Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

KeithAFC wrote: »
    You are getting boring now.

Why not answer a question then?? What does AFC mean??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Somehow the quoted post below was posted in the wrong thread so I will I will pop it in here

Brewster wrote: »
    I was very sorry to hear that Nikica Jelavic has left Rangers. The Scottish Premier League is undoubtedly a poorer league losing one of it's best players. Jelavic always said he had ambitions of playing in Premiership in England and with the current financial problems surrounding club who could blame him? It is a massive shot in the arm for Celtic. I remember saying this time last year that when Rangers sold Kenny Miller they were handing the title to Celtic but it didn't turn out that way. However, I just can't see history repeating itself this season. The title is Celtic's to lose now, I think the difference in squad's now is at an all time high. It is very sad to read some of the problems facing Rangers. Yes it is great for Celtic fans to have a laugh, but ultimately Celtic need a strong Rangers and vice versa. There is no getting away from this. I hope Rangers can recover, much like Celtic they are a great club with some magnificent fans who deserve better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

The KeithAFC,

Given your stance regarding the cook sacked by the caterers in Rangers for standing in front of a Republican mural, I presume you are now going to support a call for the sacking of David Healy?

The Keith,

You gonna answer or flip flop?

Any sign of Brewster these days??

I'd imagine he's still posting away on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

The Keith,

Have any of the teddy bears here anything to say about this?

The sooner this rotten club disappears the better.

Hurry up HMRC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

The Keith,

Don't know the full story in regards to the picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

bobmalooka wrote: »
    The sooner this rotten club disappears the better.

Hurry up HMRC

Keep dreaming.

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Keep dreaming.

quit dodging, please tell us what action (if any) Rangers should take against David Healy for posing with that sicko?

Or is this sort of behaviour ok now?

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Did you know the full story about the canteen workers picture before you cast judgement?

Bye Bye Rangers

Morally bankrupt

Soon to be financially bankrupt

• Advertisement

Did you know the full story about the canteen workers picture before you cast judgement?

Bye Bye Rangers

Morally bankrupt

Soon to be financially bankrupt
    Ok. You have made your point.

Ok. You have made your point.

please elaborate...

please elaborate...
    You have ranted and raved enough. I don't see the point of it. It isn't going to intimidate anyone.

You have ranted and raved enough. I don't see the point of it. It isn't going to intimidate anyone.

That's not my intention, now back on topic please...David Healy.

Should he be fired?

That's not my intention, now back on topic please...David Healy.

Should he be fired?
    No. He should get a pay rise.

quit dodging, please tell us what action (if any) Rangers should take against David Healy for posing with that sicko?

Or is this sort of behaviour ok now?

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

You need to read before you post ****e, I've already spoke my mind about that.

Do you have any idea if Healy was aware of who he was standing next to ?
    Could be that he knew, could also be that he was asked to pose for a pic next to an older man he didn't know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

That's one thing he won't be getting at Rangers..

ColeTrain wrote: »
    That's one thing he won't be getting at Rangers..
    :D Sadly you are right. He is only one of the few strikers we have now who is scoring some goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Careful Keith, you're showing your true colours again...

Dempsey wrote: »
    Yeah, a pay rise because he seems to be the only striker scoring for us at the moment. I won't get into the picture debate as it is silly and just an excuse to have a pop at Rangers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭nordydan

What Healy did will go down well with true Rangers fans

• Advertisement

nordydan wrote: »
    What Healy did will go down well with true Rangers fans

Yeah, because we're all UDA/UVF/YCV/... supporting bigots.

Piss off will you ?

Yeah, a pay rise because he seems to be the only striker scoring for us at the moment. I won't get into the picture debate as it is silly and just an excuse to have a pop at Rangers.

Yea, he's setting the heather on fire!! LOL

It wasnt silly when yer man was getting suspended for standing in front of a mural , in fact you had the shoe on the other foot from what I recall. You're fooling nobody tbh.

Yea, he's setting the heather on fire!! LOL

It wasnt silly when yer man was getting suspended for standing in front of a mural , in fact you had the shoe on the other foot from what I recall. You're fooling nobody tbh.
    I give my opinion on that incident. I don't think we should comment on it any further.

I give my opinion on that incident. I don't think we should comment on it any further.

You had alot to say about yer man standing in front of republican murals
    Being investigated. Which is only right. Not acceptable to be posing with such pictures.
    The key point is he is working at Ibrox which has a huge support in Northern Ireland and a decent number of players from N.I. The last thing the club needs is people working at Ibrox who revel in that sort of thing.
    Players from a Unionist background mate. They won't like it. That is all.
    Well, if they are anti PIRA, then they are in the right in my opinion.

You keep you bigoted thoughts to yourself when Healy gives a thumbs up with a terrorist. Come on, lets hear what you really think

You had alot to say about yer man standing in front of republican murals

You keep you bigoted thoughts to yourself when Healy gives a thumbs up with a terrorist. Come on, lets hear what you really think
    You are entitled to think what you want. Like I said, I don't know the full details of the story.

You are entitled to think what you want. Like I said, I don't know the full details of the story.

That hasnt stopped you before, why is it stopping it now?

That hasnt stopped you before, why is it stopping it now?
    Well I did know the details of the story before. In regards to the person in question who worked for a company at Ibrox standing next to IRA terrorist murals.

Well I did know the details of the story before. In regards to the person in question who worked for a company at Ibrox standing next to IRA terrorist murals.

The person is question is a player owned by Rangers standing beside a known terrorist giving the thumbs up. You know just as much about this incident as the one before.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

...and the master-class in avoiding the question continues...

No point lads, The Keith will never admit on here to being what we all know he is. ;)

“I have seen the pictures and find them abhorrent. It raises questions about how someone who follows that kind of terrorist agenda can work for Rangers.

“It is terrible that a man who supports any proscribed terrorist organisation can end up with a job at a football club.

“People fail to realise that their activities online can be clearly and easily tracked.

“This shows that people should use social networking sites responsibly and not as a vehicle to propagate their repulsive views.”

Thats what Steven Smith of the Rangers Supporters Trust said about the chef!!

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2012/01/17/rangers-suspend-chef-after-pictures-of-him-posing-next-to-ira-shrines-appear-on-his-facebook-page-86908-23703564/

Wonder what he has to say about David Healy or is he as flummoxed as KeithAFC about the whole thing.

Morally and ethically bankrupt if Healy isnt disciplined in public by the club and slated by the RST

• Advertisement

PauloMN wrote: »
    ...and the master-class in avoiding the question continues...

No point lads, The Keith will never admit on here to being what we all know he is. ;)
    I did answer the question. I don't know if David Healy will get punished or not. I suppose we will need to wait and find out the full details of the story.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I did answer the question. I don't know if David Healy will get punished or not. I suppose we will need to wait and find out the full details of the story.

The question was, if I am correct here, do you think he should get punished? In your opinion.

PauloMN wrote: »
    The question was, if I am correct here, do you think he should get punished? In your opinion.
    My opinion is Rangers should look at it and then make a decision on it. Footballing wise, it might not be the right time because of the options we have upfront. So it might be difficult for them.

My opinion is Rangers should look at it and then make a decision on it. Footballing wise, it might not be the right time because of the options we have upfront. So it might be difficult for them.

True, too difficult to compete financially with Celtic, ye just did some tax fraud to get an advantage. Ye deserve to go to the wall if ye protect him

True, too difficult to compete financially with Celtic, ye just did some tax fraud to get an advantage. Ye deserve to go to the wall if ye protect him
    At worst we will go into administration. But we will be back and winning again. Can still win this title too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

This is where I am on this, I don't believe the Chef should have been suspended and I don't believe Healy should be. I think that both of them should have had a bit more common sense but dont deserve punishment. However I do have to point out the absolute outrage that was expressed at the young chef both on here and by other partys (rangers supporters trust I think correct me if im wrong) and complete justification of Healys photo op. Both incidents should be treated the same. Not the first time Mr. Healy has been involved in controversy is it...

i couldnt care less what david healy does in his own time. its the hypocisy shown by the rst and some rangers supporters that is shameful

There's more than enough things to have a POP at the rangers for just now, these photos are just a way to show you up for your hypocrisy.
    AvoidingFC

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Like anyone would need an excuse to have a pop at Rangers

• Advertisement

Whyte has come out in the Sun, claiming that both Bain and McLelland also used EBT's for themselves, bunch of tossers that they are.

edit:
    RAGING Rangers chief Craig Whyte last night launched a blistering attack on the former directors he says took the club to the brink of COLLAPSE.

The Ibrox chairman hit back after being accused of using season ticket cash to finance his regime.
    Whyte was slated by ex-chairman Alastair Johnston and directors John McClelland and Paul Murray who put the boot into the man in charge of the troubled SPL champs.

Now in a stunning SunSport exclusive he has fired back and rapped: "They have all been sitting there for years making a financial mess of Rangers.

Now they are throwing stones at the man who is in trying to clear it up!

"They are slagging me off but where was Paul Murray when the club was up for sale for three years?

"How much money did Alastair Johnston put into Rangers?"

In a sensational twist Whyte revealed that former chairman McClelland and ex- chief executive Martin Bain had Employee Benefit Trusts — the controversial schemes that have plunged the club into their tax crisis.

Whyte said: "They took big salaries out and operated a tax scheme that has driven this club to the brink.

"There is no question that there is a vendetta against me by the old board. They wanted the club to themselves and I spoiled their plans.

"Now instead of getting on with their lives their anger is increasing.

"These guys don't get a hard time and I find that unbelievable. Some people are rewriting history and saying they did a good job.

"What planet are those people living on?"

The old Gers hierarchy have lined up to voice fears over Whyte's Rangers regime as the £6million sale of top scorer Nikica Jelavic to Everton with no replacement brought in leaves fans fretting over the future.

But Whyte countered: "I wasn't surprised by the outbursts as certain people have been sniping since Day One.

"I was disappointed, though, to see John Greig and John McClelland being negative about the club."

Greatest Ever Ranger Greig quit his work as a director and ambassador claiming he had become isolated under the new regime.

He said he found it "disturbing" that season ticket cash was being sold off and insisted: "It is painful when I see what is happening."

Whyte, though, feels that Greig should not have been laying into the club as they face one of their toughest ever battles.

The Gers chief said: "It is very disappointing because I consider John Greig to be a true Rangers legend.

"I understand his concerns, we have a big job to do, I make no bones about that.

"I always felt John and I had a decent relationship so, yes, his involvement in particular was disappointing."
    RANGERS chairman Craig Whyte has been battered from pillar to post in the toughest week of his Ibrox reign.
    Rocked by allegations of using Gers fans' season ticket money to finance his plans.

Slaughtered by the old Ibrox hierarchy who accused him of stripping the champions of their dignity.

Gutted by the £6million loss of prize asset Nikica Jelavic to Everton and the failure to find a replacement before the transfer window slammed shut.

Yesterday the Gers supremo came out fighting. The Rangers fans had demanded answers to the questions haunting them.

SunSport turned the spotlight on the under-fire owner of their troubled club.

This is what he said...

You have been accused of using Gers fans' season-ticket money to finance your regime. How do you react to that?

"They throw up this figure of £24.4m and say we have sold off four years of season-ticket money.

"The deal is actually for three years but don't let the facts get in the way of a good story, eh?

"The deal is also fully underwritten by one of my companies. There is no risk to Rangers fans whatsoever.

"I want to tell the fans that the money they put into Rangers stays in Rangers.

"I can reassure the fans that any money we get in is used to run the club and nothing else.

"I have a personal commitment of £25m in Rangers and I have never taken a penny out of the club.

"I don't take expenses and I travel on my own coin — unlike those who are sniping in the background."

The allegations centre around a deal with the firm Ticketus. Is it the case that they had been used by the Rangers board BEFORE your takeover?

"Yes, Rangers had used this company for two years before I was ever involved. I spoke to Ticketus because I knew it was a liability coming up after the takeover.

"A ballpark figure for that would be £7m so I spoke to them and we decided we would roll over the facility.

"It is a perfectly standard way to operate and I don't criticise the old board for using it."

It was claimed by former chairman Alastair Johnston that Ticketus' parent company Octopus was now sole creditor of Rangers and not yourself. Is this true?

"No, again, that is total 100 per cent c***
    and I think legally actionable.

"Octopus are not the secured creditor of Rangers. I am.

"That's the sort of thing that is easy to check out but no one even bothered.

"That's how you end up with egg on your face, looking stupid."

So much of Rangers' troubles with the taxman centre around the use of Employee Benefit Trusts (EBTs) — the so-called offshore payments. What can you tell us about those?

"The bitter irony here is that former director John McClelland has an EBT and so does the ex-chief executive Martin Bain. The EBTs were stopped the day that I took over. Now we are in a world of uncertainty and if this tax case goes against us we will have a huge problem."

Can you explain the claim that £5m of VAT has not been paid?

"It is absolute nonsense and again I am speaking to lawyers on that one. Over the last two days I have faced claims, 75 per cent of which like that one have simply no basis in fact.

"I inherited £18m worth of bank debt and we had a lease on the Albion Car Park which we did a deal for.

"Then there are trading debts, transfers and we have spent £4m refurbishing Ibrox."

Rangers fans are hurting after the loss of Jelavic with Steven Naismith out for the season and Kyle Lafferty also injured. Can this squad keep the title?

"We know it will be tough but we feel on the whole that we have improved the team since the summer. Bocanegra and Goian have been good business and we invested £1.5m in Lee Wallace.

"We extended contracts in the summer for Davis, McGregor and Whittaker.

"There are big costs in that and hidden ones in £1m of agents' fees.

"Now I hate paying that out but you have to it in this business. Few understand that those deals were the equivalent of going out and spending £15m."

Is there money to keep the likes of Edu and Lafferty on new deals?

"Yes, my caveat though would be that the deals have to be sustainable. If they want double their wages then it won't happen but I want to give us the best team possible."

Is Sone Aluko an example of the kind of bargain you have to think of now?

"That was a great bit of business and he is one we will certainly be looking to extend a deal with. That was a smart deal and it's the sort of thing we need to look at now.

"That has to be part of our business model now because the money is not there as it once was.

"The problem is Rangers fans have not been used to that over the last 15 or 20 years."

Fans fear it could be McGregor or Davis next...

"We don't have to sell a big player in each window, that's not the position. We could have sought offers for those players in January but we didn't."

How have you found the reaction from the fans? Do you feel they are behind you?

"I find that many realise what we are going through.

"I went to the Family Section in the Broomloan Stand on Saturday and got a great reaction.

"That sustains me because I see what this club means to people. Look, someone has to do this job and if it wasn't me then it would be someone else.

"It will be satisfying when it is done and I don't regret coming in.

"This job is a privilege even if there are days when you wake up and wonder why you did it.

"One day I will wake up and know I have helped turn Rangers round and that will be the biggest job of my life. That is what I signed up for."

What about an AGM? Why has one not been held so far?

"We can't have an AGM until we have the accounts signed off.

"We can't get the accounts signed off until we have more clarity on the tax case. It's chicken and egg. The main purpose of an AGM is to sign off the accounts and we can't do that yet.

"I still think we will have it before the end of March."

Do you have any date from HMRC for an outcome to the Tribunal and an end to the tax saga?

"They don't give you a date, that's not how it works.

"People under-estimate how tough it is to run the business in these circumstances.

"Less money comes in because you have corporate fans who paid a year in advance going game by game.

"Then suppliers who gave you 60 days' credit want new deals. It is a battle and we have to get the message across that this is the reality of life at Rangers now.

"We have been the whipping boys for long enough, I just want the picture to be clear of what we are trying to work through here."

Would you appeal any HMRC decision if it went badly against you?

"We will have to assess that but I think Rangers fans are sick of living through this now.

"I feel the same as the fans but my sleeves are rolled up and we will get this sorted out."

Finally, is administration for Rangers inevitable now?

"No, it is not inevitable and if we can avoid it then we will.

"On the other hand I can't say that it won't happen either.

"All I can say is that I will do all I can in my power to avoid that situation."

While I think it's an ok interview that answers some things, I can't help but feel that he shouldn't keep directing his anger at the previous board and answer the questions at hand.

But I don't know if I should believe him or not, but the fact about Bain and McLelland, and then Bain has the nerve to sue the club ?

C*nt.

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Whyte has come out in the Sun, claiming that both Bain and McLelland also used EBT's for themselves, bunch of tossers that they are.

edit:
    RAGING Rangers chief Craig Whyte last night launched a blistering attack on the former directors he says took the club to the brink of COLLAPSE.

The Ibrox chairman hit back after being accused of using season ticket cash to finance his regime.
    Whyte was slated by ex-chairman Alastair Johnston and directors John McClelland and Paul Murray who put the boot into the man in charge of the troubled SPL champs.

Now in a stunning SunSport exclusive he has fired back and rapped: "They have all been sitting there for years making a financial mess of Rangers.

Now they are throwing stones at the man who is in trying to clear it up!

"They are slagging me off but where was Paul Murray when the club was up for sale for three years?

"How much money did Alastair Johnston put into Rangers?"

In a sensational twist Whyte revealed that former chairman McClelland and ex- chief executive Martin Bain had Employee Benefit Trusts — the controversial schemes that have plunged the club into their tax crisis.

Whyte said: "They took big salaries out and operated a tax scheme that has driven this club to the brink.

"There is no question that there is a vendetta against me by the old board. They wanted the club to themselves and I spoiled their plans.

"Now instead of getting on with their lives their anger is increasing.

"These guys don't get a hard time and I find that unbelievable. Some people are rewriting history and saying they did a good job.

"What planet are those people living on?"

The old Gers hierarchy have lined up to voice fears over Whyte's Rangers regime as the £6million sale of top scorer Nikica Jelavic to Everton with no replacement brought in leaves fans fretting over the future.

But Whyte countered: "I wasn't surprised by the outbursts as certain people have been sniping since Day One.

"I was disappointed, though, to see John Greig and John McClelland being negative about the club."

Greatest Ever Ranger Greig quit his work as a director and ambassador claiming he had become isolated under the new regime.

He said he found it "disturbing" that season ticket cash was being sold off and insisted: "It is painful when I see what is happening."

Whyte, though, feels that Greig should not have been laying into the club as they face one of their toughest ever battles.

The Gers chief said: "It is very disappointing because I consider John Greig to be a true Rangers legend.

"I understand his concerns, we have a big job to do, I make no bones about that.

"I always felt John and I had a decent relationship so, yes, his involvement in particular was disappointing."
    RANGERS chairman Craig Whyte has been battered from pillar to post in the toughest week of his Ibrox reign.
    Rocked by allegations of using Gers fans' season ticket money to finance his plans.

Slaughtered by the old Ibrox hierarchy who accused him of stripping the champions of their dignity.

Gutted by the £6million loss of prize asset Nikica Jelavic to Everton and the failure to find a replacement before the transfer window slammed shut.

Yesterday the Gers supremo came out fighting. The Rangers fans had demanded answers to the questions haunting them.

SunSport turned the spotlight on the under-fire owner of their troubled club.

This is what he said...

You have been accused of using Gers fans' season-ticket money to finance your regime. How do you react to that?

"They throw up this figure of £24.4m and say we have sold off four years of season-ticket money.

"The deal is actually for three years but don't let the facts get in the way of a good story, eh?

"The deal is also fully underwritten by one of my companies. There is no risk to Rangers fans whatsoever.

"I want to tell the fans that the money they put into Rangers stays in Rangers.

"I can reassure the fans that any money we get in is used to run the club and nothing else.

"I have a personal commitment of £25m in Rangers and I have never taken a penny out of the club.

"I don't take expenses and I travel on my own coin — unlike those who are sniping in the background."

The allegations centre around a deal with the firm Ticketus. Is it the case that they had been used by the Rangers board BEFORE your takeover?

"Yes, Rangers had used this company for two years before I was ever involved. I spoke to Ticketus because I knew it was a liability coming up after the takeover.

"A ballpark figure for that would be £7m so I spoke to them and we decided we would roll over the facility.

"It is a perfectly standard way to operate and I don't criticise the old board for using it."

It was claimed by former chairman Alastair Johnston that Ticketus' parent company Octopus was now sole creditor of Rangers and not yourself. Is this true?

"No, again, that is total 100 per cent c***
    and I think legally actionable.

"Octopus are not the secured creditor of Rangers. I am.

"That's the sort of thing that is easy to check out but no one even bothered.

"That's how you end up with egg on your face, looking stupid."

So much of Rangers' troubles with the taxman centre around the use of Employee Benefit Trusts (EBTs) — the so-called offshore payments. What can you tell us about those?

"The bitter irony here is that former director John McClelland has an EBT and so does the ex-chief executive Martin Bain. The EBTs were stopped the day that I took over. Now we are in a world of uncertainty and if this tax case goes against us we will have a huge problem."

Can you explain the claim that £5m of VAT has not been paid?

"It is absolute nonsense and again I am speaking to lawyers on that one. Over the last two days I have faced claims, 75 per cent of which like that one have simply no basis in fact.

"I inherited £18m worth of bank debt and we had a lease on the Albion Car Park which we did a deal for.

"Then there are trading debts, transfers and we have spent £4m refurbishing Ibrox."

Rangers fans are hurting after the loss of Jelavic with Steven Naismith out for the season and Kyle Lafferty also injured. Can this squad keep the title?

"We know it will be tough but we feel on the whole that we have improved the team since the summer. Bocanegra and Goian have been good business and we invested £1.5m in Lee Wallace.

"We extended contracts in the summer for Davis, McGregor and Whittaker.

"There are big costs in that and hidden ones in £1m of agents' fees.

"Now I hate paying that out but you have to it in this business. Few understand that those deals were the equivalent of going out and spending £15m."

Is there money to keep the likes of Edu and Lafferty on new deals?

"Yes, my caveat though would be that the deals have to be sustainable. If they want double their wages then it won't happen but I want to give us the best team possible."

Is Sone Aluko an example of the kind of bargain you have to think of now?

"That was a great bit of business and he is one we will certainly be looking to extend a deal with. That was a smart deal and it's the sort of thing we need to look at now.

"That has to be part of our business model now because the money is not there as it once was.

"The problem is Rangers fans have not been used to that over the last 15 or 20 years."

Fans fear it could be McGregor or Davis next...

"We don't have to sell a big player in each window, that's not the position. We could have sought offers for those players in January but we didn't."

How have you found the reaction from the fans? Do you feel they are behind you?

"I find that many realise what we are going through.

"I went to the Family Section in the Broomloan Stand on Saturday and got a great reaction.

"That sustains me because I see what this club means to people. Look, someone has to do this job and if it wasn't me then it would be someone else.

"It will be satisfying when it is done and I don't regret coming in.

"This job is a privilege even if there are days when you wake up and wonder why you did it.

"One day I will wake up and know I have helped turn Rangers round and that will be the biggest job of my life. That is what I signed up for."

What about an AGM? Why has one not been held so far?

"We can't have an AGM until we have the accounts signed off.

"We can't get the accounts signed off until we have more clarity on the tax case. It's chicken and egg. The main purpose of an AGM is to sign off the accounts and we can't do that yet.

"I still think we will have it before the end of March."

Do you have any date from HMRC for an outcome to the Tribunal and an end to the tax saga?

"They don't give you a date, that's not how it works.

"People under-estimate how tough it is to run the business in these circumstances.

"Less money comes in because you have corporate fans who paid a year in advance going game by game.

"Then suppliers who gave you 60 days' credit want new deals. It is a battle and we have to get the message across that this is the reality of life at Rangers now.

"We have been the whipping boys for long enough, I just want the picture to be clear of what we are trying to work through here."

Would you appeal any HMRC decision if it went badly against you?

"We will have to assess that but I think Rangers fans are sick of living through this now.

"I feel the same as the fans but my sleeves are rolled up and we will get this sorted out."

Finally, is administration for Rangers inevitable now?

"No, it is not inevitable and if we can avoid it then we will.

"On the other hand I can't say that it won't happen either.

"All I can say is that I will do all I can in my power to avoid that situation."

While I think it's an ok interview that answers some things, I can't help but feel that he shouldn't keep directing his anger at the previous board and answer the questions at hand.

But I don't know if I should believe him or not, but the fact about Bain and McLelland, and then Bain has the nerve to sue the club ?

C*nt.
    Two wrongs don't make a right.
    Who's the c*nt? The billionaire Whyte Knight, or Bain and McLelland?

I never said it did, it just shows the hypocrisy of for example Bain (that's who the 'c*nt' was for).

The deal is actually for three years but don't let the facts get in the way of a good story, eh?

Yes, Rangers had used this company for two years before I was ever involved.

So Rangers have actually sold off 5 years of season tickets in recent years, unbelievable. Yes, Whyte, dont let the facts get in the way of a good story indeed.

You don't need to know the full story, you didn't know the full story with regards the canteen worker at Rangers but because he was in front of a Republican mural you felt there was no place for this at Rangers.

Now David Healy has been pictured with Jackie McDonald, is this acceptable? If not, why not?

Why not come straight out and say that you don't mind because he's with a Loyalist?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

You don't need to know the full story, you didn't know the full story with regards the canteen worker at Rangers but because he was in front of a Republican mural you felt there was no place for this at Rangers.

Now David Healy has been pictured with Jackie McDonald, is this acceptable? If not, why not?

Why not come straight out and say that you don't mind because he's with a Loyalist?

Over reaction on both accounts if you ask me. Plenty of people have gone and had pictures taken in different places in the North, I dont think its a big deal, and there's every chance David Healy was getting pictures taken with a lot of people and he just happened to be one of them. I doubt Healy went out of his way to find Jackie McDonald for a picture.

• Advertisement

TheBuilder wrote: »
    Over reaction on both accounts if you ask me. Plenty of people have gone and had pictures taken in different places in the North, I dont think its a big deal, and there's every chance David Healy was getting pictures taken with a lot of people and he just happened to be one of them. I doubt Healy went out of his way to find Jackie McDonald for a picture.
    By 'on both accounts', would you say TheKeith's response to 'the chef' was an over reaction too, or his lack of straight answer on Goram/UVF and Healy/UDA an under reaction??

I wonder if a response from the RST will be an over/under reaction

I haven't seen an over-reaction with regard to Healy, he wasn't sacked but the chef was, the over-reaction is only on one side.

I'm merely pointing out TheKeith's double standards here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Tiocfaidh Armani

Don't talk crap, he's as high profile as Johnny Adair, he knew exactly who he was posing with. Why pose giving the 'thumbs up', does he normally do that when posing with someone?

Who you trying to kid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

And there it is, the rangers phillosphy summed up in one sentence. Doesn't matter whether something is right or wrong, it's how it affects the club that matters, the rangers must come first. Repugnant and morally bankrupt.

Disgusting.

And there it is, the rangers phillosphy summed up in one sentence. Doesn't matter whether something is right or wrong, it's how it affects the club that matters, the rangers must come first. Repugnant and morally bankrupt.

Disgusting.

I think they refer to it as "dignity".

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement