Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    I would like to congratulate all the fans who showed up for the first game at Ibrox for 'The Rangers'. East Fife will have a bumper pay day with this :D

I'm sure you didn't read that link I provided ?

Read it carefully ;)

As for East Fife, we don't begrudge them anything, I hope they put the money to good use.

Lol I posted that on another forum and was told it was obviously done by a DOB Hun so some people can't accept the truth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

What does that mean? The schools don't go back til next Wednesday :confused:

Some Celtic fans blamed buying school uniforms for their low attendance at parkhead on Saturday

I see the official attendance is listed as 38,160. Looks like Greene is starting where Whyte left off with the game being cash in hand ;)

The attendance didn't count the pay at the gate fans, just tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

What does that mean? The schools don't go back til next Wednesday :confused:

Any reason to post this I guess :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlfOz8f4B-o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,411 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Any reason to post this I guess :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlfOz8f4B-o

So, let me get this straight - some guy phones up one of the phone ins and offers an excuse for the Inter Milan friendly on the 28th July and the head of Rangers is using that this evening :confused: He must be desperate to sell those season tickets :pac:

Seems like he's picked up fast how to get on Rangers fans' good side ;)

It is called playing to the gallery and he has been doing it since he arrived. It is business with Green and he must think getting into this petty stuff will sell season tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Seems like he's picked up fast how to get on Rangers fans' good side ;)
    In his position it's a bit stupid coming out with comments like that. Today was a party I 'd expect any club like Rangers to sell out in there position bigger challenges lay ahead on the gates receipt side. If I was a Rangers fan I'd be hoping the main man was more focused on the job in hand and not playing to the gallery at the first chance, it's not as if he was responding to some official comment from Celtic.

Congrats tonight, it must be a relief for all Rangers Fans to see the team back on the pitch and back on the back pages, you've had a lot to go true hopefully tonight shows the only way is up and you can get optimistic again

Thanks, tonight was great indeed and shows that this club is far from dead, despite what some might claim ;)

Also good to see East Fife not resort to kicking us off the park ad at least trying to play their own game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

nice to see our resident the rangers fans joyful once again so proud of their new division 3 clubs success 4-0 versus the powerhouse that is east fife :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Congrats on the win, fantastic support there tonight!
    nice to see our resident the rangers fans joyful once again so proud of their new division 3 clubs success 4-0 versus the powerhouse that is east fife

It's getting old now, the jokes about Rangers and how they have fallen.

What 'new division 3 club' ?

Didn't you get the memo ?

1zwomja.jpg

Nice to see our old rivals still care enough to come in and comment on our game ;)

220k for east fife out of tonight's game, that true?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

What 'new division 3 club' ?

Didn't you get the memo ?

1zwomja.jpg
    exit 21 exit 22?

ah lads don't be like that I'm only taking the piss

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Impressive turnout last night, it will be interesting to see the attendances come January/Feb for both Rangers and Celtic, it will be a big test for both clubs to keep attendances at a decent level.

Also an impressive squad Rangers have put together so far, with the transfer ban coming up they needed to buy players for the next 2 seasons and they seem to have done a good job so far. Barring any injury crisis you should be well able to achieve back to back promotions.

What's the odds on Celtic & Rangers being drawn against each other in the cups at the first opportunity?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

RoryMac wrote: »

What's the odds on Celtic & Rangers being drawn against each other in the cups at the first opportunity?

I have no doubt it will happen.

RoryMac wrote: »
    Impressive turnout last night, it will be interesting to see the attendances come January/Feb for both Rangers and Celtic, it will be a big test for both clubs to keep attendances at a decent level.

Also an impressive squad Rangers have put together so far, with the transfer ban coming up they needed to buy players for the next 2 seasons and they seem to have done a good job so far. Barring any injury crisis you should be well able to achieve back to back promotions.

I would put money on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

418769_452742158081182_1526457809_n.jpg

Not bad for a supposed dead team :D

quite good for a new club, ill give ye that

Seriously thought, what do ye reckon crowds will average out at over the season? Also why was it pay at the gate?

Seriously thought, what do ye reckon crowds will average out at over the season? Also why was it pay at the gate?

According to reports we've sold 20k season tickets and they reckon we can squeeze another 5-10k by the next week or so.
    If that's anything to go by then i reckon crowds will sit around the 25-30k region at Ibrox as long as things are going according to plan.

If things start going pear shaped and we start struggling through games, then it will drop.
    The obvious issues in the lower leagues with postponements and re-arrangements will also come into play.

As for pay at the gate, i guess it's just a case of maximising the amount of people they get through the doors really.

30,000 would be quite good in the circumstances

• Advertisement

30,000 would be quite good in the circumstances

Pretty excellent all things considered.

i think next season may be a big issue though - this season we have the "Defiance Factor" along with the excitement of bringing new, SPL class, signings into Division 3 - next season however we don't have the ability to bring in new players, so Green & Co. don't have that as a way of building excitement and getting renewals in. That and the fact that the reality of the lower leagues will have kicked in for many people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Looks like Mike Ashley is interested in getting involved. Looking to buy 10% apparently.

He's eyeing up profit already! Smart fella.

Doocey wrote: »
    Looks like Mike Ashley is interested in getting involved. Looking to buy 10% apparently.

He's eyeing up profit already! Smart fella.

Yeah, looking like jjb out and sports direct in as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Ashely has done brilliant things with Newcastle this last couple of years.

He's an extremely shrewd businessman.

TheBuilder wrote: »
    looking like jjb out

Brilliant news.

Falkirk in the League cup thats them in the two cups so far

25.000 season tickets renewed, 5000 more being processed and public sale to start next week.

Staggering.

25.000 season tickets renewed, 5000 more being processed and public sale to start next week.

Staggering.

what kind of figure were you expecting? It's good allright but i would have expected 25k circa

what kind of figure were you expecting? It's good allright but i would have expected 25k circa

Well as you say you would expect around 25k it looks like it could be nearer 35k which is not to bad at all if it happens

Well as you say you would expect around 25k it looks like it could be nearer 35k which is not to bad at all if it happens

No, not bad at all in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/aug/10/rangers-ally-mccoist-charles-green-charged?CMP=twt_gu
    • Manager demanded to know identity of judicial panel members
    • Chief executive said 'bigotry' played part in club's treatment

Dumb & Dumber get charged by the SFA, delighted for them both!

Dempsey wrote: »
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/aug/10/rangers-ally-mccoist-charles-green-charged?CMP=twt_gu
    • Manager demanded to know identity of judicial panel members
    • Chief executive said 'bigotry' played part in club's treatment

Dumb & Dumber get charged by the SFA, delighted for them both!

So Ally gets charged for having the audacity to demand who was making what was found to be an illegal decision and Green for saying what he felt that bigotry played a part in certain decisions from certain clubs
    I am glad they intend to fight these charges

So Ally gets charged for having the audacity to demand who was making what was found to be an illegal decision and Green for saying what he felt that bigotry played a part in certain decisions from certain clubs
    I am glad they intend to fight these charges

McCoist was wrong to question it in the manner that he did, nonsense to suggest otherwise. 2 panels and a judge said the transfer embargo was just, one judge, who isnt as experienced as the one used by the SFA and ruled outside of the jurisdiction of football, disagreed. That wouldnt be suspicious to you though!

I'm sure Green will have evidence to support his claim :pac:

McCoist was wrong to question it in the manner that he did, nonsense to suggest otherwise. 2 panels and a judge said the transfer embargo was just, one judge, who isnt as experienced as the one used by the SFA and ruled outside of the jurisdiction of football, disagreed. That wouldnt be suspicious to you though!

I'm sure Green will have evidence to support his claim :pac:

Experienced or not, the one judge was right because the SFA handed down a punishment that wasn't within their rights to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

To be fair to Ally, it think his demand was one borne out of frustration. He shouldn't have made the demand though given the possible repercussions for those involved in the making of the decision should their names have been made public

As for Green, he should be subjected to a severe beating with a pot and kettle for crimes against logic and irony

Experienced or not, the one judge was right because the SFA handed down a punishment that wasn't within their rights to do.

That judges ruling shouldnt have happened, footballing processes & decisions should govern the game, not normal courts. The SFA got ye to take the transfer embargo, the fines etc., in the end so McCoist will be hammered and rightfully so.

Cant wait to hear Green's defence, i want transcripts for that one :D

That judges ruling shouldnt have happened, footballing processes & decisions should govern the game, not normal courts. The SFA got ye to take the transfer embargo, the fines etc., in the end so McCoist will be hammered and rightfully so.

The panel's ruling shouldn't have happened in the first place, it wasn't a legal option!

Super Swally knew the identities all along as Rangers were represented at the hearing. He was clearly playing to the gallery and was irresponsible and hopefully he will be dealt with accordingly.

As for Green, he has being playing to the gallery since day one, he wants his pay day afterall :pac: :pac:

LiamoSail wrote: »
    To be fair to Ally, it think his demand was one borne out of frustration. He shouldn't have made the demand though given the possible repercussions for those involved in the making of the decision should their names have been made public

As for Green, he should be subjected to a severe beating with a pot and kettle for crimes against logic and irony

To many people are under the impression Green meant religious bigotry, you only have to read clowns on Facebook and other forums to see that.

Unfortunately in the west of Scotland as soon as someone says bigotry people think it can only mean religion.

• Advertisement

McCoist had every right to question who was making these decisions I have seen enough posts on here from you demanding transparency or does that only work for Celtic.

Yes we accepted the transfer embargo but you make out as though we were hammered into submission Green said at the time Duff &Phelps should not have went to court and the club would accept the ruling even though it was not in there remit to hand that down.
    It amazes mewhy you are still so bothered about us are you all upset we are still alive and kicking

LiamoSail: I am confused by you wanting Green hammered for his comments why should he not have said them?

The panel's ruling shouldn't have happened in the first place, it wasn't a legal option!

An experienced judge involved in the process agreed with the interpretation of the panel. Anyways, all that doesnt matter as McCoist knew what he was doing was inflammatory and ye have accepted the original punishments as just and fair :P

McCoist had every right to question who was making these decisions I have seen enough posts on here from you demanding transparency or does that only work for Celtic.

No he did not. Rangers (and all other SPL clubs) agreed to the rules which stated that the panel would be independent and the identities would only be made known to the clubs involved. Rangers knew the identities as they were represented and still McCoist went on his 'demanding to know' rant which he should be hammered for. He was clearly playing to the knuckle dragger element of the Rangers support

An experienced judge involved in the process agreed with the interpretation of the panel. Anyways, all that doesnt matter as McCoist knew what he was doing was inflammatory and ye have accepted the original punishments as just and fair :P

No we only accepted them

Yes we accepted the transfer embargo but you make out as though we were hammered into submission Green said at the time Duff &Phelps should not have went to court and the club would accept the ruling even though it was not in there remit to hand that down.
    It amazes mewhy you are still so bothered about us are you all upset we are still alive and kicking

LiamoSail: I am confused by you wanting Green hammered for his comments why should he not have said them?

There is a time and a place to demand transparency and the way McCoist did it was inflammatory and even sinister considering that he already knew who was on the panel.

Ah, I see you trot out the good auld "why are you bothered with us" tripe when your club is getting hammered for something. Surprise Surprise! :rolleyes:

No we only accepted them

Go read the fine print! ;)

• Advertisement

No he did not. Rangers (and all other SPL clubs) agreed to the rules which stated that the panel would be independent and the identities would only be made known to the clubs involved. Rangers knew the identities as they were represented and still McCoist went on his 'demanding to know' rant which he should be hammered for. He was clearly playing to the knuckle dragger element of the Rangers support

LOL thats brilliant coming from a fan of a club who had accepted rules and then threatened legal action only to back off because the SFA bottled it you can go on all night my view will always be that Ally had every right to demand transparency.

So I don't think I will bother talking about that anymore

There is a time and a place to demand transparency and the way McCoist did it was inflammatory and even sinister considering that he already knew who was on the panel.

Ah, I see you trot out the good auld "why are you bothered with us" tripe when your club is getting hammered for something. Surprise Surprise! :rolleyes:

LOL no I bring it up because its pretty obvious you have an obsession with us.

LOL thats brilliant coming from a fan of a club who had accepted rules and then threatened legal action only to back off because the SFA bottled it you can go on all night my view will always be that Ally had every right to demand transparency.

So I don't think I will bother talking about that anymore

So do you think he was right to ignore what Rangers (& the rest of the SPL) agreed to less than 12 months previously?

LOL no I bring it up because its pretty obvious you have an obsession with us.

How come ye be still posting in the Celtic thread, ya dont get this obsessed tripe when ye pass comment in there. You really want to drag this discussion in the gutter because you're not able nor want to discuss anything critical of your club. If you dont want to discuss it, why dont you do everyone a favour a log out. This thread is for anybody to discuss Rangers not just Rangers fans.

Celtic challenged a rulebook that was years out of date, Rangers did similar. McCoist challenged a rulebook everyone agreed to several months previous :rolleyes:

How come ye be still posting in the Celtic thread, ya dont get this obsessed tripe when ye pass comment in there. You really want to drag this discussion in the gutter because you're not able nor want to discuss anything critical of your club. If you dont want to discuss it, why dont you do everyone a favour a log out. This thread is for anybody to discuss Rangers not just Rangers fans.

Celtic challenged a rulebook that was years out of date. Rangers challenged a rulebook they agree to several months previous :rolleyes:

I posted to tell Rory that the game was on ITV4 and yes last year you alluded to it on more than one occasion in fact you went as far to check how many times I had posted.

Yes it is but you forgot that about the Tic thread last year ;)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement