Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another breast tumour

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Delighted for you & Pearl DD :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Thanks. She is now totally back to her old self - paws on the shoulders & a snog within seconds of arriving home. But today I discovered that a wonderful Vet nurse, at the practice treating Pearl, has been reading this thread :eek:.

So my persona as a cool calm dog owner has been destroyed & I have been revealed as a total softy who was out his mind with worry over what now appears to be a phantom pregnancy :o.

But as she is really is so sweet she might refrain from blowing my cover to her boss ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Ditch

DiscoDog; I've been following this thread. I tend to read more than comment, in here.

Don't Ever try to adopt a persona, around ye Dogs, in 'public'.

One of the best Vet's I ever knew ~ Les' Lowe, in england ~ wanting to examine my Pit Bull's foot, whilst he was up for none of it, told me:

" Get hold of him and hold him still. " So, I 'politely' gripped his harness as he lunged and generally issued death threats.

" No. " She said; " Get on the floor and wrestle that bugger! " (She knew her sh!t! :D) Game on then! I just dropped all pretence and man handled my Dog into a grip, right there on the surgery floor, while she got a look at his foot.

Another time / Dog / Vet; I slung my pup into a cage ~ the pup who'd slept inside my shirt or otherwise on my chest, every day from eight weeks ~ and called, " Shuuduuup! " over my shoulder, as I abandoned him in this strange place.

I expected to be picking him up again in a couple of hours time.

He died, days later. They wouldn't let me come up to see him. All he ever knew is that his Dad has stuffed him into a cage and walked away with out looking back. " Shuuduuup! ".

That was a decade ago. I'm in f**king tears as I type this.

Don't ever try to be the hard man around ye beloved Dogs.

Advertisement