Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Tiocfaidh Armani

PauloMN wrote: »
    I think they refer to it as "dignity".

We timmys just don't understand:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Sorry i dont post in here very often but im interested in the situation rangers are in. Could someone be able to summarize it for me? If not its fine but im just curious.

ASOT wrote: »
    Sorry i dont post in here very often but im interested in the situation rangers are in. Could someone be able to summarize it for me? If not its fine but im just curious.

They're about to lose a tax case that will see them with a liability for £49 million from HMRC. Add to that they're borrowing from the revenue of future season ticket money just to stay afloat and pay the bills/wages, in short - they're f**ked, administration and liquidation awaits:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

They were 15 points clear in early November, now 3 month later they're a point behind having played a game more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Without overstating it their very existence is now in jeopardy REGARDLESS of whether or not they win the Big Tax Case.

They are currently spending £10m per annum more than they are taking in (according to their owner) and are completely unsustainable in their current guise. At the very least there will be huge downsizing to come (even though they have downsized considerably in last few years). They have sold the next 4 years season ticket money, they owe the tax man a fortune, any business they do has to be cash up front... but they have none.

The stewardship of their club has changed from one charlatan (David Murray) to a worse one (Craig Whyte). The more you look at it the more you can see that Whyte just wants the club to rumble on long enough so that it doesn't go into admin until the Big Tax Case result is known. Their fans have a history of subservience and towing the line so they don't know where to turn or what to do as all along they've tried to paint all these stories as things that Timmy has been making up... guess what - Timmy was right.

To cap it all off there second highest scorer is "own goal" with 4 goals (only 2 goals behind Lafferty who is currently injured) and they've gone from being 15 points ahead in the league to a point behind with a game more played.

Without overstating it their very existence is now in jeopardy REGARDLESS of whether or not they win the Big Tax Case.

They are currently spending £10m per annum more than they are taking in (according to their owner) and are completely unsustainable in their current guise. At the very least there will be huge downsizing to come (even though they have downsized considerably in last few years). They have sold the next 4 years season ticket money, they owe the tax man a fortune, any business they do has to be cash up front... but they have none.

The stewardship of their club has changed from one charlatan (David Murray) to a worse one (Craig Whyte). The more you look at it the more you can see that Whyte just wants the club to rumble on long enough so that it doesn't go into admin until the Big Tax Case result is known. Their fans have a history of subservience and towing the line so they don't know where to turn or what to do as all along they've tried to paint all these stories as things that Timmy has been making up... guess what - Timmy was right.

To cap it all off there second highest scorer is "own goal" with 4 goals (only 2 goals behind Lafferty who is currently injured) and they've gone from being 15 points ahead in the league to a point behind with a game more played.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

Don't talk crap, he's as high profile as Johnny Adair, he knew exactly who he was posing with. Why pose giving the 'thumbs up', does he normally do that when posing with someone?

Who you trying to kid?

I'm not talking any crap so don't be such a condescending tosser. You have no idea if David Healy knew who he was or not, the guy walked up to him in the street and asked for a picture, but as usual when it comes to anything between the ****e in Northern Ireland and Rangers and Celtic, its immediately blown over the top through media crap and they're immediately loyalist or republican sympathisers.

I'm away back to reading only on this forum, cos its as far away from football as it can get and its turning into a joke.

TheBuilder wrote: »
    I'm not talking any crap so don't be such a condescending tosser. You have no idea if David Healy knew who he was or not, the guy walked up to him in the street and asked for a picture,

Oh pull the other one, his father and brother (convicted) were in the UDA and he doesn't know who Jackie McDonald is?:pac::pac:

He's posing beaming giving the thumbs up, does he do that with everybody?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Good to see the always fair Celtc fans on here were all too happy to explain it to you. :D

You'd be better off reading the Sun than take them for their word.

What basically happened is:

Craig Whyte bought his shares for £1 and said he would pay the bank debt.

He obtained a loan of £24million from Ticketus (which is now being used for the every day running of the club), mortgaging the season ticket money for the following 4 seasons.

He did not use any of his own money to pay off the bank debt, he just transferred it to one of his companies.

He now owns 85% of the clubs shares - which he bought for £1 - and he does not now owe Rangers or the bank anything.

In short - he bought the club for £1 and it is the fans season ticket money which has been used to pay off the debt.

In the meantime HMRC are trying to punish Rangers for the use of EBT's, which could result in a huge fine.

Either way that works out, the club is in big trouble.

Obviously this has certain people in high hopes of Rangers disappearing, but that's just their idle hopes ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Good to see the always fair Celtc fans on here were all too happy to explain it to you. :D

You'd be better off reading the Sun than take them for their word.

No need for the insults! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

TheBuilder wrote: »
    I'm not talking any crap so don't be such a condescending tosser. You have no idea if David Healy knew who he was or not, the guy walked up to him in the street and asked for a picture, but as usual when it comes to anything between the ****e in Northern Ireland and Rangers and Celtic, its immediately blown over the top through media crap and they're immediately loyalist or republican sympathisers.

I'm away back to reading only on this forum, cos its as far away from football as it can get and its turning into a joke.

Just when you think Rangers fans couldnt be any more gullible :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

And there it is, the rangers phillosphy summed up in one sentence. Doesn't matter whether something is right or wrong, it's how it affects the club that matters, the rangers must come first. Repugnant and morally bankrupt.

Disgusting.
    If you don't like it, that is your problem. It ain't going to change. Accept it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

KeithAFC wrote: »
    If you don't like it, that is your problem. It ain't going to change. Accept it.

Thankfully we wont have to put up with it for much longer.

Bye bye Rangers

bobmalooka wrote: »
    Thankfully we wont have to put up with it for much longer.

Bye bye Rangers
    I don't think that will happen but keep on wishing.

I don't think that will happen but keep on wishing.
    Will do.

In the meantime will you let us know if you think David Healy should be disciplined for posing with his brothers terrorist buddy?

You'd be better off reading the Sun than take them for their word

Ok, what part of my post was made up then?

bobmalooka wrote: »
    Will do.

In the meantime will you let us know if you think David Healy should be disciplined for posing with his brothers terrorist buddy?
    Like I said, the club will decide if it is punishable. I don't have any opinion on it.

...and your views on David Healy and Jackie McDonald considering what you said about the chef?

...and your views on David Healy and Jackie McDonald considering what you said about the chef?
    Don't have any opinion on it.

• Advertisement

Like I said, the club will decide if it is punishable. I don't have any opinion on it.
    but you had an opinion on the chef being fired, a strong opinion.

For what its worth I have no problem with what David Healy does in his free time.

Its funny watching you squirm in the hypocritical hole you dug for yourself on these incidents.

Bye bye Morally bankrupt Rangers

If we disappear I wonder what you'll do with your free time.

Because it sure looks like you're a tiny bit obsessed with us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Oh ffs, another cop out. Absolutely pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

The picture of Healy with a loyalist terrorist is a disgrace. I have to laugh about efforts of eradicate sectarianism when here's a Rangers player endorsing sectarianism posing with that lowlife!

I didn't realise what I said was wrong in any way? Can you please show me where I went wrong in it. Thanks

I suppose you are happy to be a hypocrite?

• Advertisement

I didn't realise what I said was wrong in any way? Can you please show me where I went wrong in it. Thanks

I was talking more about bobbysands81 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

If we disappear I wonder what you'll do with your free time.

Because it sure looks like you're a tiny bit obsessed with us.

Ah don't worry about us, we'll be keeping an eye every so often on how your re-branded new team is doing against East Stirling, Stranraer, and of course your new Glasgow rivals, Queen's Park!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Dempsey wrote: »
    I suppose you are happy to be a hypocrite?

It's astonishing - but unsurprising - that someone, especially someone who has lived up there, can be so vehement on one hand about someone being pictured standing beside a mural, yet so indifferent about an actual player pictured thumbs-up beside an actual terrorist.

The whole situation just sums him up perfectly.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I was just on the Sun (spit spit) website, and noticed the new name for your club when I hovered over the icon...

2FBCF9631EA843CA935C28219855CCA5-0000316763-0002726211-00273L-0E5F8EAF81114CB5AD362D3BFEC15583.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

PauloMN wrote: »
    I was just on the Sun (spit spit) website, and noticed the new name for your club when I hovered over the icon...

2FBCF9631EA843CA935C28219855CCA5-0000316763-0002726211-00273L-0E5F8EAF81114CB5AD362D3BFEC15583.gif

Ah the Rangers United Club, or RUC for short.

• Advertisement

I was talking more about bobbysands81 :)

Perhaps you missed this post then -
    Ok, what part of my post was made up then?

..which, for the record, was posted before Lubo Moravcik posted his query to you.

Charles Paterson@charlesp_sky

Ally McCoist: Jelavic did not come to me asking to leave RFC
    If this is true, isn't he going against what CW said all along that Jelavic actually wanted to go?
    Just wondering why Ally would say this. Maybe he's not in charge of the players and all dealings about on the pitch stuff now go direct to Shooter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Bigdeadlydave

Not surprised by David Healy, his entire family are scum, his uncle bombed a catholic bar in the mid seventies, he must have been devastated when the only death was that of a protestant.

Rangers are hypocrites if they don't at least suspend Healy. I don't care what players do in their own time, but to condemn the chef and not do likewise with Healy is simply massive hypocrisy. Take a look at that statement from Rangers Supporters trust in particular this bit:
    “I have seen the pictures and find them abhorrent. It raises questions about how someone who follows that kind of terrorist agenda can work for Rangers.

Emphasis mine. Ambivalent if its loyalist?

Sure "Rangers best ever keeper" was a big fan, which those in the football club must have known about. Doubt anything will be done about Healy.

mtuqa1.jpgmtuqsl.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭the realpigiron

Are Rangers going to ignore and be allowed to ignore this Healy issue? Surely there aren't Rangers fans around here trying to defend the hypocrisy of their club in this matter?

The hypocrisy after the sacking of the chef is shocking. If the media fail to cover this story properly and Rangers fail to deal with it, then the SFA and UEFA should be notified.

Pathetic.

Pathetic.
    Sorry, I honestly don't have any opinion on it. I wish I did but I don't. It doesn't interest me.

Sorry, I honestly don't have any opinion on it. I wish I did but I don't. It doesn't interest me.

Sorry but that's a pathetic response.

Sorry but that's a pathetic response.
    You are entitled to think what you like.

Why not be honest TheKeith?

Why not just say that you don't care because he's pictured with someone from a community you support.

Your lack of support of Healy is otherwise hypocritical and, at the same time, singling out the chef for criticism is hypocritical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Just for the record, and i'm too busy to get into ding dong arguments about this so wether you agree with me or not - i won't be replying this evening.

Healy should be disciplined, he knew who he was getting his photo taken with and if nothing else it was sheer, utter stupidity. I don't care what players do in their private time as long as it doesnt shine badly on the club - and this time it has.
    However, once upon a time football players were disciplined in house - just like any other person within their workforce. Personally, i prefer it that way and i'm sick to the back teeth of football fans, the media and the general public screaming and wailing about punishments for this, that and everything else. It's like the nonsense situation we have in politics too, man messes up, papers get "Scandal" people scream and wail as if they've been mortally wounded. It's ludicrous.

Also, Rangers did not sack any chef. he was disciplined by a company who have nothing to do with Rangers other than the contract which they hold to provide catering. So let's put the double standards from the club nonsense to bed.

Thanks.

Eirebear wrote: »
    Just for the record, and i'm too busy to get into ding dong arguments about this so wether you agree with me or not - i won't be replying this evening.

Healy should be disciplined, he knew who he was getting his photo taken with and if nothing else it was sheer, utter stupidity. I don't care what players do in their private time as long as it doesnt shine badly on the club - and this time it has.
    However, once upon a time football players were disciplined in house - just like any other person within their workforce. Personally, i prefer it that way and i'm sick to the back teeth of football fans, the media and the general public screaming and wailing about punishments for this, that and everything else. It's like the nonsense situation we have in politics too, man messes up, papers get "Scandal" people scream and wail as if they've been mortally wounded. It's ludicrous.

Also, Rangers did not sack any chef. he was disciplined by a company who have nothing to do with Rangers other than the contract which they hold to provide catering. So let's put the double standards from the club nonsense to bed.

Thanks.

I don't think he should be disciplined at all, I don't think he did anything wrong.

He should be allowed pose with whomever he wants.

Thanks.

That didnt stop the Rangers Supporters Trust getting up on a high horse. I dont see any statement by them on David Healy...
    “I have seen the pictures and find them abhorrent. It raises questions about how someone who follows that kind of terrorist agenda can work for Rangers.

“It is terrible that a man who supports any proscribed terrorist organisation can end up with a job at a football club.

“People fail to realise that their activities online can be clearly and easily tracked.

“This shows that people should use social networking sites responsibly and not as a vehicle to propagate their repulsive views.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Not a Celtic or Rangers supporter, just casually browse some of the threads. But thought it a little funny that Celtic supporters were telling Rangers supporters to go talk about Rangers in their own thread instead of coming into the Celtic one, when this thread seems to be weighed heavily with Celtic fans.

I don't think he should be disciplined at all, I don't think he did anything wrong.

He should be allowed pose with whomever he wants.

I'd like to think the club would expect players to keep in mind that the newspapers will always be all over something like this. Given the stick fans are taking at the moment i would hope that the club were asking players to do the same.

Dempsey wrote: »
    That didnt stop the Rangers Supporters Trust getting up on a high horse. I dont see any statement by them on David Healy...

So the RST speak for the club now?

Corholio wrote: »
    Not a Celtic or Rangers supporter, just casually browse some of the threads. But thought it a little funny that Celtic supporters were telling Rangers supporters to go talk about Rangers in their own thread instead of coming into the Celtic one, when this thread seems to be weighed heavily with Celtic fans.

Please go find those posts because when you find them you'll realise that you read them wrong.

You are entitled to think what you like.

At least most of us are capable of independent thought which it seems you are not. You have ago at a chef that works for an outside company in the stadium where your club plays yet have no opinion on actual player on the books of your club doing something similar if not worse????? No opinion at all, good, bad or indifferent??? For someone who spends so much time expressing forthright opinions on this forum on a wide variety of subjects (nothing wrong with that either) not to have an opinion on this subject is baffling..

I really am beginning to think you're a wind up merchant.

Thanks.

I'm not sure anyone accuse the club of double standards? I think it's Keith's double standards that are being exposed.

• Advertisement

So the RST speak for the club now?

No, they represent Rangers fans and they have a shameful standard that the club should be seen to maintain. They are strangely silence on the behaviour of David Healy and its fairly obvious why that has happened.

Rangers could have easily influenced Azure either way on how to deal with their employee and I'd find it surprising if they didnt considering the business partnership and like Healy, what they do reflects back on the club. The silence from the club regarding Healy shows what way they wanted the axe to fall with the chef imo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement