Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

TheBuilder wrote: »
    Cos we're skint, its not easy :p
    At last. A bit of humour.. :D

You can be funny at times but theres times when your humour isn't really appreciated ;):p
    My wife doesnt appreciate my humour either sometimes:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

PARKHEAD67 wrote: »
    My wife doesnt appreciate my humour either sometimes:p

Blow up dolls don't really have a sense of humour though.

TheBuilder wrote: »
    Blow up dolls don't really have a sense of humour though.
    Ha ha. Now your being bold.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭RoryMac

I see Craig Whyte said today that for every fiver Celtic spend Aluko will spend 10! :)

• Advertisement

RoryMac wrote: »
    I see Craig Whyte said today that for every fiver Celtic spend Aluko will spend 10! :)
    Post of the year.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

The Scotsman.
    Published on Friday 25 November 2011 19:03

RANGERS manager Ally McCoist has disputed reports that the Ibrox club did not make any financial contribution to the deal which secured the signing of Sone Aluko from Aberdeen.

The Nigerian international winger, who is set to make his debut for the Scottish champions against Kilmarnock at Rugby Park tomorrow, revealed he dipped into his own pocket in order to push through the move which saw Aberdeen receive a compensation package worth potentially more than £100,000.

While McCoist is gratified by Aluko’s desire to play for Rangers, he was irritated by claims that the 22-year-old and his family had been forced to use their life savings in order to make it happen.

“Some of the reporting has been, at best, very average indeed,” said McCoist. “Aberdeen are a bit upset about it. I can totally understand where they are coming from. I wouldn’t say I’m upset, but I’m a wee bit disappointed. There has been talk about the lad’s family (paying from their savings) and all that stuff, which I can tell you is absolute nonsense.

“I’ll tell you why I’m having a go. Someone has said he is paying £150,000, which is really poor. He is paying absolutely nothing like that. If it’s a tenth of that, maybe.”

In terms of what percentage of the fee to Aberdeen had been paid by Aluko, in comparison to the sum paid by Rangers, McCoist was unable and unwilling to answer. “I don’t know 100 per cent, but I wouldn’t tell you if I did,” replied McCoist.

Aluko, who has joined Rangers until the end of the season with an option for a further two-year contract, also denied the suggestion that his part in the deal had involved his family.

“It wasn’t a case of waiting on a family whip-round and going into savings,” said Aluko. “That doesn’t happen. My contract is personal between me and the clubs.

Surely not, the Sun telling lies ?
    Never!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Big game tomorrow. Need a response from last weekend. Get the 7 point gap and we will be in a great position.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Big game tomorrow. Need a response from last weekend. Get the 7 point gap and we will be in a great position.
    It's every bit as much a must win game as there's was that seven point gap is psychologically important

Rangers team for Kilmarnock match

RANGERS: McGregor; Whittaker, Perry, Goian, Broadfoot; Edu, Davis, McCulloch; Aluko, Jelavic, Lafferty.

SUBS: Alexander, Fleck, Ortiz, McKay, Bedoya, Bartley, Hemmings.

Really worried when I see Broadfoot and McCulloch in the same team

• Advertisement

Edu and McCulloch in midfield, wtf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Killie seem up for this one!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Dempsey wrote: »
    Killie seem up for this one!

They certainly are not lying down. Great clearance there a few mins ago.

Not exactly, they've hardly had a shot at goal.

It's Rangers who don't seem to care.
    Infuriating that McCoist seems to think this is acceptable.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Great save from McGregor.

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Not exactly, they've hardly had a shot at goal.

It's Rangers who don't seem to care.
    Infuriating that McCoist seems to think this is acceptable.

McGregor used the get out of jail free card there

Killie are working really hard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

Dempsey wrote: »
    McGregor used the get out of jail free card there

Hope his understudy has one of them handy :pac:

tommyhaas wrote: »
    Hope his understudy has one of them handy :pac:

:D

1-0 Killie

Questions have to be asked about McCoist's tactics and his consistently picking of McCulloch and other wasters in the team.

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    1-0 Killie

Questions have to be asked about McCoist's tactics and his consistently picking of McCulloch and other wasters in the team.

The lad coming off the line playing Pascali on will receive a bollocking afterwards!

• Advertisement

Aluko, can't fault him though, he's hardly had competitive football and is out of shape.
    Should have been subbed a long time ago, but that's not something McCoist seems to notice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

4 of the Rangers players offside and no free!

Mars Bar wrote: »
    4 of the Rangers players offside and no free!

There was a killie player playing them on, he was standing right behind the last rangers player on the far side. he was hidden when they froze the picture

Title race back on now chaps! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Game ****ing on now. I had given up all hope a couple of weeks ago. Oh me of little faith...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Game ****ing on now. I had given up all hope a couple of weeks ago. Oh me of little faith...:)
    You weren't the only 1 bud,delighted I've been proved wrong. Still in shock Killie beat rangers:eek:

PauloMN wrote: »
    Title race back on now chaps! :D
    The title race was never over Paul not from my point of view anyway
    We had to hit a bad patch at some point and this looks like it I know people are going to have a go at McCoist but in all honesty even that team should be capable of beating Kilmarnock who all credit it to rh deserved there win today.
    From our point of view Steve Davis needs a good slap that the last two games now where he has shown no interest and Coisty has to shoulder some of the blame McCulloch should never be in that team h and Broadfoot can leave anytime they like as far as I am concerned

The title race was never over

It was according to Jelavic

The title race was never over

It was according to Jelavic
    Yep and did you pay any attention to him I didn't nor did any Rangers fan I know and let's face it you should know what it's like when players rattle there gums your done it often enough over the last three seasons ;)

• Advertisement

Yep and did you pay any attention to him I didn't nor did any Rangers fan I know and let's face it you should know what it's like when players rattle there gums your done it often enough over the last three seasons ;)

I agreed with him though, silly me

Still 4 points..

But awful performance again. We need to improve and go on a run again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Still 4 points..

4 points but Celtic still have 2 home Old Firm games left with just 1 in Ibrox, i'm amazed how quickly things have tightened up.

Both sides have plenty of problems so i expect quite a few twists and turns before this season is decided.

4 points but Celtic still have 2 home Old Firm games left with just 1 in Ibrox, i'm amazed how quickly things have tightened up.

Both sides have plenty of problems so i expect quite a few twists and turns before this season is decided.
    Yeah but 4 points is still a decent lead. Would have taken it if some one said at the start of the season if we had a 4 point lead. But to go from 12 points to 4 is a blow. Better mental strength is required.

Yeah but 4 points is still a decent lead. Would have taken it if some one said at the start of the season if we had a 4 point lead. But to go from 12 points to 4 is a blow. Better mental strength is required.

The loss of Naismith will clinch Celtic the title.My heart and my head say We'll win it.rangers look a bit lost at the moment.I take no pleasure in saying that;).

8 points dropped in 8 days! keep this up and by my reckoning Celtic will win the league by a record 164 points! :)

• Advertisement

8 points dropped in 8 days! keep this up and by my reckoning Celtic will win the league by a record 164 points! :)
    I,d take 163;).Seriously the rangers are in trouble.Is the ulster gazzelle's back injury long-term? No naisy and no lafferty.That would be awful:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

I,d take 163;).Seriously the rangers are in trouble.Is the ulster gazzelle's back injury long-term? No naisy and no lafferty.That would be awful:)

One injury to Jelavic or Davis would ruin that team..

ColeTrain wrote: »

I hope Aluko kept his receipt!! :)

Big time. Jelavic and Davis are the only players with quality at the rangers.And Mcgregor I suppose.He looked a bit useless at the goal today though.I cant believe they're giving Whittaker £20,000 a week.He must have the best agent in the universe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

One injury to Forrest or Stokes would cripple yours at the minute as well. There's a long way to go yet, both teams will still drop points.

• Advertisement

Ah the sweet smell of obsession it doesn't matter which way you look at it we are 4points in front and thats all anyone knows at the moment but you carry on creaming your pants boys the sane ones will keep it shut until its decided one way or the other all these boasts I have been hearing them for the last three seasons. But by the law of averages you will win a title sometime but who knows when ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

But by the law of averages you will win a title sometime but who knows when ;)

So the law of averages, karma and Georgie Samaras are on our side. In the bag :D

Ah the sweet smell of obsession it doesn't matter which way you look at it we are 4points in front and thats all anyone knows at the moment but you carry on creaming your pants boys the sane ones will keep it shut until its decided one way or the other all these boasts I have been hearing them for the last three seasons. But by the law of averages you will win a title sometime but who knows when ;)

But the massive difference is for the last 3 years you had a good manager, are you confident McCoist can re-group the players and push on??

When we do,one title could turn into nine or ten in a row considering yeer current financial situation.:D

But the massive difference is for the last 3 years you had a good manager, are you confident McCoist can re-group the players and push on??
    Mccoist cant even grow a moustache FFS:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Rangers middle of midfield is rubbish but Celtic have a terrible defence.

I think it will come down to which team can get away with it the longest.

Very poor standard this year generally and I believe Scottish football is fatally wounded.

Rangers middle of midfield is rubbish but Celtic have a terrible defence.

I think it will come down to which team can get away with it the longest.

Very poor standard this year generally and I believe Scottish football is fatally wounded.

Thanks very much for your input

Oh who do you support by the way

Why not I have faith in him he has made mistakes bur he is a rookie and he will learn
    [/B]
    When we do,one title could turn into nine or ten in a row considering yeer current financial situation.:D

Ah wondered how long it would take does

3 in a row
    and nae dough

Sound familiar you keep your bank balance we will settle for trophies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I watch a lot of Scottish football including Rangers game today...so what does it matter who I support:confused:

Oh you are welcome..:)

I watch a lot of Scottish football including Rangers game today...so what does it matter who I support:confused:

Oh you are welcome..:)
    Well I would say most of the posters on these two threads all know who the others follow it just sort of makes things clearer but if my question offended you then I apologise though why anyone would have an aversion to saying who they support confuses me somewhat

Thank you for your courteous reply though

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement