Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Dempsey wrote: »
    Unbelievable

@mattslaterbbc
    Matt Slater
    Ticketus: #Rangers are one of many clubs we deal with. We're happy with terms agreed some time ago & nothing has changed our view...

mattslaterbbc Matt Slater
    Ticketus (cont): We do lots of deals with sports clubs and do substantial due diligence on each counterparty #rangers #rfc

If we're skint and on the verge of administration, shouldn't they be worried about ever seeing their money again ?
    Instead they come out with this.

Funny though, when it's negative towards Celtic Young and Traynor are slated, but when one of them sticks the knife into Rangers it's all gospel ?

edit: How about actually coming up with something else than 'YOU SO BLIND LOL'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    I know they are, doesn't mean it's right.

Of course not, that was my point. Different media outlets are reporting wildly differing figures when it comes to transfers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

I never cease to be amazed and astounded by the lack of reaction from Rangers fans. Incredible is not the word.
    You think we have the money? No we don't. As fans, we can do nothing.

I also have to laugh at bobby.

What reaction do you expect ?
    Get on a plane and take a **** on Whyte's doorstep ?

As fans we're powerless.
    That doesn't mean in the slightest that we agree with what's happening, which is what you seem to imply.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Is that why Ticketus have already responsed that they are happy about the deal struck with Rangers ?

If they are a secured creditor then they have security over Rangers assets, they will absolutely strip your club bare to the tune of 4 years worth of season tickets if Rangers can't pay them back. Why wouldn't they be happy with the deal?

I believe the only way this could work out as a good deal for Rangers is if there is a very significant increase in numbers buying season tickets over those 4 years, that's not going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭RoryMac

KeithAFC wrote: »

You could be asking questions of Whyte, what the actual situation is at Rangers, how he plans to get out of it when future income has been reduced with the mortgaging of season ticket sales, selling off merchandising, selling of your youth academy etc.

The one thing i find very hard to understand about this whole thing is why Rangers fans haven't been pushing for answers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I never cease to be amazed and astounded by the lack of reaction from Rangers fans. Incredible is not the word.

Rangers are selling their revenue streams long term for a short term gain that is non existent.

Thats youth development, hospitality, merchandising, season tickets that have been sold off long term. The short-sightedness of all these deal is mind boggling. They really should have taken administration years ago and protected their revenue streams from this. This way, they go into administration with almost every asset outsourced already. Disaster!

Well at least stand up and demand some answers from the charlatan who owns your club. Oh wait thats not very dignified is it? Not the rangers way to question authority. Unbelievable. ffs grow a set will ye.

If they are a secured creditor then they have security over Rangers assets, they will absolutely strip your club bare to the tune of 4 years worth of season tickets if Rangers can't pay them back. Why wouldn't they be happy with the deal?

I believe the only way this could work out as a good deal for Rangers is if there is a very significant increase in numbers buying season tickets over those 4 years, that's not going to happen.

Whyte is the main creditor as of now, if it goes tits up he will get first picks.

And trust me, Rangers Boards are rife with people who demand clarification from Whyte and the rest of the club.

Sadly enough the main attendance at Ibrox are happy enough to eat their pie and moan about the players.

The RST in all of this has been disgraceful too, not a single peep from them.

Well at least stand up and demand some answers from the charlatan who owns your club. Oh wait thats not very dignified is it? Not the rangers way to question authority. Unbelievable. ffs grow a set will ye.
    Questions are being asked but you don't expect Craig Whyte to give us all the inner details do you?

For me, it is clear we have no money. We could go into administration and it is important we just save the club.

• Advertisement

@mattslaterbbc
    Matt Slater
    Ticketus: #Rangers are one of many clubs we deal with. We're happy with terms agreed some time ago & nothing has changed our view...

mattslaterbbc Matt Slater
    Ticketus (cont): We do lots of deals with sports clubs and do substantial due diligence on each counterparty #rangers #rfc

If we're skint and on the verge of administration, shouldn't they be worried about ever seeing their money again ?
    Instead they come out with this.

Funny though, when it's negative towards Celtic Young and Traynor are slated, but when one of them sticks the knife into Rangers it's all gospel ?

edit: How about actually coming up with something else than 'YOU SO BLIND LOL'

Young's numbers aren't wrong, the implication of the timeframe usually taken by most clubs when dealing with Ticketus isnt wrong.

The difference is that when they are talking ****e about Celtic, we can back up why we think its ****e, you cant but continue to deflect and stick your head in the sand for no good reason.

Questions are being asked but you don't expect Craig Whyte to give us all the inner details do you?

For me, it is clear we have no money. We could go into administration and it is important we just save the club.

How will you get out of administration if you have sold off large chunks of your future income?

What reaction do you expect ?
    Get on a plane and take a **** on Whyte's doorstep ?

As fans we're powerless.
    That doesn't mean in the slightest that we agree with what's happening, which is what you seem to imply.

tbh it does seem that ye will blindly back whoever is in charge of your club regardless. I give you Keith's take on it...
    If anything, Craig Whyte to me seems like the sort of owner who would be good if the club was ran in a proper way and wasn't over spending.

I mean honestly:D

So just lie down and roll over eh?? I cant imagine fans of another club being as gullible and allowing themselves to be walked all over as ye are. What about the old british bulldog spirit? Pathetic, ye deserve everything ye get but i do feel sorry for genuine fans of the club like bbe on here for example.

tbh it does seem that ye will blindly back whoever is in charge of your club regardless. I give you Keith's take on it...

I mean honestly:D
    What is wrong with saying that?

Craig Whyte is obviously not interested in spending much at Rangers. If the club was ran properly and only spent what it earned, he would be a good owner. The problem is he seems to have no money (large amounts for a football club anyway) and we are in a really bad way financially.

So just lie down and roll over eh?? I cant imagine fans of another club being as gullible and allowing themselves to be walked all over as ye are. What about the old british bulldog spirit? Pathetic, ye deserve everything ye get but i do feel sorry for genuine fans of the club like bbe on here for example.
    You want the supporters to organise mass protests against Craig Whyte? You have to remember that Craig Whyte was the only guy interested and apparently without him we would have folded.

It is hard times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

We offered 900k for Holt, Norwich want 2m. We're going back with an improved offer, 901k probably!

You want the supporters to organise mass protests against Craig Whyte? You have to remember that Craig Whyte was the only guy interested and apparently without him we would have folded.

It is hard times.

That is true but you could ask him for more transparency in what he does.

Why doesnt Rangers go down the PLC route to raise working capital?

Is it that hard to understand that we as fans are pretty much powerless at this point ?

There's only a few options:

1. Wait until the tax case is resolved, and whatever way it goes start protesting for change.
    2. Get the money together ourselves to get rid of Whyte.
    3. Get violent.

Now, I know which one I would choose.

Look at how you were in 1994, it took McCann to step in to save you, despite protests from the fans.
    I actually hope his example is followed at Rangers, I could totally live with a few years of on-field downsizing if it meant the survival of the club in the long term.

• Advertisement

How exactly do we 'blindly back' whoever is on charge ?

Is it that hard for you to understand that we as fans are pretty much powerless at this point ?

There's only a few options:

1. Wait until the tax case is resolved, and whatever way it goes start protesting for change.
    2. Get the money together ourselves to get rid of Whyte.
    3. Get violent.

Now, I know which one I would choose.

Rangers are going under regardless of the tax case, the current situation is untenable, the tax case will only determine the severity of the situation.

I do agree there is little that can be done now but still find it hard to believe there hasn't been more pressure from Rangers fans for answers.

The problem is the fans are so divided, it's unreal.

There's even people wishing Murray was back, ****ing joke that is.

Perhaps the next home game should be used as a mass protest but will it get results?

The problem is the fans are so divided, it's unreal.

There's even people wishing Murray was back, ****ing joke that is.

Yeah i was looking at the BBC transfer deadline ticker thing and a few Rangers fans are wondering where Jelavic's replacement is? :o

TBH i don't think the media did you any favors in this either, they showed no interest in the story before it was too late. It's hard to convince people there is a problem when everyone else insists things are good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Jelavic deal now official, he will be paraded on the pitch at half time in the Everton game tonight

Jelavic deal now official, he will be paraded on the pitch at half time in the Everton game tonight

£5.5m according to STV, bit of a drop from the £9m offered in August

• Advertisement

Plus possible addons.

As for people not happy about the Jelavic sale:

0d303dfa.jpg

:D

Is that Craig Whyte demanding his £9m?

Perhaps the next home game should be used as a mass protest but will it get results?

This is what i mean. At least give expression to your frustration instead of deflecting, ignoring etc etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

I think it is you who refuses to accept that nothing has happened.The Rangers is a philosophy. The current club is still going but I have no doubt if this current club did go out of business, a new one would just start up.

Perhaps it is time celtic fans just focus on their own club. But then again, we are Scottish football.

What does the AFC mean in your name??

Tell me rangers never sold jelavic for 5.5 million (oh there he is being paraded at Goodison now lol), after knocking back bids of 9 million and 7 million.

Did they???

Will you be there at the next home game?
    Why not organise something and keep us updated on here of how you get on with it.
    So far you'll have Jelle, BBE, EB, Brewster and The Builder to join you.

TO THE CARPARK

• Advertisement

The carpark is a Celtic thing ;)

5,5 seems to be the fee, plus possible addons.
    Seems like he had to go, regardless of the fee.

Think the difference is that Everton offered more cash up front.

The carpark is a Celtic thing ;)

5,5 seems to be the fee, plus possible addons.
    Seems like he had to go, regardless of the fee.

Think the difference is that Everton offered more cash up front.

The extra cash you should be able to get Holt in tonight then. An extra £1.1million I believe?

ps, just wheel out 'the protest midget' :)

Plus possible addons.

As for people not happy about the Jelavic sale:

0d303dfa.jpg

:D

http://i42.tinypic.com/acqv0m.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

According to the ever reliable Sky Sports:rolleyes: Rangers and Celtic are interested in signing Portsmouth striker Futacs,link; www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7468944/?

McCoist will rightly be pi$$ed if this is true.
    Ally McCoist failed to convince Rangers chairman Craig Whyte to release funds to sanction deadline day additions to his squad, STV understands.

A meeting was held between the pair at Ibrox on Tuesday evening, with McCoist arriving with a copy of the club's injury list to emphasise his need for fresh blood.

Striker Nikica Jelavic has been sold to Everton in a deal worth £5m plus add-ons, representing the loss of a player who has scored 17 goals for the club this season.

McCoist had identified Norwich City striker Grant Holt as a replacement for the Croatian, and had hoped to get a chunk from the sale of Jelavic to table a significant bid for the 30-year-old.

Rangers instead tabled a cut-price officer for the Englishman, which was instantly rebuffed.

McCoist had other possible targets - St Johnstone’s Francisco Sandaza, Rapid Vienna’s Hamdi Salihi and Falkirk’s Kallum Higginbottom.

But the club hierarchy decided not to make a last minute move for any of the trio, with McCoist leaving Ibrox ashen-faced following his unsuccessful meeting.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/rangers/295827-rangers-boss-fails-to-convince-board-to-sanction-signings/?

True, but like I said: He has to shoulder part of the blame for that.

The extent of the financial problems at Rangers has finally dawned on their fans despite the majority of them during the season refusing to accept that the club was in big trouble. Personally it brings no great satisfaction to me that rangers are in serious trouble. For them to lose a player to Hibs says enough IMO.

Ally might just pack it in but then it is our hour of need. Craig Whyte needs to just come out and say we have no money. 1 million bid for Holt? Hahaha. Yeah right.

dartbhoy wrote: »
    The extent of the financial problems at Rangers has finally dawned on their fans despite the majority of them during the season refusing to accept that the club was in big trouble. Personally it brings no great satisfaction to me that rangers are in serious trouble. For them to lose a player to Hibs says enough IMO.

I don't think there was one Bear who denied the club was in trouble, you can't look past HMRC.

But yeah, I think the true problems are now becoming clear to most.

• Advertisement

Ally might just pack it in but then it is our hour of need. Craig Whyte needs to just come out and say we have no money. 1 million bid for Holt? Hahaha. Yeah right.

What does AFC in your name mean?

I don't think there was one Bear who denied the club was in trouble, you can't look past HMRC.

But yeah, I think the true problems are now becoming clear to most.
    I'd suppose it was hard for Rangers fans to accept they were in trouble but it has become clear as day now there is serious financial problems at the club. Personally I think Whyte should have been more upfront with the fans about the problems facing the club. Rangers fans have given him huge backing despite serious question marks been raised about him on TV programmes and newspapers.

dartbhoy wrote: »
    I'd suppose it was hard for Rangers fans to accept they were in trouble but it has become clear as day now there is serious financial problems at the club. Personally I think Whyte should have been more upfront with the fans about the problems facing the club. Rangers fans have given him huge backing despite serious question marks been raised about him on TV programmes and newspapers.

Given that some of the doubts have come from Phil Mac then Rangers fans simply refused to believe them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,216 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

More bad news... Your full accounts for last year won't be published until 2013!!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/9052393/Craig-Whyte-delays-publication-of-Rangers-holding-company-accounts.html?

Craig Whyte delays publication of Rangers holding company accounts
    Rangers owner Craig Whyte has moved to delay publication of the first accounts of the holding company for his investment in the club (which was incorporated on September 2010) until April of this year.

Going public: Craig Whyte wrote an open letter to Rangers fans on the club's website yesterday Photo:

By Ewing Grahame and Roddy Forsyth10:30PM GMT 31 Jan 2012

Intriguingly, Whyte has also shortened the accounts to include just the first six months of its existence.

Documents lodged with Companies House state that it will only reveal the accounts until April 2011. Those accounts will now be published on April 16.

Wavetower Limited, the original holding company, was renamed The Rangers FC Group Limited after buying control of the club from Sir David Murray for £1 the following month.

It is not illegal to shorten accounts but the decision to do so means that Whyte has nine months’ grace to provide full disclosure of the company’s subsequent financial dealings.

As a result, they do not now need to be made public until January 2013. Rangers will shortly discover the verdict in their court battle with Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs, with the club potentially facing a £49 million bill if they lose.

There is also a smaller tax dispute over £2.8 million to be settled, while it has been reported that HMRC are investigating the club for possible non-payment of VAT, an allegation Whyte denies.

As The Daily Telegraph exclusively revealed on Jan 20, Rangers will also be legally bound to refund £7.7 million to debenture holders – who pledged that money to fund the building of the Club Deck in 1991 – should the club be placed in administration.

When asked by The Daily Telegraph in September if he had mortgaged season ticket sales to guarantee income, Whyte replied: “No.”

Yesterday, however, he acknowledged in a statement on the club website that a deal had been struck to advance money from season tickets yet unsold.

In an open letter to Rangers supporters, Whyte stated: “What is true is that Rangers, like many other clubs, has a financing arrangement in place with a company called Ticketus which enables the club to receive revenue from a portion of season ticket sales in advance.

“There is nothing unusual or untoward in this arrangement which was put in place at the club long before my takeover last year and was used by the previous management. For members of that regime to criticise the use of a scheme they put in place is, frankly, outrageous.

“This is a perfectly straightforward way of raising working capital for the club. Money from season ticket sales goes directly to the club and is used for the club’s operations and that remains the case.

“In effect, all this financing arrangement does is release the revenue to the club earlier.”
    Whyte also stated: “The overarching issue that affects Rangers financially is the HMRC tax tribunal, which has been hanging over the club for many years and long before I became chairman. As I have said many times before, the sooner that is resolved the better.

“In terms of the playing squad, you may know the club has agreed a fee with Everton for the transfer of Nikica Jelavic. We wish the player well and thank him for his contribution.

“Investment in the playing squad has been a thorny issue since I took over the club in May and is the source of endless debate, much of it ill-informed. I want to set the record straight.

“In the summer transfer window last year we conducted 14 different pieces of transfer business, more than any other club in Scotland. This included new signings and improvement to existing contracts with key players, increasing the players’ wage bill significantly.

“We now have a first team squad of 30 which includes 18 full internationalists. Admittedly, there were transfer targets we did not secure but that is not uncommon.

“As chairman, I have supported Ally McCoist in his choice of targets and will continue to do so.”

:)
    Craig Whyte delays publication of Rangers holding company accounts
    Rangers owner Craig Whyte has moved to delay publication of the first accounts of the holding company for his investment in the club (which was incorporated on September 2010) until April of this year.

Intriguingly, Whyte has also shortened the accounts to include just the first six months of its existence.
    Documents lodged with Companies House state that it will only reveal the accounts until April 2011. Those accounts will now be published on April 16.
    Wavetower Limited, the original holding company, was renamed The Rangers FC Group Limited after buying control of the club from Sir David Murray for £1 the following month.
    It is not illegal to shorten accounts but the decision to do so means that Whyte has nine months’ grace to provide full disclosure of the company’s subsequent financial dealings.
    As a result, they do not now need to be made public until January 2013. Rangers will shortly discover the verdict in their court battle with Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs, with the club potentially facing a £49 million bill if they lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,216 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Given that some of the doubts have come from Phil Mac then Rangers fans simply refused to believe them.

Been saying it for months, all their energy is going into trying to prove Timmy wrong rather than actually querying what's going on!!!

Supposedly on tomorrow's Scottish Sun there's a story that the 2 giant TV screens that were in Ibrox are up for sale online on e-bay!

Am I right thinking no accounts means no licence to play in Europe?

The time of the TV documentary on Whyte when I and many other Celtic fans raised questions about Whyte we got read the riot act by some of the Rangers posters on here!

• Advertisement

one in and ten out, that's 11 pieces of business by the rangers
    Our confirmed transfer window business is as follows:

In
    Mervan Celik (GAIS Gothenburg).

Out
    Nikica Jelavic (Everton, £5.5million)
    Kyle Hutton (Dunfermline, loan)
    David Weir (contract ended)
    Thomas Kind Bendiksen (Tromso)
    Darren Cole (Partick Thistle, loan)