Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

KeithAFC wrote: »
    You will still be rubbish. The Rangers will win 4 in a row.
    We'll see about that. Yee be about to shoite yer pants.Long way to go.Lets see.

How could it? Its celtic who are behind in the race.
    Creeping up on yee like a snail.Slowly but surely.Lets go!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

PARKHEAD67 wrote: »
    Creeping up on yee like a snail.Slowly but surely.Lets go!!:D
    Ok, don't get carried away. You will probably drop points in the next few weeks with a set piece or something.

Ok, don't get carried away. You will probably drop points in the next few weeks with a set piece or something.
    Dont piss on my dream man:D

Dont piss on my dream man:D
    :pac:

At least it might be exciting now.

:pac:

At least it might be exciting now.
    Celtic will win the League.I have a dream.;).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Any fan of a team that had diving cheats like McGeady and Nakamura in their line-up has nothing to comment on ;)

Keep hoping, the thunder surely has to arrive at some point right ? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

Pish, awful, dreadful performance. Sums it up.
    Maybe you purposely ignored when I asked the first time, but, 'Sums what up'?
    Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Any fan of a team that had diving cheats like McGeady and Nakamura in their line-up has nothing to comment on ;)

Keep hoping, the thunder surely has to arrive at some point right ? :D

Our performance. It was dreadful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

I know, but what does it sum up? :)

• Advertisement

The words I used sum up the performance. Gosh..

A dreadful performance from a dreadful disgrace of a club.Steeped in dreadfulness.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

Its like a ''Give my head peace'' episode in here. Parkhead as Da and Keith as Uncle Andy :pac:

tommyhaas wrote: »
    Its like a ''Give my head peace'' episode in here. Parkhead as Da and Keith as Uncle Andy :pac:
    HA.Love it;)

A dreadful performance from a dreadful disgrace of a club.Steeped in dreadfulness.:D
    You trying to out WUM me..:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭henke

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/15824173.stm
    SPL secures new five-year TV deal with Sky and ESPN

The Scottish Premier League has announced a new five-year contract extension with Sky Sports and ESPN for the live rights to matches.

Each broadcaster will continue to show 30 live games per season across the United Kingdom.

The new agreement will run from season 2012/13 and BBC Scotland has learned it will net top-flight clubs around £80m.

The SPL did not reveal details, saying only that the deal improves on the £65m five-year deal agreed in 2009.

The league's chief executive Neil Doncaster said: "Sky Sports and ESPN are two of the biggest names in sports broadcasting and the SPL has enjoyed an excellent relationship with both broadcasters over the course of the current contract, a period which has seen a 28% increase in viewing figures.

In the current economic climate, announcing an increase in value is excellent news for our clubs.

Sky and ESPN stepped in to provide live SPL coverage when Setanta went out of business in the middle of their more lucrative rights deal.

The SPL had employed consultants IMG Media to instigate a feasibility study into the launch of their own television channel but that idea has been shelved.

The news comes less than two weeks after Clydesdale Bank announced they would end their sponsorship of the competition at the end of next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

Drawn away to Arbroath in the Scottish Cup

SONE ALUKO took a step closer to landing a deal with Rangers this afternoon as he scored in a 3-1 closed-doors win over St Mirren in Paisley.

The former Aberdeen winger had his trial with the club extended at the end of last week after he impressed in training at Murray Park.

And watching manager Ally McCoist looked impressed as the Nigerian international tormented the Buddies with a solid display at Greenhill Road.

Aluko played all bar the last few minutes of the friendly before he was replaced by defender Darren Cole.

And it seems McCoist now has plenty of food for thought as he contemplates bringing the 22-year-old into his squad on a permanent basis.

He is seeking a new face after Steven Naismith suffered cruciate knee ligament damage in a match against the Dons at Pittodrie last month.

Aluko has been identified as a possible solution for the right midfield slot which has since been left vacant and he appears to have done all he keen to show he's worth keeping.

John Fleck, so impressive in the reserve team's recent 6-0 win at Corby Town, grabbed the opening goal.

But although Saints levelled through Joe McKee, Aluko made his mark to make it 2-1 to Gers at the midway point.

Fleck then sealed victory for the visitors in the closing stages of the match when he slid in a penalty after Salim Kerkar was brought down in the box.

RANGERS: Gallacher, Ortiz, McMillan, Perry (Hegarty), Kerkar, Aluko (Cole), Bendiksen, McCulloch (Mitchell), Wylde, Hemmings, Fleck.

Doesn't say it there, but Ness also played and got injured, again, in the first half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

TheBuilder wrote: »
    Doesn't say it there, but Ness also played and got injured, again, in the first half.

He really is becoming a liability now pity had the making of a great player

Signed Sone Aluko on a 6 month deal, with a chance of a 2 year deal if he does well.

Could he do a good job for us?

Could he do a good job for us?

If we let him use his pace and be direct, yes I think he could.

According to The Sun Aluko paid Rangers 150k, that's... different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    According to The Sun Aluko paid Rangers 150k, that's... different.

Even ex-Dons have more to spend than Rangers! :pac:

• Advertisement

He obviously is an intelligent guy as well :p

SONE ALUKO has revealed he has made a contribution to the compensation package Aberdeen will receive to ensure his move to Rangers went through.
    "Anyone who has played in Scotland for longer than five minutes knows all about Rangers and Celtic and this is the biggest team in the country in my opinion

He obviously is an intelligent guy as well :p

SONE ALUKO has revealed he has made a contribution to the compensation package Aberdeen will receive to ensure his move to Rangers went through.
    "Anyone who has played in Scotland for longer than five minutes knows all about Rangers and Celtic and this is the biggest team in the country in my opinion

He's abit slow tbh, most people know that Celtic and Rangers are the biggest clubs in Scotland, they dont need to be playing longer than 5 minutes to figure it out.

As for the bolded, when you put down 150k of your own money on something, you are hardly going to talk down your investment! :P

Dempsey wrote: »
    He's abit slow tbh, most people know that Celtic and Rangers are the biggest clubs in Scotland, they dont need to be playing longer than 5 minutes to figure it out.

As for the bolded, when you put down 150k of your own money on something, you are hardly going to talk down your investment! :P

Ah but he didn't pay 150k of his own money
    And lets face it many players over the years have bought out their contracts to move to other teams so I really don't see what the big fuss is

And lets face it many players over the years have bought out their contracts to move to other teams so I really don't see what the big fuss is

True its more like £200k and he's not buying out his contract, he's paying training compensation so it doesnt have to go to tribunal and his career stay doesnt stay in limbo

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/rangers/2011/11/25/rangers-new-boy-sone-aluko-says-he-s-paying-200k-for-dream-ibrox-move-86908-23586924/
    But Aluko's advisers then revealed how the Nigerian and his parents had to scramble together a lump sum of more than £50,000 to pay off his former Pittodrie bosses and stop them from blocking the move in a legal row over compensation they claim they are due.

As part of the astonishing agreement, Aluko - who knocked back an 11th-hour offer from Championship side Watford - has also agreed to stump up around a further £150,000 in monthly instalments straight out of his Rangers pay packet.

Is he lying?

True its more like £200k and he's not buying out his contract, he's paying training compensation so it doesnt have to go to tribunal and his career stay doesnt stay in limbo

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/rangers/2011/11/25/rangers-new-boy-sone-aluko-says-he-s-paying-200k-for-dream-ibrox-move-86908-23586924/

Is he lying?

Even if he was I don't have a problem with it the guy is keen to play for us and his money has got him to the end of the season o prove he is worth the extension.
    I know he is not buying out his contract but as I said its not that different he is paying money so he can come and play for us and thats the bottom line.

As for his agent lying do you believe everything agents say because if one told me today was Friday I would be checking my calender thats what I think of them. They are a blight on our game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Even if he paid £50,000 and not the reported 200k. That's serious money for the likes of him. How much money could he have made playing for Aberdeen at the age of 24?

Seems very strange, especially if it's only a 6 month contract..

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Even if he paid £50,000 and not the reported 200k. That's serious money for the likes of him. How much money could he have made playing for Aberdeen at the age of 24?

Seems very strange, especially if it's only a 6 month contract..

I thought he was only 22
    Your t
    right it is serious money as you say 6 month contract with a two year option

Even if he was I don't have a problem with it the guy is keen to play for us and his money has got him to the end of the season o prove he is worth the extension.
    I know he is not buying out his contract but as I said its not that different he is paying money so he can come and play for us and thats the bottom line.

As for his agent lying do you believe everything agents say because if one told me today was Friday I would be checking my calender thats what I think of them. They are a blight on our game.

I'm not looking for an argument on this and I dont have a problem with a player shelling out to stop the process being dragged through tribunals and stalling his career.

That was a quick google for the amount owed in training compensation. That article, his agent is saying it but I have read an article, think it was the BBC, where the player talked about paying the compensation out of his own pocket. So whatever you think about agents in general, in this instance, it is the case.

I was only joking around, dunno why this conversation has taken a serious turn!

He must be that Nigerian Prince that keeps asking people for the western union money transfers, how else could he has that sort of cash lying around :P

Certainly not looking to make this serious either to be honest its about time we got round to having a laugh with each other on here again so there:p

Many people would pay to play for the famous Rangers.

Technically he hasn't paid any of his own money out, he's just used his signing on fee as the payment to Aberdeen. Alot of players do it.

Technically he hasn't paid any of his own money out, he's just used his signing on fee as the payment to Aberdeen. Alot of players do it.

No his parents helped him pay the initial the £50k to Aberdeen, the rest is coming out of his wages in instalments. Thats all the compensation that Aberdeen have been demanding. Dunno where you pulled this signing on fee waffle from.

No his parents helped him pay the initial the £50k to Aberdeen, the rest is coming out of his wages in instalments. Thats all the compensation that Aberdeen have been demanding. Dunno where you pulled this signing on fee waffle from.

Its not "waffle", players get paid a significant signing on fee, all of them. So he's been helped out greatly by this signing on fee.

Many people would pay to play for the famous Rangers.
    WUM of the century.;) Congrats Keith. A truly legendary post.:D

The rangers are broke. Just get over it.The 12 mil Flo days are long gone.Arguing over 150k FFS. A lot of players dont do it. :)

• Advertisement

The rangers are broke. Just get over it.The 12 mil Flo days are long gone.Arguing over 150k FFS. A lot of players dont do it. :)

Ah good old P67, reading things that aren't there, I never denied we were broke. Alot of players do use their signing on fee for other purposes, for example, Kris Boyd donated 10% of his to the Killie youth system.

Ah good old P67, reading things that aren't there, I never denied we were broke. Alot of players do use their signing on fee for other purposes, for example, Kris Boyd donated 10% of his to the Killie youth system.
    I think your turning a blind eye to the financial situation of your club.;).It should embarrass a club as huge as rangers that some aberdeen reject has to pay some of his own money to play for you.Its shocking.

I think your turning a blind eye to the financial situation of your club.;).It should embarrass a club as huge as rangers that some aberdeen reject has to pay some of his own money to play for you.Its shocking.

Troll. Jog on.

Troll. Jog on.
    Typical. Did I touch a nerve with the builder?:D.

Typical. Did I touch a nerve with the builder?:D.

Nah your just a boring **** that brings the same thing up over and over again!

Nah your just a boring **** that brings the same thing up over and over again!
    :D.Calm down lad.Youll burst a vein or something.;).Anyway yeev got aluko. A super player who always dreamed of playing for the rangers.Cheer up.He could be the new oleg solenko:D

:D.Calm down lad.Youll burst a vein or something.;).Anyway yeev got aluko. A super player who always dreamed of playing for the rangers.Cheer up.He could be the new oleg solenko:D

Right we all know we are skint but this skint club have beat your financially sound club to the last three titles in a row.
    Yep he could turn out to be like Salenko or even better he could be another Nacho Novo

Dempsey maybe we can't have a laugh anymore because some people just have to troll as I said earlier I would like to get back to the days when we could have a laugh and a wee slag at one another now and again

Right we all know we are skint but this skint club have beat your financially sound club to the last three titles in a row.
    Yep he could turn out to be like Salenko or even better he could be another Nacho Novo

Dempsey maybe we can't have a laugh anymore because some people just have to troll as I said earlier I would like to get back to the days when we could have a laugh and a wee slag at one another now and again
    I thought I was having a laugh.Why is everyone so uptight on boards?

Cos we're skint, its not easy :p

• Advertisement

You can be funny at times but theres times when your humour isn't really appreciated ;):p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement