Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what toppings do you put on homemade burgers??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Turkey burger, bacon, cheese, raw onions, nom.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Hill Billy wrote: »
    Gherkins, raw onions, cheddar & tomato ketchup.
    and mustard and mayo!

always toast the buns and put the cheese on the burger so it goes all melty:pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

A slice of parma ham was one of my best accidental discoveries as regards burger toppings.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

lean-medium fat% beef, finley minced if possible. Fry up some onions in butter, mix the mince, tomato pure, salt to taste, ground peper, mix up some herbs + add a little olive oil. You also have the option to use egg or flour but if there is enough fat there it wont fall apart, for those who enjoy a kick dice up a chilli or two. Shape up decent size burgers and leave on tray to cool. Charcoal grill, when the coals are gray get your burgers on, cooking slowly, turned once/twice max if it can be helped. Eaten in a toaster bun, and they don't need anything else added, IMO of course:cool:

When i worked in the butchers we used to make some great burgers from very high quality steak at robbery prices, had all the seasoning you could imagine, used to mix full pepercorns and other herbs into the mince, then process it all again through the grinder , then shape perfect burgers out and home with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Faith wrote: »
    Ideally, cheese (processed stuff - can't beat it on a burger!), ketchup, coleslaw, tomato, lettuce and fried onions. Maybe a bit of mustard. YUM!

There are the best toppings for a burger - love having them on a burger with homemade chips.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,455 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Had a burger stand the other weekend for the Dalkey book festival where the toppings were
    1. Rosemary and Cashel Blue cheese
    2. Goats cheese and Marjoram
    3. Cheddar and pickles
    4. Bacon and Avacado

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

Chopped lettuce and dill relish together in bowl, add mayo and squirt lemon- mix up, put cheeseburger on grilled bun top with thinly sliced onion add some of your lettuce/mayo dressing and bun top. Eat with thick chocolate milkshake. (darn I have made myself hungry now. )

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭popzmaster

cheese bacon egg onion tomato and most importantly mushrooms i love me shrooms i do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

OOh that's a good combination. I love mushrooms too - sometimes with thin beef sauce that mushrooms have been warmed up in clinging to them and very good with slice of melted Swiss cheese.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Raw onions & pickled jalapeno slices mixed with Frank's Red Hot sauce on top of the burger, loads of really mature cheddar on that, then back under the grill for about 30 seconds.

I want one right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Beetroot. Trust me.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Darkginger

1 tbs tomato puree mixed with 1 tsp tomato ketchup, half a small, finely chopped onion, a pinch of salt and a large pinch of cayenne pepper. Enough for 2 or 3 burgers. Yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

It has got to be blue cheese. I'd skip the bun, but would have some good-quality chips with it.

Bacon & avocado are nice with burgers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Guacomale on a burger is fab.

Else melted cheese, bacon, pickle, ketchup and mayo. Food of the gods.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭SlimCi

Cheese and my own homemade red onion marmalade - divine!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭stick girl

Bun, mayo, burger, cheddar, sauteed onions and mushrooms, ketchup, colemans, dash of tabasco, bun top.
    Alternatively, if you slice the burger in half before cooking and stuff with borsin (sp?) cheese, taking special care to seal the edges, then saute and finish with the usual accoutrements...unbeatable!

Advertisement