Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

TheBuilder wrote: »
    The SPL have to be consistent with their punishments or it makes a mockery (even more so) of the organisation. In terms of past punishments then it should've been reduced, that doesn't make it right, but it should've been.

So the SFA should ignore their own rules now because they ignored them already? Maybe they should just ignore them altogether for the sake of consistency? Why punish simulation at all, if leads to a degree of inconsistency.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

Dempsey wrote: »
    So the SFA should ignore their own rules because they ignored them already? Maybe they should just ignore them altogether for the sake of consistency?

The rules have to be changed, this panel is people selected at random, it should be a set panel so that they have their past decisions to work off.

A one game ban would've been much fairer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

The SFA are a complete joke of an outfit! What's pis**ng me off here is the posters who're saying "oh this fella should have been banned for this and that"! I've no problems with rangers fans been angry over the SFA inconsistencies but going into this tit for tat bull*hit isn't going to solve the problem!

The rules have to be changed, this panel is people selected at random, it should be a set panel so that they have their past decisions to work off.

A one game ban would've been much fairer.

Dont the club/player have a choice now, either the fast track tribunal or appeal to the SFA and they review it (i.e. the 'old system').

AFAIK, the fast track tribunal either upholds the referee's decision or the SFA notice of complaint when appealed. They cant decide a reduced ban unless the players admits to the offence.

Jim McIntyre has his hearing set for the 22nd of December. Aluko's would have probably been around then too. I think Rangers didnt want to delay punishment to possibly cover the Old Firm game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Reading about the Judicial panel now and it appears there are 3 drawn at random from a pool of 100, these are former referees, players, managers, club officials and legal representatives.

That could quite easily lead to different outcomes, for an incident like O'Connor's as an example, 2 former strikers on the panel could have a completely different view on it than 2 former defenders.

Dont the club/player have a choice now, either the fast track tribunal or appeal to the SFA and they review it (i.e. the 'old system').

AFAIK, the fast track tribunal either upholds the referee's decision or the SFA notice of complaint when appealed. They cant decide a reduced ban unless the players admits to the offence.

Jim McIntyre has his hearing set for the 22nd of December. Aluko's would have probably been around then too. I think Rangers didnt want to delay punishment to possibly cover the Old Firm game.

I dont think they do, its decisions like simulation or off the ball things that are fasttracked now so that players aren't playing for 6 more games before being banned or whatever.

RoryMac wrote: »
    Reading about the Judicial panel now and it appears there are 3 drawn at random from a pool of 100, these are former referees, players, managers, club officials and legal representatives.

That could quite easily lead to different outcomes, for an incident like O'Connor's as an example, 2 former strikers on the panel could have a completely different view on it than 2 former defenders.

My point exacty, it should be a set panel for all cases.

My point exacty, it should be a set panel for all cases.

A set panel has its flaws too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Refs get no help to be fair. The linesmen bottle it a lot and they have no technology backing them up like video replay or goal line technology. UEFA and FIFA don't seem to care either.

They are left out to dry a lot.

• Advertisement

Yeah i was just about to say that, if this had been a set panel all confidence in it would be lost from Rangers fans now.

I'm not sure what the best way of doing it is but i'd suggest it might be best to have a set chairman so he is aware of the previous cases/rulings with 2 additional people taken from a smaller pool.

No denying that, but at least they could be challenged if they made two decisions like this with two different outcomes.
    Yeah i was just about to say that, if this had been a set panel all confidence in it would be lost from Rangers fans now.

I'm not sure what the best way of doing it is but i'd suggest it might be best to have a set chairman so he is aware of the previous cases/rulings with 2 additional people taken from a smaller pool.

I fail to see how.

No denying that, but at least they could be challenged if they made two decisions like this with two different outcomes.

The SFA's disciplinary committee of old was a fixed panel, was it not? They, at the very least, had regulars on the panel like George Peat and they were pretty inconsistent.

I think it would be better to judge the effectiveness of the fast track tribunal process by examining all the cases that they have dealt and what they have gotten right. O'Connor's appeal seems to be the only thing they've misjudged so far. If the degree of inconsistency between the old disciplinary system and the new one is reduced then its a good thing. I'd give it a full season before deciding if its effective or not.

The SFA's disciplinary committee of old was a fixed panel, was it not? They at the very least had regulars on the panel and they were pretty inconsistent.

I think it would be better to judge the effectiveness of the fast track tribunal process by examining all the cases that they have dealt and what they have gotten right. O'Connor's appeal seems to be the only thing they've misjudged so far. If the degree of inconsistency between the old disciplinary system and the new one is reduced then its a good thing. I'd give it a full season before deciding if its effective or not.

There hasn't been many cases I can think of? O'Connor, Naismith and Aluko. O'Connor and Aluko's should've been the same result. To have two different results just shows its flawed.

I fail to see how.

If Rangers were to have other players go before the same panel I'm sure there would be plenty of Rangers fans sceptical of having a fair hearing.

Stupid stuff by Hart

Seems that the Rangers kit man cannot spell though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Stupid stuff by Hart

Yeah noticed that but yesssssss he has just made it two

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Stupid stuff by Hart

That 2.50 a week saved on "A"'s over the course of a season adds up...

Eirebear wrote: »
    That 2.50 a week saved on "A"'s over the course of a season adds up...

Should just invest in a permanent marker and draw yer numbers on. Save yourselves a fortune!

Well its three points I really worry about Ally and his failure to see McCulloch is crap thought Bendikson (sp) made a big difference for us when he came on

Should just invest in a permanent marker and draw yer numbers on. Save yourselves a fortune!

Nah Ireland have the franchise for that :)

• Advertisement

Nah Ireland have the franchise for that :)

You can buy a licence off the FAI, John Delaney will throw in a tie!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

A start would be to have actual football people on the panel.
    One of them this time was a lawyer without any history in football.

Good 3 points today, didn't see the game but apparently Bendiksen turned it all around.

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    A start would be to have actual football people on the panel.
    One of them this time was a lawyer without any history in football.

Good 3 points today, didn't see the game but apparently Bendiksen turned it all around.

So the likes of you or me would have no business judging what is a foul or simulation in a game of football?

So the likes of you or me would have no business judging what is a foul or simulation in a game of football?

To be fair when titles and money are at stake I would rather football people rather than laypeople were making decisions

To be fair when titles and money are at stake I would rather football people rather than laypeople were making decisions

Thats one way of looking at it but it doesnt guarantee the correct decision will be made. You saw what Ally said about the ex referee that reviewed the Aluko case, clearly he never thought much of him. It could be argued that people previously involved in professional football could have grudges with current referees, certain clubs or players.

Thats one way of looking at it but it doesnt guarantee the correct decision will be made. You saw what Ally said about the ex referee that reviewed the Aluko case, clearly he never thought much of him. It could be argued that people were previously involved in professional football could have grudges with current referees, certain clubs or players.

True very true but the same can be said for people who are just ordinary fans like us I like to think if I was on a panel I could be totally impartial but when it came down to it who knows how anyone would act

True very true but the same can be said for people who are just ordinary fans like us I like to think if I was on a panel I could be totally impartial but when it came down to it who knows how anyone would act

And maybe thats why they have a pool of people with various backgrounds within the sport and pick them at random. At least with this system, it would be very hard for one person to corrupt the decision making process, very hard for anyone to corrupt a randomly chosen panel. Its not perfect but it has the potential to be a far better system for disciplining players that what has gone before.

Good win.

Its just a question of when celtic will fk up because they will. 0-0 next weekend please.

And maybe thats why they have a pool of people with various backgrounds within the sport and pick them at random. At least with this system, it would be very hard for one person to corrupt the decision making process, very hard for anyone to corrupt a randomly chosen panel. Its not perfect but it has the potential to be a far better system for disciplining players that what has gone before.

Think I will give it a full season before giving it a yes or no to be honest as I really have my doubts

Think I will give it a full season before giving it a yes or no to be honest as I really have my doubts

So an essential win to keep us four in front another tricky one next week at home to ICT Butcher always makes it tough but we just have to keep on doing as we are

• Advertisement

It was only a matter of time that you started having full blown conversations with yourself! :pac:

It was only a matter of time that you started having full blown conversations with yourself! :pac:

It's these damn drugs i tell you either that or two days in the madness that is Dublin was to much for me

You ? Hell no :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Good win.

Its just a question of when celtic will fk up because they will. 0-0 next weekend please.
    Good win?rangers were atrocious up to the penalty award in fairness. Celtic will keep doing the business.Roll on the 28th.:)

PARKHEAD67 wrote: »
    Good win?rangers were atrocious up to the penalty award in fairness. Celtic will keep doing the business.Roll on the 28th.:)

To be fair, you lot didnt exactly set the heather alight yourselves.

The next few weeks are going to be a huge test of the mental strenght of both teams, this is probably where Celtic fell down last season and they need to improve. For Rangers it will be interesting to see if they have the strenght under McCoist that they had under Smith.

It's going to be an interesting month and I think who ever comes out on top going into the New Year will be hard to stop.

To be fair, you lot didnt exactly set the heather alight yourselves.
    They should have drawn to Hearts. At least we scored two goals. We will set up to get a draw at CP.

They should have drawn to Hearts. At least we scored two goals. We will set up to get a draw at CP.

I hope not.

Yesterday showed, yet again, that if we set up protectively we leave ourselves vulnerable. A better team would have went at us yesterday and got something out of that first half.

I hope not.

Yesterday showed, yet again, that if we set up protectively we leave ourselves vulnerable. A better team would have went at us yesterday and got something out of that first half.
    We need to get back to defending like we did earlier in the season. Two banks of 4 at CP and hit them on the break. Will Lafferty be fit? Him and Jelavic could cause them problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Seriously? Ypu thought Hearst deserved a draw. Did you watch the whole game? I didnt see the hibs game but cant comment but for both of us any win now is a 'good win'

Seriously? Ypu thought Hearst deserved a draw. Did you watch the whole game? I didnt see the hibs game but cant comment but for both of us any win now is a 'good win'
    No, I didn't watch the game but Hearts still should have scored the PK normally you would imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭henke

No, I didn't watch the game but Hearts still should have scored the PK normally you would imagine.

If you don't score your penalty you don't deserve your goal. Simple as.

Really looking forward to the next Old Firm now. We will be looking for the win regardless of how many points are between the sides then and I'd guess Rangers would take a point.

henke wrote: »
    If you don't score your penalty you don't deserve your goal. Simple as.

Really looking forward to the next Old Firm now. We will be looking for the win regardless of how many points are between the sides then and I'd guess Rangers would take a point.

I would have said that was the way things were going to be anyway.
    We will set up to hit you on the break though Ally may prove me wrong again and decide to attack you but as far as it goes if it is the same points difference as now I have no doubt Rangers would be happy with a point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,411 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Yes and Celtic missed a couple of good chances and hit the crossbar. A Celtic win was a deserved result

As Paulo Sergio said, they got it tactically perfect (they did all things considered) but who do you blame for Wanyama's goal? Celtic got abit of luck and Hearts can count themselves abit unlucky. Rangers got abit of luck in their match with Griffiths missing his sitter, that was a game changer. The only thing that the results at the weekend proves is that both Celtic and Rangers will ride their luck a few times more this season.

No doubt that McCoist is looking at how Hearts set up their team at the weekend though

• Advertisement

Aluko has had several racist posts aimed at him on Twitter, not a peep from the media or police.

dartbhoy wrote: »
    Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Aluko has had several racist posts aimed at him on Twitter, not a peep from the media or police.
    The only rangers story in STV sports news was about a construction company in court looking for £90,000 that's owed to them by Craig Whyte for a roofing job they done in his castle.

They say it's owed he says it isn't and is fighting it if your going to put stuff up put the full thing rather than the bits that suot

Also this is a personal thing nothing to do with the club

dartbhoy wrote: »
    The only rangers story in STV sports news was about a construction company in court looking for £90,000 that's owed to them by Craig Whyte for a roofing job they done in his castle.

Thats whats pissing me off about the media, thats not a Rangers story, thats a Craig Whyte personal story that has nothing to do with Rangers Football Club.

They say it's owed he says it isn't and is fighting it if your going to put stuff up put the full thing rather than the bits that suot
    Christ almighty your getting your knickers in a twist over nothing again! FFS man fair enough he's denying it are you happy now!

I'll delete my post seeing that ye've got upset over it,FFS!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement