Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

KeithAFC wrote: »
    If he is guilty of what he is being accused of, there is no point in going under the radar because it will only hang around.

If he is guilty there is a very good reason to keep under the radar for as long as possible, he is on a nice little earner with Rangers and the longer he can last without getting hounded out the more he makes off you.

He is as dodgy as a nine bob note, he has been registered as a company director four seperate times:

Craig Thomas Whyte, born January 1969,
    Craig Thomas Whyte, born January 1971,
    Craig Thomas White, born January 1971
    Craig White, born January 1969.

All four of his past personas having a sting of failed and liquidated businesses to their various names.

Smells to me like Mr Whyte (or is he going with White this week?) had something to hide, is that really the practice of a reputable businessman?

Eventually you have to ask yourselves the question is he just a very bad businessman who valiantly keeps trying even though he keeps picking bad ventures or instead does he make his real money when those businesses fail?

Before answering that question just ask yourself why it happened to be only him, of all possible investors in Britain, who decided to invest in a Rangers club which was in a very unhealthy state at the time of takeover...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

PauloMN wrote: »

I was wondering what the hell that was about until I saw the Earley surname associated with Banstead. This is blatantly an earner for his friends and has nothing to do with the well being of Rangers. Goodness knows how this guy still has defenders among the Rangers fans...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

What is funny about that ?

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    What is funny about that ?

This is what is funny:

Aidan Earley claimed Whyte hoped to groom future stars through Banstead, who play in front of crowds of around 30 in the Combined Counties Premiership in Surrey.

In fact its fecking hilarious!

Do you think that all good players started off in their current club's youth program ?
    I'm sure the fact they know each other helps, but I see absolutely no problem with Rangers striking up deals with small time clubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Is there any truth to that story?

I would really love to know what plans Craig Whyte has for our club. Does he actually have an end game and does it involve in just saving the club and making **** loads of cash and then leaving?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,216 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

I would really love to know what plans Craig Whyte has for our club. Does he actually have an end game and does it involve in just saving the club and making **** loads of cash and then leaving?

Is that the sound of a penny dropping I hear?

Do you think that all good players started off in their current club's youth program ?
    I'm sure the fact they know each other helps, but I see absolutely no problem with Rangers striking up deals with small time clubs.

How many good players have Banstead produced in their entire history? Do they have a history of producing good players? Do they have a 'conveyor belt' of young players currently going through their system?

Why not question Craig White/Whyte as fervently as you question Timmy?

• Advertisement

Your club is broke, you have the lowest net transfer spend in the SPL, your manager was resorting to finishing the Dundee Utd game with 2 strikers who wouldn't make the Dunfermline starting line-up and yet your owner is giving your hard earned money to his mate's two bit club, which his mate will no doubt get his fair share of.

I'm sure the future Alan McGregors and Steven Naismiths will get a load of great experience out on loan to the team 17th in the Combined Counties Premiership League Table, pity Whyte/White didn't go for one of the big teams like Dorking or Badshot, I reckon they are going places!

Fair enough if this doesn't bother you, perhaps you are just becoming desensitized to all of Whyte/White's dodgy dealings though.

Is that the sound of a penny dropping I hear?
    I don't know. If he does save us as a club and then leave us, if he does leave us in a position in which we can be self sufficient and run ourselves properly, then he will have done his job IMO.

The problem will be if he leaves us in an even worse position which is either complete destruction of the club or even more debt.

Your club is broke, you have the lowest net transfer spend in the SPL, your manager was resorting to finishing the Dundee Utd game with 2 strikers who wouldn't make the Dunfermline starting line-up and yet your owner is giving your hard earned money to his mate's two bit club, which his mate will no doubt get his fair share of.

I'm sure the future Alan McGregors and Steven Naismiths will get a load of great experience out on loan to the team 17th in the Combined Counties Premiership League Table, pity Whyte/White didn't go for one of the big teams like Dorking or Badshot, I reckon they are going places!

Fair enough if this doesn't bother you, perhaps you are just becoming desensitized to all of Whyte/White's dodgy dealings though.

It has **** all to do with any of that, it's simply the fact that there is nothing news-worthy about this.

So he invests in a diddy team, big ****ing whoop.
    You also seem to what this is about completely, it's nothing to do with Rangers players going out on loan but to see if local kids are worth looking at.

Actually he would be investing you and your fellow supporters' hard earned money in a diddy team, don't for a moment think this will be coming out of Whyte's pocket.

If you are happy with that then I guess it is a non-story, I know if roles were reversed I would prefer my money invested in developing Celtic's youth program (or paying off a crippling debt) than going to Banstead.

It has **** all to do with any of that, it's simply the fact that there is nothing news-worthy about this.

You also seem to what this is about completely, it's nothing to do with Rangers players going out on loan but to see if local kids are worth looking at.
    Why is he investing in a very small club like that mate? We need any cash we can get. Like I said, we need to know what the end game is.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I'm stunned that you are not stunned to be honest!

You already have a youth academy. There's no problem aligning/partnering your club with another club to look at different players, loan deals etc., but in fairness those other clubs should be closer to your own in terms of quality, but Banstead?

The source at Ibrox doesn't sound best please about it, and rightly so. It's clear Whyte/White is simply helping out his pal.

• Advertisement

Coincidentally there is a Mr Craig Whyte who has 2 registered businesses in Banstead of all places:

http://company-director-check.co.uk/director/905951907

This person's listed date of birth is 07/1957 so a good bit older than White/Whyte, it could be just a coincidence but I wonder if this could be yet another persona of your chairman?

Actually he would be investing you and your fellow supporters' hard earned money in a diddy team, don't for a moment think this will be coming out of Whyte's pocket.

If you are happy with that then I guess it is a non-story, I know if roles were reversed I would prefer my money invested in developing Celtic's youth program (or paying off a crippling debt) than going to Banstead.

0 proof I assume ?
    Good on ya.

I'm neither happy or angry about it, this is a nothing-story.

I assume anything's good to get Celtic fans stabbing each other off the sports-pages. :)

0 proof I assume ?
    Good on ya.

I'm neither happy or angry about it, this is a nothing-story.

Just like the mortgaging future season tickets was a nothing-story for Rangers fans a few months ago because Craig Whyte/White denied it? It was just another case of the media making stuff up to tarnish an honest man's reputation, probably the same again, yeah?

I don't know, but neither do you.

I don't know, but neither do you.

True I don't know for a fact, just like you don't know it is a non-story as you claim. But what I do know is it looks dodgy as hell.

• Advertisement

If he does save us as a club and then leave us, if he does leave us in a position in which we can be self sufficient and run ourselves properly, then he will have done his job IMO.

The problem will be if he leaves us in an even worse position which is either complete destruction of the club or even more debt.

Seriously... you make a comment earlier that sounds as if you're getting a grasp of what's happening at your club and then you come out with this???

FOUR years season ticket money is gone just to get you to this position now. A position where you are spending over £10m more per annum than you are taking in and that's after downsizing under Murray for years.

He is just waiting to put you guys in administration, I am 100% sure of that. You will be in administration by the end of the year, he will blame the Tax man, and he will make a profit out of his tenure with you guys... but Timmy is saying it so it can't be true.

Seriously... you make a comment earlier that sounds as if you're getting a grasp of what's happening at your club and then you come out with this???

FOUR years season ticket money is gone just to get you to this position now. A position where you are spending over £10m more per annum than you are taking in and that's after downsizing under Murray for years.

He is just waiting to put you guys in administration, I am 100% sure of that. You will be in administration by the end of the year, he will blame the Tax man, and he will make a profit out of his tenure with you guys... but Timmy is saying it so it can't be true.

No, what's happening is that 'Timmy' is spouting the same old bull**** time and time again.

It's getting boring as ****, we all know you lot are waiting for us to go in admin, no need to fill this thread with the same old **** day in, day out.

No doubt you'll turn this into 'Omg you're so blind lol', as you so often seem to do but whatever.

All I (And you) know is that we have to wait until the tax case is resolved, everything before that is speculation at best.

No, what's happening is that 'Timmy' is spouting the same old bull**** time and time again.

It's getting boring as ****, we all know you lot are waiting for us to go in admin, no need to fill this thread with the same old **** day in, day out.

No doubt you'll turn this into 'Omg you're so blind lol', as you so often seem to do.

Celtic fans have every right to take an interest in the on-going developments with Rangers, your clubs' financial dealings arguably cost Celtic titles and tens of millions of pounds in lost revenue from potential Champions League appearances that otherwise might have been achieved had both teams been playing on a level playing field.

And also it isn't the same old bull**** every time, it seems like recently every day or two there is a brand new story which tops the previous one.

Pompey, to be fair, if you look at our situation in the last few years (more than a few years really), Celtic should have at least won more titles and probably should not have lost the title last season. But Rangers earnt the last 3 titles in a row. A fantastic achievement when you consider the problems.

No doubt you'll turn this into 'Omg you're so blind lol', as you so often seem to do but whatever.

All I (And you) know is that we have to wait until the tax case is resolved, everything before that is speculation at best.

What bull are we spouting?

Regardless of the Tax Case I reckon you'll be going into administration anyway.

And that's your opinion, which is fine.

But you only need to say that once, not every day.
    We're all well aware of how Celtic-fans on here view Whyte, we all know you see him as a conman, a fraud,...

edit:

Another idiot.

AlC5Y9-CAAAd7qc.jpg

Pompey, to be fair, if you look at our situation in the last few years (more than a few years really), Celtic should have at least won more titles and probably should not have lost the title last season. But Rangers earnt the last 3 titles in a row. A fantastic achievement when you consider the problems.

Smiths' time in charge certainly was impressive with the limited resources at his disposal, Lennon was incredibly unlucky last season, 92 points was a fantastic return which would have won the league the previous 5 seasons, it just happened that Smith somehow managed to top it.

If McCoist wants to top Lennon's record for his first season in charge he can only afford to drop 3 more points between now and the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Well why dont the fans get organised and demand and answers? Stop bowing and scraping to authority, loyalty can only go so far. **** sake stand up for yourselves and your club instead of lashing at out at the timmy and the media.

Well why dont the fans get organised and demand and answers? Stop bowing and scraping to authority, loyalty can only go so far. **** sake stand up for yourselves and your club instead of lashing at out at the timmy and the media.

The RST have already asked for a meeting.

The RST have already asked for a meeting.

I'm not having ago by the way. I just find it astonishing the way rangers fans seem to be taking this lying down. Asking for a meeting? Organize a mass protest at the ground or next home game and show your true feelings if of course ye are really concerned.

• Advertisement

I'd wish that as well, sadly the Rangers support is fickle these days, most of them don't know what's happening, don't know if they should support Whyte or hound him out,...

What someone said on here about it 'not being the Rangers way' is sadly correct, some fans seem to think it's silly to protest (As the response to the 'We deserve better' banners suggested).

It will probably change if celtic will the title. It always does.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

I'd wish that as well, sadly the Rangers support is fickle these days, most of them don't know what's happening, don't know if they should support Whyte or hound him out,...

What someone said on here about it 'not being the Rangers way' is sadly correct, some fans seem to think it's silly to protest (As the response to the 'We deserve better' banners suggested).

Wont consider it cos the celts did it.

Probably sums up the more irrational side of our rivalry (works both ways of course).

While I'd have a good giggle at Rangers being goosed I certainly wouldn't like to see a vulture like Whyte profiting from ANY football clubs problems.

Rangers fans need to pull the finger out to give themselves a fighting chance of keeping the club alive.

It will probably change if celtic will the title. It always does.

What will change? the fans attitude???

What will change? the fans attitude???
    Yes. Seeing celtic win the league and us with no investment and getting worse could change attitude and even the direction of the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Your claim that Celtic fans repeatedly come on to tell the Rangers fans how blind they are after the fact would infer that they are usually right??

And while a guilty verdict in the tax case will speed the whole process up, Rangers are going bust either way, simple economics really.

''For every £5 Celtic spend we'll spend £10'' talk about a quote that bites in the arse, cant wait to have my t-shirt printed :D

Yes. Seeing celtic win the league and us with no investment and getting worse could change attitude and even the direction of the club.

Could be too late by then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

I'm not having ago by the way. I just find it astonishing the way rangers fans seem to be taking this lying down. Asking for a meeting? Organize a mass protest at the ground or next home game and show your true feelings if of course ye are really concerned.
    Well said Coillte Bhoy,I totally agree with everything said in that post. I posted something very similar on Sunday evening after rangers defeat in the Cup and I got a very heated OTT reaction from 1 rangers poster on here. Personally I can't understand how there hasn't been mass protests so far over their current situation.

dartbhoy wrote: »
    Well said Coillte Bhoy,I totally agree with everything said in that post. I posted something very similar on Sunday evening after rangers defeat in the Cup and I got a very heated OTT reaction from 1 rangers poster on here. Personally I can't understand how there hasn't been mass protests so far over their current situation.

Some people just can't accept that Whyte/White might not be whiter than white I guess.

• Advertisement

Some people just can't accept that Whyte/White might not be whiter than white I guess.
    Well it's actually astonishing at this stage that some rangers fans are still backing Whyte despite this man been a complete chancer IMO.

See, and that's my problem with the Celtic fans in here.

There's hardly any Rangers fan still 'backing Whyte', but don't let that get in the way of your 'argument'.
    The vast majority are just unsure what to think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

Well it's actually astonishing at this stage that some rangers fans are still backing Whyte despite this man been a complete chancer IMO.

Find me some Rangers fans backing Whyte, the vast majority don't back him, they're on the fence because David Murray left us in the **** and he's the one who's taken over. Whoever took over, we would still be in the same state.

Keith is or at least was a day or two ago. But being serious the lack of outrage and opposition form supporter groups leads us me believe that there isnt any great opposition to him. I could be wrong of course, just the way it seems to me.

TheBuilder wrote: »
    Find me some Rangers fans backing Whyte, the vast majority don't back him, they're on the fence because David Murray left us in the **** and he's the one who's taken over. Whoever took over, we would still be in the same state.

Well this looks like tacit approval of whyte to me. You dont seem to think he has done anything wrong since he took over, or that he may be a dodgy character.

Keith is or at least was a day or two ago. But being serious the lack of outrage and opposition form supporter groups leads us me believe that there isnt any great opposition to him. I could be wrong of course, just the way it seems to me.

There is opposition to him, but the problem is fans are that worried about the club they don't know what to do. He is in total control, he's not hiding, he's answering questions clearly and stubbornly. That doesn't mean I trust him, I don't, but heading to the car park just doesn't appeal to me, I don't think it will work.

• Advertisement

Well this looks like tacit approval of whyte to me. You dont seem to think he has done anything wrong since he took over, or that he may be a dodgy character.

As I say in the above post, I don't trust him in the slightest. But he is all we have and we're stuck with him unfortunately, the fans protesting isn't going to make a difference if we're so much in the **** as reported.

While I don't like the guy, I still think there are some being unfair on him, like the BBC, I think they're going over the top in an attempt to blacken his name (more). The same media wouldn't say a word against Murray, who is the person who has caused this mess.

Well judging by the post you made Sunday evening in response to my post It seemed fairly clear to me that you were backing Whyte.

As I say in the above post, I don't trust him in the slightest. But he is all we have and we're stuck with him unfortunately, the fans protesting isn't going to make a difference if we're so much in the **** as reported.

While I don't like the guy, I still think there are some being unfair on him, like the BBC, I think they're going over the top in an attempt to blacken his name (more). The same media wouldn't say a word against Murray, who is the person who has caused this mess.

Buit why not at least demand answers of whyte for his actions to date and his plans for the future?

As for Murray, glad to see you acknowledge the craven media fawning over him

I know I said I was staying out of this thread but I have to come in to answer this. Getting up off their asses and telling Whyte to get to ****? How many fans do you know with that amount of money that can oust Whyte and take on a potential tax bill, don't be so ****ing ridiculous. No matter who is in charge, with this bill hanging over us our hands are tied.

This thread would be as well closed, Rangers fans have given up on any input it seems because every single time football gets mentioned its turned into a slagging match.

I guess winning the league 4 years in a row with no money was a bit too much to ask, enjoy it while you can, we'll be back
    Well judging by the post you made Sunday evening in response to my post It seemed fairly clear to me that you were backing Whyte.

That post? Where did I say I was backing Whyte? That clearly says no fan group can afford to take over the club when there's a 49million pound bill hanging over our heads. How you came to the conclusion I back Whyte is beyond me.

Buit why not at least demand answers of whyte for his actions to date and his plans for the future?

As for Murray, glad to see you acknowledge the craven media fawning over him

What questions can be asked other than those that were asked in his most recent interview? He will just give fans the same answer. We're stuck between a rock and a hard place as fans, the club is in turmoil but if we stop going its only going to get worse.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement