Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Was it to difficult to read two posts back :p

So a decent performance then. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

TheBuilder wrote: »
    Decent performance, everything there but more goals. Credit to Dunfermline, they defended well, excellently at times.

Aluko's penalty was extremely soft, but after not getting one last week the "these things even themselves up", idea obviously is partly true.
    Thats an understatement.He should have been booked for "simulation".A little help from the ref never hurt the rangers in the past I suppose.The 1st goal was laurel and hardy stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

PARKHEAD67 wrote: »
    Thats an understatement.He should have been booked for "simulation".A little help from the ref never hurt the rangers in the past I suppose.The 1st goal was laurel and hardy stuff.

Notice your not saying anything about the penalty we didn't get last week ;)

Or you never mention how Celtic got more penalty's last season than anyone else :confused:

Notice your not saying anything about the penalty we didn't get last week ;)

Or you never mention how Celtic got more penalty's last season than anyone else :confused:
    They made sure that was put right fair quick;).On the second point, we're the most attack-minded team in the league,so on the law of averages we're bound to get the most penalties.Not dodgy ones though.Aluko could be the new naisy if he keeps this codology up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Rangers made hard work today of their 2-1 win over Dunfermline. Looking at the penalty it looked a soft call but I'm sure rangers fans are not too bothered about that! Some reports on facebook suggesting that some rangers fans booed off the team at the end? Some football fans can be so fickle!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

dartbhoy wrote: »
    Rangers made hard work today of their 2-1 win over Dunfermline. Looking at the penalty it looked a soft call but I'm sure rangers fans are not too bothered about that! Some reports on facebook suggesting that some rangers fans booed off the team at the end? Some football fans can be so fickle!

Didnt boo them off mate, booed them for holding the ball up and trying to play out the game, same thing as happened at parkhead last week, mental fans!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Need to go back to getting more clean sheets. Seeing out the game is clever.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

They made sure that was put right fair quick;).On the second point, we're the most attack-minded team in the league,so on the law of averages we're bound to get the most penalties.Not dodgy ones though.Aluko could be the new naisy if he keeps this codology up.

Not dodgy ones :D
    Did you blank out the penalty in the last OF game of last season ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

celtic fans can't complain about penalties. They got one of the worst decisions last season in a OF game which would have won them the title with Samaras and his penalty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

KeithAFC wrote: »
    celtic fans can't complain about penalties. They got one of the worst decisions last season in a OF game which would have won them the title with Samaras and his penalty.

on the other side of the coin hamilton had a ludicrously offside goal allowed against celtic and a last minute winner for celtic was unfairly chalked off in the same match, those 2 points would have sent the title to parkhead...so that kinda balances out doesnt it? or it would if samaras didnt predictably miss that fcuking pen

spiralism wrote: »
    on the other side of the coin hamilton had a ludicrously offside goal allowed against celtic and a last minute winner for celtic was unfairly chalked off in the same match, those 2 points would have sent the title to parkhead...so that kinda balances out doesnt it? or it would if samaras didnt predictably miss that fcuking pen

Or Rangers have had insane decisions gone against them, from perfectly good goals being disallowed to stonewall penalties not given,...

Bottom line is that the standard of referees in Scotland is abysmal, and I don't think it has anything to do with bias towards any team.

As for yesterday's game, it wasn't bad at all.
    Especially the first half we were playing pretty good, could have easily been 4 up by then.
    The second half was worse, but still in control of the game.

this.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zsVTaGTENE Kirk.the rangers cheat again.

You mean this one ?

WV78-Celtic-v-Rangers.jpg

Hell, the replay around 0:17 even clearly shows him looking.

Watch this.One of Keiths heroes.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3iUDg6JEo0

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    You mean this one ?

Looking at gross simulation by the man who cant cook an egg in a microwave without ending up in A&E:D

• Advertisement

Do I need to post that video again of your hero, Lennon ?

I've woken up 2 years in the past :o

So we'll win the league this year too ? :pac:

You could go back a lot longer than 2 years.The insane decisions that go the rangers way are sometin=mes astonishing.The Aluko dive yesterday was unreal.The wife saw it on sky sports there a while ago.Now she understands why I rant:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

You mean this one ?

The referee was badly positioned and did not see the incident properly. To say that he saw enough of it is complete bull

• Advertisement

So we'll win the league this year too ? :pac:
    Well, if the refs keep this up nothing can stop yee.

PARKHEAD67, is this you ? :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILjRwZrTeCI

No.He makes some valid points though.Although he sounds a little stoned:D

'Valid points', are you sure you're not the one who's stoned ? :eek:

'Valid points', are you sure you're not the one who's stoned ? :eek:
    I only listened to about 30 seconds of it..:rolleyes:

SFA are reviewing Aluko's dive.

Hopefully together with the stonewaller against him at Killie.

SFA are reviewing Aluko's dive.
    Bit late now. The points are in the bag.Theyd be better off reviewing their referee.

Bit late now. The points are in the bag.Theyd be better off reviewing their referee.

Same as if they decided to review why he didnt get the stonewaller last week, they need to review that referee as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

.On the second point, we're the most attack-minded team in the league,so on the law of averages we're bound to get the most penalties

*********Congratulations PARKHEAD67*********
    You have become the proud winner of the Straw That Broke The Camels Back Award! Your prize is to make Eirebear post on this forum again!
    :D:D

You do know, that we've outscored you in the last 2 seasons yes?
    In fact the last time you outscored us was 2006-07?
    And for the last two seasons Celtic have been awarded more penalties, and conceded less?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Eirebear wrote: »
    *********Congratulations PARKHEAD67*********
    You have become the proud winner of the Straw That Broke The Canmels Back Award! Your prize is to make Eirebear post on this forum again!
    :D:D

You do know, that we've outscored you in the last 2 seasons yes?
    In fact the last time you outscored us was 2006-07?
    And for the last two seasons Celtic have been awarded more penalties, and conceded less?

Welcome back dude! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

PauloMN wrote: »
    Welcome back dude! :)

I'm not staying...i need to go and find out more about "Canmels" :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Eirebear wrote: »
    I'm not staying...i need to go and find out more about "Canmels" :D

Def: "Canmel" - a camel that supports The Rangers. ;)

2 game ban for Aluko, has to be appealed imo.
    Joke of a decision.

2 game ban for Aluko, has to be appealed imo.
    Joke of a decision.

It is a joke, it should have been a 6 match ban.

Dempsey wrote: »
    It is a joke, it should have been a 6 match ban.

Of course it should he should have been branded on the forehead with a big D for diver as well

Of course it should he should have been branded on the forehead with a big D for diver as well

That would be nice! It would help the stupid referees!

A 2 match ban with a chance of appeal isnt a proper deterrent. You think that will stop a player taking a dive if there is a title, european spot, relegation decider? It would be water off a ducks back for the likes of Naismith and Aluko.

That would be nice! It would help the stupid referees!

A 2 match ban with appeal isnt a proper deterrent. You think that will stop a player taking a dive if there is a title, european spot, relegation decider? It would be water off a ducks back for the likes of Naismith and Aluko.

Would you have been saying this when a players like Nakamura for example did it

No, they still go on about that win against ManU, which came about after a ridiculous dive from Nakamura.

• Advertisement

Where are you seeing this about the two match ban jelle

My opinion of diving/cheating/simulation doesnt change to suit Celtic. What made you think that it would? The deterrent has to be heavy handed to put players off trying to cheat. We both know that the biggest offenders in the SPL play for Rangers, why else would you be put off wanting big punishments for cheats!

No, they still go on about that win against ManU, which came about after a ridiculous dive from Nakamura.

Nakamura wasnt the one fouled actually. :P

My opinion of diving/cheating/simulation doesnt change to suit Celtic. What made you think that it would? The deterrent has to be heavy handed to put players off trying to cheat. We both know that the biggest offenders in the SPL play for Rangers, why else would you be put off wanting big punishments for cheats!

Show me where I said I didn't want him punished you must seeing things I did't post

Are you 67 in disguise :p

Show me where I said I didn't want him punished you must seeing things I did't post

I didnt say that you didnt want him punished. You ridiculed me for suggesting big punishments which is what is required. Potentially, a 2 match ban for a league title? Naismith would make sure to injure himself in the somersault, he'd be a method actor about it!

• Advertisement

I didnt say that you didnt want him punished. You ridiculed me for suggesting big punishments which is what is required. Potentially, a 2 match ban for a league title? Naismith would make sure to injure himself in the somersault, he'd be a method actor about it!

With every tim on here bitching and moaning about Naismith, one would think he really pissed you lot off after the last OF game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

Stop making Naismith to look like a cheat, it's getting sad.
    pretty sure naisy doesn't need anyone else to make him look like a cheat

bobmalooka wrote: »
    pretty sure naisy doesn't need anyone else to make him look like a cheat

No, you lot are doing a good enough job of that.

I find it funny how short some peoples memories are regarding divers ;)

I find it funny how short some peoples memories are regarding divers ;)

You mean like McGeady ? ;)
    But he didn't dive, 'he was too fast for the defenders' :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement