Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SAGE Commercial 4.0 Dongle Issue - Windows 7

Options
  • 19-06-2011 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

A friend of mine recently bought a new PC with Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. She had an old Windows XP HP machine that had SAGE Commercial 4.0 installed on it. It had a secure USB dongle for SAGE connected to it.

I installed SAGE 4.0 Commercial on to her new Windows 7 machine and installation went through fine. I then plugged in the USB dongle, again, Windows 7 picked it up fine and installed device drivers for it.

However, when I run SAGE I get an error:
    Unable to Access Network Dongle (Status Code: 15)

I have searched the net and Sage's site for information but to no avail.

Has anyone come across this before?

Sage's support desk/company only opens Monday - Friday :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Sean^DCT4 wrote: »
    Hi all,

A friend of mine recently bought a new PC with Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. She had an old Windows XP HP machine that had SAGE Commercial 4.0 installed on it. It had a secure USB dongle for SAGE connected to it.

I installed SAGE 4.0 Commercial on to her new Windows 7 machine and installation went through fine. I then plugged in the USB dongle, again, Windows 7 picked it up fine and installed device drivers for it.

However, when I run SAGE I get an error:
    Unable to Access Network Dongle (Status Code: 15)

I have searched the net and Sage's site for information but to no avail.

Has anyone come across this before?

Sage's support desk/company only opens Monday - Friday :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance

Is it possible to update the Dongle security software somehow, bloody useless DRM f*cking up everything :rolleyes::rolleyes:, if not ring Sage, expect to be told it only supports Windows XP yada yda 32bit and they'll prob want to you get a license for the latest version to fix it! One way around the problem could be to use Windows XP Mode, but I'm not sure that will work properly with the dongles DRM

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kevinbreathnach

Hi All.

Nick, you were spot on about what Sage would say and just look for more money. XP Mode works as long as you "attach" the dongle when you go into the USB tab at the top of the screen in XP Mode, every time before launching Sage. Thanks for the advice as I was being told by Sage "Support" that E550 plus E350 annually was my only option.

Kevin.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I'm glad to hear XP mode is working fine Kevin. This is another case where DRM is only effecting people who legitimately bought the software.

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Hi All.

Nick, you were spot on about what Sage would say and just look for more money. XP Mode works as long as you "attach" the dongle when you go into the USB tab at the top of the screen in XP Mode, every time before launching Sage. Thanks for the advice as I was being told by Sage "Support" that E550 plus E350 annually was my only option.

Kevin.

if you dont get anywhere with sage themselves. you could try a sage partner

i have used these guys for help with sage accounts v11 www.dbcomp.ie

Advertisement