Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Watched the rangers game today on TV and to be truthful I was laughing at the end! This is a club in turmoil yet there's still Rangers fans out there defending Whyte! The rangers fans would want to be getting up off their asses,telling Whyte to GTF and coming up with plans to save their club rather than going on bitching about Celtic fans mocking them in their current plight!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

dartbhoy wrote: »
    Watched the rangers game today on TV and to be truthful I was laughing at the end! This is a club in turmoil yet there's still Rangers fans out there defending Whyte! The rangers fans would want to be getting up off their asses,telling Whyte to GTF and coming up with plans to save their club rather than going on bitching about Celtic fans mocking them in their current plight!

I know I said I was staying out of this thread but I have to come in to answer this. Getting up off their asses and telling Whyte to get to ****? How many fans do you know with that amount of money that can oust Whyte and take on a potential tax bill, don't be so ****ing ridiculous. No matter who is in charge, with this bill hanging over us our hands are tied.

This thread would be as well closed, Rangers fans have given up on any input it seems because every single time football gets mentioned its turned into a slagging match.

I guess winning the league 4 years in a row with no money was a bit too much to ask, enjoy it while you can, we'll be back

TheBuilder wrote: »
    I know I said I was staying out of this thread but I have to come in to answer this. Getting up off their asses and telling Whyte to get to ****? How many fans do you know with that amount of money that can oust Whyte and take on a potential tax bill, don't be so ****ing ridiculous. No matter who is in charge, with this bill hanging over us our hands are tied.

This thread would be as well closed, Rangers fans have given up on any input it seems because every single time football gets mentioned its turned into a slagging match.

I guess winning the league 4 years in a row with no money was a bit too much to ask, enjoy it while you can, we'll be back
    I thought you were coming on to condemn Healy and his picture with a sectarian killer:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

For that reason I think the threads should be merged - at least have an SPL forum which would make it a bit more interesting.

I thought you were coming on to condemn Healy and his picture with a sectarian killer:rolleyes:

You've just proven my point about the state of this thread, cheers. If you bothered to look you'll see I commented on the Healy thing the day it happened, but it seems you also suffer from not being able to get over it and move on, like alot of Celtic fans.

This isn't a thread to discuss Rangers anymore, its a bash the hell out of them for everything thread.

Cheerio now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

You'd be lucky to get 4 fans sitting together in a row judging by today's attenance!

And the no money thing is crap, you sent just as much if not more on players than Celtic prior to this season, look at the teams that lined out in the Old Firm, the Rangers team cost a good bit more than Celtic's.

You've just proven my point about the state of this thread, cheers. If you bothered to look you'll see I commented on the Healy thing the day it happened, but it seems you also suffer from not being able to get over it and move on, like alot of Celtic fans.

This isn't a thread to discuss Rangers anymore, its a bash the hell out of them for everything thread.

Cheerio now.
    Your really upset this evening! Sure if you want the rangers thread closed I'm sure if you contact the mods they'll be happy to listen to your views. As for Whyte if your happy with him fair play! If they do close this thread your more than welcome to post on the Celtic thread. Indeed you were a regular poster a while back. If I remember correctly you seemed to spend the whole 90 minutes of a Celtic game listening to what the Celtic fans were singing so you could try and slam our support for sectarian singing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

This thread is an absolute joke.

Every other thread on this forum gets a certain amount of protection, or is it that every other set of fans on this forum treat their rivals with a certain amount of respect?

Could you imagine the Man Utd thread if someone had posted a video of Liverpool fans dancing and singing about the state the Glazers seemed to have them in?

Every other post in this thread is a sneering, snydey remark.

If anyone wants to talk about football. We were shocking today, as we have been for a while.
    I said earlier on that Hibs made us look good for a change, no team should fear playing Rangers at the moment.

Your really upset this evening! Sure if you want the rangers thread closed I'm sure if you contact the mods they'll be happy to listen to your views. As for Whyte if your happy with him fair play! If they do close this thread your more than welcome to post on the Celtic thread. Indeed you were a regular poster a while back. If I remember correctly you seemed to spend the whole 90 minutes of a Celtic game listening to what the Celtic fans were singing so you could try and slam our support for sectarian singing.

Read the Celtic thread.
    Despite the fact we could use terms like "Sellik" or "Septic" or many other things - every Rangers fan who posts in there has the decency to use Celtic.

In here we get "Rainjusr" "TheRangers" "Dignity FC" and a host of others.

Respect? Decency?
    Many of the Celtic fans on here don't know the meaning of the word.

There are a few who can handle grown up conversation despite their obvious hatred for Rangers, and i entirely respect that. I also know that their is a 'gers fan or two who can wind the Celtic fans up the wrong way. Much as there has been Celtic fans in the past who have wound me up the wrong way.
    But really, read back over the last 10-20 pages or so and answer me one thing.
    Is this the Rangers FC thread on boards, or the "Generic Hun Thread"?

Eirebear wrote: »
    Read the Celtic thread.
    Despite the fact we could use terms like "Sellik" or "Septic" or many other things - every Rangers fan who posts in there has the decency to use Celtic.

Respect? Decency?
    Many of the Celtic fans on here don't know the decency of the word.

There are a few who can handle grown up conversation despite their obvious hatred for Rangers, and i entirely respect that. I also know that their is a 'gers fan or two who can wind the Celtic fans up the wrong way. Much as there has been Celtic fans in the past who have wound me up the wrong way.
    I don't post on the rangers thread usually. I made an opinion which the Builder didn't like and he replied which he's entitled to do so. I hope your not accusing me of using derogatory terms in wording rangers because I've always used their proper name. If The Builder is happy with Whyte fair enough but I'm just giving an opinion. If posters have made derogatory terms your unhappy with deal with them or go through the avenues available if your unhappy about them.

• Advertisement

I don't post on the rangers thread usually. I made an opinion which the Builder didn't like and he replied which he's entitled to do so. I hope your not accusing me of using derogatory terms in wording rangers because I've always used their proper name. If The Builder is happy with Whyte fair enough but I'm just giving an opinion. If posters have made derogatory terms your unhappy with deal with them or go through the avenues available if your unhappy about them.

I'm not having a go at you personally mate, simply pointing out that the Builder is making the exact same point i made a few pages back and got shot down for.
    Yet just look at some of the ****e that has been posted since then.
    There is no way in hell it would happen in any other thread on this forum.

I'm not having a go at you personally mate, simply pointing out that the Builder is making the exact same point i made a few pages back and got shot down for.
    Yet just look at some of the ****e that has been posted since then.
    There is no way in hell it would happen in any other thread on this forum.
    Fair enough bud. For the record I've no problem with The Builder. Things are going to come to a head here shortly on this thread IMO. Tell your old fella I was asking for him.

Fair enough bud. For the record I've no problem with The Builder. Things are going to come to a head here shortly on this thread IMO. Tell your old fella I was asking for him.

No worries mate, TheBuilder's big and ugly enough to look after himself! ;)

Will do, he's just left ours after some sunday dinner and a couple of malts to drown out the thought of todays performance!

Will do, he's just left ours after some sunday dinner and a couple of malts to drown out the thought of todays performance!
    Ye might be out of both cups but ye're still in the league race. I for one won't be blowing my trumpet about Celtic been league champions until their mathematically champions! Good to hear BBE is in good form.

Ye might be out of both cups but ye're still in the league race. I for one won't be blowing my trumpet about Celtic been league champions until their mathematically champions! Good to hear BBE is in good form.

S'awrite - I've saved a number of posts to my desktop. Just incase....;)

That said, if we perform like we did today then we'll be lucky to finish top 6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Read the Celtic thread.

Respect? Decency?
    Many of the Celtic fans on here don't know the meaning of the word.

It seems like there is some sort of agenda going on. Would never do it in the celtic thread. So why they think it is OK to do it in our thread is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

Cheerio now.

so we should all ignore the financial mess at ibrox then?
    we should ignore that Rangers haven't acted on the David Healy issue?
    we should ignore Whyte trying to point the finger of blame at Lennon?
    (we all know the possible consequences of flaming that fire)

What would you like us to discuss about Rangers that cant be construed as bashing ye?

KeithAFC wrote: »
    It seems like there is some sort of agenda going on. Would never do it in the celtic thread. So why they think it is OK to do it in our thread is beyond me.

I blame the muddleboard.
    They don't teach manners over there.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Read the Celtic thread.

Oh yeah?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=76203075&postcount=3661

• Advertisement

bobmalooka wrote: »
    so we should all ignore the financial mess at ibrox then?
    we should ignore that Rangers haven't acted on the David Healy issue?
    we should ignore Whyte trying to point the finger of blame at Lennon?
    (we all know the possible consequences of flaming that fire)

What would you like us to discuss about Rangers that cant be construed as bashing ye?

Do it with a little respect for the fact that you are in the Rangers thread and maybe you're onto something.
    You don't get this kind of behaviour in any other thread on the forum - why is it acceptable on this one?

PauloMN wrote: »
    really Paul, is that it?

Do the quotation marks, or smiley faces, or context of the post even come into it?
    Or are you just clutching at straws?

Compare that to the last 20 pages?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Do it with a little respect for the fact that you are in the Rangers thread and maybe you're onto something.
    You don't get this kind of behaviour in any other thread on the forum - why is it acceptable on this one?

EB, maybe some of the stuff posted goes a little far, but to think the Rangers thread is the only place to ever get it is laughable. Ever been on the Celtic thread when the LOI or EPL fanboys drop by, usually when we've been beaten in Europe?

The crap I've read on the Celtic thread sometimes is easily on a par with this place at the moment.

EB, maybe some of the stuff posted goes a little far, but to think the Rangers thread is the only place to ever get it is laughable. Ever been on the Celtic thread when the LOI or EPL fanboys drop by, usually when we've been beaten in Europe?

The crap I've read on the Celtic thread sometimes is easily on a par with this place at the moment.

Paul, seriously - read the posts since i was shot down the other night.
    Videos of Celtic fans celebrating the demise of Rangers?
    How would that go down if it was the other way around?

really Paul, is that it?

Do the quotation marks, or smiley faces, or context of the post even come into it?
    Or are you just clutching at straws?

Compare that to the last 20 pages?

Don't give me that crap. So it's ok if I call yous "Dignity FC" or "The Rainjurs" etc. so long as I follow it by :D;):):p:o:eek::(:P:cool:;):(:eek::);)???

I think you miss the point EB, a few (not all) on here cant take it that anything Rangers related at the moment reflects so badly on the club.

Mentioning whats going seems to be an attack on Rangers for some on here.

• Advertisement

Don't give me that crap. So it's ok if I call yous "Dignity FC" or "The Rainjurs" etc. so long as I follow it by :D;):):p:o:eek::(:P:cool:;):(:eek::);)???

Bit of centext paul - seriously.

What i posted was quite clearly tongue in cheek and you know it.

There's no comparison.

Comment on The Rangers. Just leave the drivel at the door.

Comment on The Rangers. Just leave the drivel at the door.

How can I leave the drivel at the door when commenting on The Rangers? Did you see them today?

I think you miss the point EB, a few (not all) on here cant take it that anything Rangers related at the moment reflects so badly on the club at the moment.

Mentioning whats going seems to be an attack on Rangers for some on here.

mate, seriously - read the last 20 or so pages.

This isnt a conversation about the goings on at Rangers, its a party for Celtic fans to celebrate what might happen.

How can I leave the drivel at the door when commenting on The Rangers? Did you see them today?
    Was a bit like your lot over the last 3 seasons.

• Advertisement

Was a bit like your lot over the last 3 seasons.

Nope. Yous were a laughing stock today. An embarrassment to the SPL to be frank.

I have no problem with Celtic fans discussing what is going on at the club, but surely that can be done in a way were its not constantly baiting and bashing the Rangers fans with videos and remarks. Its become impossible to hold a decent discussion on here now.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

What do you expect? This is a open forum, your club are going through arguably their toughest time in decades and you're acting outraged that Celtic fans are loving it.

TBH I'd find it hard to post on here if the roles were reversed, wouldn't like being winded up either but what can you do?

mate, seriously - read the last 20 or so pages.

This isnt a conversation about the goings on at Rangers, its a party for Celtic fans to celebrate what might happen.

really? are you whinging that we're loving the mess?
    of course we're delighted at what might happen to ye

why wouldn't we be, Rangers are our greatest rivals.

So we can discuss whats going on at Rangers but cant mention how we feel about if?
    was there a new draft of the forum charter i missed?

Nope. Yous were a laughing stock today. An embarrassment to the SPL to be frank.
    Yep. The SPL is just full of quality and has brilliant players. :rolleyes:

Yet more drivel from a celtic fan.

Fine.

It's anything goes as far as i'm concerned from now on.
    I've spent years on this forum trying to be grown up, respectful and decent.

I got absolute dogs abuse from members who ihave, or did have a lot of respect for for using the line "Hey Scum, we're having a party" after winning the league.
    I've taken threatening PM's from the more militant and mouthy Celtic fans on this forum, some of which were disgusting.

No more.

Yep. The SPL is just full of quality and has brilliant players. :rolleyes:

Yet more drivel from a celtic fan.

Full of players with a bit of fight in them anyway, Rangers were an embarrassment today because they threw in the towel.

Such indifference from any league champions is cringeworthy.

Hopefully the EPL fanboys didn't see any of it.

Full of players with a bit of fight in them anyway, Rangers were an embarrassment today because they threw in the towel.

Can't disagree with any of that tbh, we were a disgrace.
    Russel and McKay-Steven were fantastic for Utd.

Don't worry, they won't come here to post about it. It's only when Celtic are dire that we get them posting on the Celtic thread, pretending to be part-time gers just to annoy the Celtic fans

Fine.

It's anything goes as far as i'm concerned from now on.
    I've spent years on this forum trying to be grown up, respectful and decent.

I got absolute dogs abuse from members who ihave, or did have a lot of respect for for using the line "Hey Scum, we're having a party" after winning the league.
    I've taken threatening PM's from the more militant and mouthy Celtic fans on this forum, some of which were disgusting.

No more.

Point missed again

I hope you reported threatening PM's that behaviour is disgusting.

• Advertisement

Can't disagree with any of that tbh, we were a disgrace.
    Russel and McKay-Steven were fantastic for Utd.
    Meant to say Utd were fantastic, would't like us to meet them in that form.

Point missed again

I hope you reported threatening PM's that behaviour is disgusting.

Not really worth it, keyboard hardmen are the least of my worries tbh.

And i'm not missing the point. Seriously, i used to love how this forum worked, it was a place where, while we didnt always see eye to eye, rangers and Celtic fans could put their views across in an adult, respectful fashion.
    It rarely happens at the moment, and hasnt for the last couple of seasons.

Wether that's down to the change of members on both sides, or even a case of many of us getting to know each others "biting point" a little too well i don;t know - but i stopped posting here before the end of last season because of it, and i'm beginning to remember why.

Meant to say Utd were fantastic, would't like us to meet them in that form.

Thats the thing, on another day United would've been worse than us, thats the way they've been this season and why they are 7th, totally inconsistent.

Thats the thing, on another day United would've been worse than us, thats the way they've been this season and why they are 7th, totally inconsistent.

Got to be honest, i'm glad Celtic missed out on Russell if he's going to hit that form for the rest of the season.

Rankin was excellent in midfield too.

The Champions lost a football match. Played awful and deserved to lose. The world will move on. Don't worry. The world isn't shocked or embarrassed about this. :rolleyes:

The Champions lost a football match. Played awful and deserved to lose. The world will move on. Don't worry. The world isn't shocked or embarrassed about this. :rolleyes:

Not trying should be embarrassing to fans of any team, as a celtic fan I'll be more than happy if Rangers fans accept that level of effort.

The amount of booing suggests you could be in the minority in your feelings about the performance at Ibrox today Keith.

Not trying should be embarrassing to fans of any team, as a celtic fan I'll be more than happy if Rangers fans accept that level of effort.

The amount of booing suggests you could be in the minority in your feelings about the performance at Ibrox today Keith.
    Its tough times. Just got to get on with it and hope better in the next game. Simple as that. Follow follow. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

I posted one of those videos and make no apologies for it. I would expect rangers fans to react the exact same way if the shoe was on the other foot. As for 'the rangers' well it was keith that started using that term.

I posted one of those videos and make no apologies for it. I would expect rangers fans to react the exact same way if the shoe was on the other foot. As for 'the rangers' well it was keith that started using that term.

Dude, i don't expect apologies.

Obviously expected standards have changed and it's me that's been left behind in that. I'm fully caught up now, and will be making sure to adhere to those standards from now on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Dempsey wrote: »
    The observers talk a level of **** thats unreal

Ratio of Celtic post's in here must be unreal.

LOL at 'observer' too. Do Celtic and Rangers fans have some sort of magic posting powers that those who arent dont have?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement