Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

Dempsey wrote: »
    The time period for a going concern is 12 months without being forced into liquidation. That guarantee cannot be given and no accountancy firm will cross the road for them unless they want to join them on the sinking ship. If you were an accountant, would you want to be liable in any way, shape or form for books held by Rangers/Whyte? If you valued your career, you would stay away until the state finish their sitting :)

I'm not an accountant or anything, just I was discussing this the other night with a friend that is and was under the impression that the purpose of the audit was to ensure published accounts were accurate as oppose to the business in itself being secure. Had the board agreed with the auditor on the status of the club as a going concern, the auditor could then sign them off. As I said, I'm only basing this on a conversation I had recently, one in which I freely admit my capacity to take in what was being said to me was somewhat impaired

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

tommyhaas wrote: »
    I'm not an accountant or anything, just I was discussing this the other night with a friend that is and was under the impression that the purpose of the audit was to ensure published accounts were accurate as oppose to the business in itself being secure. Had the board agreed with the auditor on the status of the club as a going concern, the auditor could then sign them off. As I said, I'm only basing this on a conversation I had recently, one in which I freely admit my capacity to take in what was being said to me was somewhat impaired

That is the purpose of an audit but a requirement of being classed as a going concern is functioning without the threat of liquidation for a period of 12 months. Rangers are not in a position to say that they are, or not, because of the tax case. Too many unknowns. There maybe other legal reasons why they cant be independently audited until after the tax case but AFAIK its not by choice that Rangers are hamstrung by the status of their books.

I'm not an accountant either nor would I know the ins and outs of Scottish law.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

whats the story with everyone holding their shoes? sale on at foot locker?

Drug search or an application for the shoe allowance :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Tons of teams do it, Newcastle for example ('Shoes off if you love the Toon').
    Rangers do it with 'Shoe shoe shoe sure it is old but it is beautiful' ;P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,216 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Steven Whittaker out for 6 weeks - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/16495034.stm

Thankfully for you guys it happened near the start of the transfer window as you now have loads of time to find a replacement. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Jesus, it looks like that pic is sponsored by Adidas!
    The working class shoe.. lol

Whittaker won't be missed that much, Bartley is more than a good replacement.

• Advertisement

Did you pick up the JJB deal of 'buy one get one free' rangers tops for you and eirebear too?

Did you pick up the JJB deal of 'buy one get one free' rangers tops for you and eirebear too?

Nope I already get a concession EB and the rest that are going pay full price of sorry one other concession and a lift pass for two:D

Women and their brutal timing, I nearly have an ounce of sympathy for him! :pac:

Women and their brutal timing, I nearly have an ounce of sympathy for him! :pac:

Really a divorce and this is worthy of being in the Rangers thread FFs grabing at straws or what :p

I wouldnt consider a divorce worthy of public interest tbh but the potential impact it has on Whyte's business and Rangers FC is. Imagine a divorce that sinks Rangers, LOL :P

I wouldnt consider a divorce worthy of public interest tbh but the potential impact it has on Whyte's business and Rangers FC is. Imagine a divorce that sinks Rangers, LOL :P

Aye whatever ;)

ams42c.jpg

Aye whatever ;)

Well if Ms Whyte is entitled to half of Rangers well that'll be worth 50p to her when she sells it!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Whittaker won't be missed that much, Bartley is more than a good replacement.

With the amount of injuries Arsenal have at the back is it not a distinct possibility he could be called back to the emirates?

I don't think Wenger rates him high enough, or he wouldn't have let him go out on loan.

With the amount of injuries Arsenal have at the back is it not a distinct possibility he could be called back to the emirates?

Correct me if I'm wrong here but is there not some rule which states that "cross border" loan deals cannot be called back? I think they may have to run their full course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

I don't think Wenger rates him high enough, or he wouldn't have let him go out on loan.
    Correct me if I'm wrong here but is there not some rule which states that "cross border" loan deals cannot be called back? I think they may have to run their full course.

Jelle, he was sent out on loan to get first team experience which at the time at Arsenal was extremely unlikely, the loan deal was to do with hes age and inexperience rather than hes perceived ability and tbh if he is not as good as Squilaci then he may pack it in altogether.

Not really sure on that Bobby have never heard of that stipulation but you may very well be right.

How amateurish is this???!!!

http://www.rangers.co.uk/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

"Coming Soon" ?? :confused:

Surely a mistake, it should read "Going Soon"! :D

PauloMN wrote: »
    "Coming Soon" ?? :confused:

Surely a mistake, it should read "Going Soon"! :D

How amateur is it that they have to take the website "down" in that manner?

Anything so they wont have to say whats going on at the club!

Anything so they wont have to say whats going on at the club!

There were screenshots taken yesterday of the Rangers website running with a story about going into administration. I paid absolutely no head to it cos I thought it was very poorly written and I presumed it was just someone taking the piss, now I'm not so sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

From elsewhere;

hr6AW.jpg

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

hey websites cost a lot when you dont have it, i jest i jest.

K2LOW.png

Looks a lot better than what we have now, tidier.

Still showing the 'coming soon' message to me but it looks alot 'cleaner' than what it was. The previous version was looked amateurish and advertising just lumped onto pages and the navigation was poor.

De ye sell ownership of website off like ye did with the youth and reserve squads? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

I fail to see whats amateurish about getting a new website?

TheBuilder wrote: »
    I fail to see whats amateurish about getting a new website?

There's nothing amateurish about getting a new website... it's the fact that you guys currently have NO website whilst the new one is being cobbled together, why not just leave the original one up until the new one is up and running? Even a tiny rural parish website would do that.

At best it's completely amateurish but when added to all the other stuff going on at the club it's out and out embarrassing... and I love it!

There's nothing amateurish about getting a new website... it's the fact that you guys currently have NO website whilst the new one is being cobbled together, why not just leave the original one up until the new one is up and running? Even a tiny rural parish website would do that.

At best it's completely amateurish but when added to all the other stuff going on at the club it's out and out embarrassing... and I love it!

Its been up and down all day while they put the finishing touches to it, it looks quite good, anything's an improvement on the other one.

Embarrasing? I dont get it.

But as long as your happy you carry on, I'm sure nobody has ever done anything similar :rolleyes:

K2LOW.png

Looks a lot better than what we have now, tidier.

Do you have a link for that image?

Do you have a link for that image?

Its the same web address, it was up earlier but is back down now.

Its been up and down all day while they put the finishing touches to it, it looks quite good, anything's an improvement on the other one.

But as long as your happy you carry on, I'm sure nobody has ever done anything similar :rolleyes:

It's been down ALL day.

Why not do it in tandem like any other two bit company would do?

How many hits have they lost today because folk can't get onto their website? That's lost revenue, something you can ill afford, lost ticket sales and lost merchandise sales... all because they can't leave the old one up until they're ready to go "live" with the new one.

But hey don't take my word for it, ask anyone that works in IT what they think of how you guys have done this and they'll laugh at the amateurishness of it!

Waffle tbh, you build a website offline then you make the switch with the live website at an offpeak time and the switch takes all of 1 minute to do. What is happening at the moment is amateurish but I suppose you get what you pay for.

• Advertisement

It's been down ALL day.

Why not do it in tandem like any other two bit company would do?

How many hits have they lost today because folk can't get onto their website? That's lost revenue, something you can ill afford, lost ticket sales and lost merchandise sales... all because they can't leave the old one up until they're ready to go "live" with the new one.

But hey don't take my word for it, ask anyone that works in IT what they think of how you guys have done this and they'll laugh at the amateurishness of it!

It's not been down all day at all, I was on it earlier getting tickets for Aberdeen next week! There was a few links not working and its been taken back down.

If it was down all day where did the screen shot come from? Or have you been that desperate to find something to slag us off with you've sat all day refreshing it? I guess not, and thats why you missed when it was live.

It was up earlier.

Waffle tbh, you build a website offline then you make the switch with the live website at an offpeak time and the switch takes all of 1 minute to do. What is happening at the moment is amateurish but I suppose you get what you pay for.

See above what I said to Bobby.

It's not been down all day at all, I was on it earlier getting tickets for Aberdeen next week! There was a few links not working and its been taken back down.

If it was down all day where did the screen shot come from? Or have you been that desperate to find something to slag us off with you've sat all day refreshing it? I guess not, and thats why you missed when it was live.

It was up earlier.

They have messed up the transition from the old website to the new one. Plain and simple.

Brave man ordering something off a website thats not fully functional

They have messed up the transition from the old website to the new one. Plain and simple.

Brave man ordering something off a website thats not fully functional

Sounds amateurish to me

Spoke too soon, it's back up again http://www.rangersfc2012.co.uk/

Comedy genius right there! :)

Comedy genius right there! :)

At least that one works.

You must be desperate for thanks that's the second time you have done similar ah well as long as it keeps you amused ;)

You must be desperate for thanks that's the second time you have done similar ah well as long as it keeps you amused ;)

Thanks for what?? It does keep me amused, how dare I? :D

• Advertisement

It was up earlier.

You're completely missing the point though... forget that it's me that's bringing this to your attention, just go and talk to anyone in IT and they'll tell you how amateur this is.

I've tried approx 20 times to get onto your website today (since maybe 11:30am) and have failed each time. I just tried again at 6:30pm and still can't get on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement