition !

Passed the audition !

cool me too! fingers crossed we both get a place anyway, i understand the demand was pretty high compared to last year!

eric90000 wrote: »
    cool me too! fingers crossed we both get a place anyway, i understand the demand was pretty high compared to last year!

Good Luck ! What did you go for in it ? Yeah My Brother is already in it and he said the talent is Crazy !

Good Luck ! What did you go for in it ? Yeah My Brother is already in it and he said the talent is Crazy !

went for the songwriting stream! yeah the drummer in my band is in since last year, he said its unreal. they said we shud get an email with more details about our audition and CAO process before the end of June, so that should give us a better idea anyway.

eric90000 wrote: »
    went for the songwriting stream! yeah the drummer in my band is in since last year, he said its unreal. they said we shud get an email with more details about our audition and CAO process before the end of June, so that should give us a better idea anyway.

Awh deadly ! thanks anyways for the help (=

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭WilhelmFink

Hey lads, I passed too! Deelighted, wasn't expecting to :D

Though the competition will be fierce this time, I think! I know 5 of my friends who have passed... out of 6 who went. It's all down to the CAO now :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Did many audition this year?

flyswatter wrote: »

one of the lads in the course already told me he heard it was something like 8 people applied for every 1 place on the course...****e!

I was talking to Aoife & she said over 700 have applied...

So thats.... (*complex calculations*)

5 people competing for 1 place.

Yikes :pac:

I was talking to Aoife & she said over 700 have applied...

So thats.... (*complex calculations*)

5 people competing for 1 place.

Yikes :pac:

700's actually way less than I thought had!
    Plus, not all of them would have passed...
    Yeah, I think I'm just not letting myself think about not getting in haha
    Places for ALL who passed the audition(?)!!! :D
    fingers crossed regardless, hopefully see yis all in a few months haha

how did everyone get on!? I got offered a place this morning! delighted! 130 points increase compared to last last year, crazy!! I would say there's a fair few people who deserved a place but didn't get one due to the points increase...which is a bit unfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Niamh_Kav

Hey guys! Sorry to be bringing up an old thread! If you dont mind me asking did ye have to get over 400 in the leaving cert to get into the course? And were ye told the points ye were awarded for ye're auditions?

Thaaaanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 antoshov

Niamh_Kav the whole points thing is not all completely clear, I've applied for the BA for this year too and an experienced friend of mine reckons you'll get whatever points from the LC, and then they'll add on up to 100 depending on how well your audition was :)

antoshov wrote: »
    Niamh_Kav the whole points thing is not all completely clear, I've applied for the BA for this year too and an experienced friend of mine reckons you'll get whatever points from the LC, and then they'll add on up to 100 depending on how well your audition was :)

It's 600 for the audition this year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 antoshov

Are you sure? I saw the 600 mentioned on the website but I sorta dismissed it when I heard them say 100, so I don't really know at all now.

Advertisement