Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Eirebear wrote: »
    I think this part is key top that post.

**** all we can do now mate.

The only thing Whyte will bring you guys is further misery. The sooner you club together and get rid of him the better for you guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

The only thing Whyte will bring you guys is further misery. The sooner you club together and get rid of him the better for you guys.

Yeah, let's bring back Murray.

You don't get it, do you ?
    There's nobody else out there at this point, willing to take over.

Yeah, maybe after admin people will step up, but who in their right mind would jump in now ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭the realpigiron

I remember the days when Celtic were close to going into admin. I remember the media reports taking about the club being mismanaged by the Kelly family. Fergus McCann came in and saved the club from the ignominy of admin and then quickly issued a share option to get the fans involved in bolstering the clubs finances. This strategy would surely work for Rangers as well but doesn't appear to have been on the cards at any point. I guess Craig Whyte is no Fergus McCann, like Dan Quayle was no JFK.

So what happens now. They'll go into admin be stripped of assets but have their debt largely written down. I guess they'll be debt free and able to compete with Celtic within a year or so. It's not like they'll be relegated like Leeds or Portsmouth were in England. It looks to me like Whyte is taking the easier option as regards facing up to the debt that Rangers FC have incurred, by going into admin and largely welching on that debt.

Who takes up the slack on the debt that Rangers don't pay? The previous board at Rangers had severe reservations about Whyte, I guess their reservations are being borne out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

An interesting take on the legal aspect of yesterday's events: Link.

The Company Voluntary Arrangement may not be as straightforward as is being suggested, should Rangers go for Administration and seek a CVA then Whyte's dodgy past may at that point stop being a minor irritant to fans tired of it being brought up by the media and instead it could develop into a real and serious threat to the future of the club.

It is also interesting how he points out that signing Cousin will not go down well with HMRC should Rangers go seeking a CVA.

Who takes up the slack on the debt that Rangers don't pay? The previous board at Rangers had severe reservations about Whyte, I guess their reservations are being borne out.

As with most administrations some big parties will jump in and get the biggest share of the debt, while the majority of small companies, contractors,... will get **** all.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I remember the days when Celtic were close to going into admin. I remember the media reports taking about the club being mismanaged by the Kelly family. Fergus McCann came in and saved the club from the ignominy of admin and then quickly issued a share option to get the fans involved in bolstering the clubs finances. This strategy would surely work for Rangers as well but doesn't appear to have been on the cards at any point. I guess Craig Whyte is no Fergus McCann, like Dan Quayle was no JFK.

So what happens now. They'll go into admin be stripped of assets but have their debt largely written down. I guess they'll be debt free and able to compete with Celtic within a year or so. It's not like they'll be relegated like Leeds or Portsmouth were in England. It looks to me like Whyte is taking the easier option as regards facing up to the debt that Rangers FC have incurred, by going into admin and largely welching on that debt.

In fairness to White/Whyte, while I think he's a pretty dubious character, the current state of Rangers is down to the previous board and not him. Now don't get me wrong, I've no idea why White/Whyte would have bought Rangers knowing about the possible tax case, that's another story - but Murray and co. are the ones who are responsible ultimately for what we are now seeing.

You can be certain of one thing - Rangers will not go out of existence.

An interesting take on the legal aspect of yesterday's events: Link.

The Company Voluntary Arrangement may not be as straightforward as is being suggested, should Rangers go for Administration and seek a CVA then Whyte's dodgy past may at that point stop being a minor irritant to fans tired of it being brought up by the media and instead it could develop into a real and serious threat to the future of the club.

It is also interesting how he points out that signing Cousin will not go down well with HMRC should Rangers go seeking a CVA.

He has no hope in hell of getting a CVA. This is smoke and mirrors and blustering from him. He throws out a soundbite saying how hard Rangers are working with HMRC to obtain a CVA... in a few days time he'll be blaming HMRC for not granting it. Saying that "Rangers are working very closely with HMRC to hopefully obtain a CVA" really means I'm talking through my hoop but I'm going to blame HMRC when really they're not at fault.

Lie, deflect and blame, that's what Whyte does. The guy is a charlatan. He blames everyone else bar himself for the state Rangers are in but he won't answer any questions about his stewardship of the club... just look at his blanket refusal to release the audited accounts as proof! If he releases them then everyone can see what he's being doing at the club and where all his cock ups have been.

PauloMN wrote: »
    In fairness to White/Whyte, while I think he's a pretty dubious character, the current state of Rangers is down to the previous board and not him. Now don't get me wrong, I've no idea why White/Whyte would have bought Rangers knowing about the possible tax case, that's another story - but Murray and co. are the ones who are responsible ultimately for what we are now seeing.

You can be certain of one thing - Rangers will not go out of existence.

Whyte's eyes were open when he bought RFC, Murray might have ran the club into the ground but Whyte knew exactly what the score was when he purchased Rangers, he chose to buy them, he has a plan up his sleeve to extract money out of them and he's pursuing it as we speak.

"Rangers" might not go out of business but there's a very strong possibility that Rangers will.

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    You don't get it, do you ?

No mate, I've got it all along...

Seriously... you make a comment earlier that sounds as if you're getting a grasp of what's happening at your club and then you come out with this???

FOUR years season ticket money is gone just to get you to this position now. A position where you are spending over £10m more per annum than you are taking in and that's after downsizing under Murray for years.

He is just waiting to put you guys in administration, I am 100% sure of that. You will be in administration by the end of the year, he will blame the Tax man, and he will make a profit out of his tenure with you guys... but Timmy is saying it so it can't be true.

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    No, what's happening is that 'Timmy' is spouting the same old bull**** time and time again.

It's getting boring as ****, we all know you lot are waiting for us to go in admin, no need to fill this thread with the same old **** day in, day out.

No doubt you'll turn this into 'Omg you're so blind lol', as you so often seem to do but whatever.

All I (And you) know is that we have to wait until the tax case is resolved, everything before that is speculation at best.

What bull are we spouting?

Regardless of the Tax Case I reckon you'll be going into administration anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

He has no hope in hell of getting a CVA. This is smoke and mirrors and blustering from him. He throws out a soundbite saying how hard Rangers are working with HMRC to obtain a CVA... in a few days time he'll be blaming HMRC for not granting it. Saying that "Rangers are working very closely with HMRC to hopefully obtain a CVA" really means I'm talking through my hoop but I'm going to blame HMRC when really they're not at fault.

Lie, deflect and blame, that's what Whyte does. The guy is a charlatan. He blames everyone else bar himself for the state Rangers are in but he won't answer any questions about his stewardship of the club... just look at his blanket refusal to release the audited accounts as proof! If he releases them then everyone can see what he's being doing at the club and where all his cock ups have been.
    And rightly so. It is that bastard David Murray who has put in this position. Craig Whyte was the only guy who decided to take the club on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

KeithAFC wrote: »
    And rightly so. It is that bastard David Murray who has put in this position. Craig Whyte was the only guy who decided to take the club on.

He certainly doesnt seem to be in it for the good of Rangers though.

No mate, I've got it all along...

That's not what I was talking about, but I'm sure you know that.

You've constantly kept repeating that we don't see how bad Whyte is and that we should get rid of him, failing to grasp the simple fact that we can't.

When the tax case ends, yes, then we can get rid of him.
    But as of now ? Not a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

I saw earlier that Murray is going to be talking to Sky Sports News today on the administration, it'll be very interesting to hear what he has to say!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Johnston has been saying that Murray has a buy back clause in the £1 deal, could be very interesting stuff

I'd rather go bust than hand that bastard the club back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Hopefully Craig Whyte does know what he is doing and is doing it in the best interests of Rangers FC in the long term. I suppose we now have no choice but to hope for the best.

LOL and did you not call a Celtic fan naive earlier for believing we can survive with The Rangers, you belong on a stage my good man :D

LOL and did you not call a Celtic fan naive earlier for believing we can survive with The Rangers, you belong on a stage my good man :D
    What? I don't see anything wrong with what I have said. You seem to think we are loving Craig Whyte. No. The point is we have no choice at the moment to wait and see what happens. It wasn't Craig Whyte who got us into this situation. Lets remember that.

What? I don't see anything wrong with what I have said. You seem to think we are loving Craig Whyte. No. The point is we have no choice at the moment to wait and see what happens. It wasn't Craig Whyte who got us into this situation. Lets remember that.

Yes, Murray + co are responsible but the big question is what is Whytes motives for taking over a club knowing what he did after the due diligence. Everything that has happened, financial side of the club, has been well documented for a long time. He says that he doesn't like the publicity and scrutiny that comes with owning a football club. Why buy Rangers then?

Is it ego driven to show the world that he is a good businessman that can finally put the welfare of his employees before his own or is he trying to do what he has a track record in, looking after no.1 and making a quick buck? Considering how he has positioned himself at Rangers, the answer is blindingly obvious to me. He has his interests as a priority over Rangers FC.

Off course you are not loving Whyte, but my point is you should be hating him as much as you do Murray, the guy is conning your club and all anyone can do is blame the previous owner, yes Murray started all this and is responsible, but Whyte is going to ensure he gets everything he can out of ye before the ship sinks, how anyone cant see that is beyond me.

From Day one he has done nothing but lie, decieve and deny. While all the time lining he's own pockets. He would make a very fine politican with he's deflection skills aswell. Attacking Murray will sove nothing that ccant be changed now, what can be done is getting Whyte away from yer club asap, while theres still a club to save.

CARLOS BOCANEGRA has vast experience in a career that has spanned four countries but even he hasn't seen a week like this in football.

The American captain admits it has been a difficult week for everyone associated with the club and he is now determined that he and his team mates produce a performance to lift the supporters this weekend.
    He said: "They give us excellent support and I hope that everyone still comes out to cheer us on.

"As players we need to go out and perform and give them something to be happy about.

"They need something at the weekend to raise the spirits but they are all staying behind us and the support at this club has been fantastic since I've been here and that's been a really cool experience.

"I don't see that going anywhere. The fans are pretty loyal and their roots are pretty deep and tied in with this club.

"It's a difficult situation for them but we need to go out there and give them something to look forward to.

"This is the time when everybody needs to stick together. There might be finger pointing and apportioning of blame but in the end we are all in it together
    We need to stick together and we'll pull through it. This club has been round for a long time and has a lot of history so it'll be OK."

"This club has a lot of support around the world, but especially here with the fan base in Glasgow.

"For them I know it is really frustrating because as players we come and go but the fans have been here for a long time so hopefully it works out in the best possible scenario."

Bocanegra knows there is nothing he can do to influence matters off the pitch, but wants to do everything he can to lift supporters with a performance on it.

He added: "Last week we didn't start fantastically but we got some momentum and played quite well.

"Saying that we didn't have a good result the week before and we need to be a bit more consistent regardless of anything that's going on off the field.

"As a competitor, any time you go on to the field you want to win. Everything else is out of our hands and it might sound clichéd to say it but we can't do anything about it."

Captain America.

• Advertisement

It wasn't Craig Whyte who got us into this situation. Lets remember that.

If by "this situation" you mean administration and practically handing Celtic the title because of the 10 point penalty then I think you will find it actually was Craig Whyte who got you into it. This current mess is of his making and not Murray's.

I honesty think Rangers would have been better off had Murray stayed at the helm instead of Whyte.

Yes, Rangers are in Administration because of taxes that Whyte hasnt paid since he took over.

Given what we know now, shep the dog would have done a far better job of managing Rangers finances than Whyte

It wasn't Craig Whyte who got us into this situation. Lets remember that.

It is solely Craig Whyte's fault that you ARE in administration!

You are in administration because Rangers have failed to pay tax since Whyte took over last May.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I still don't get it though, why would White/Whyte have bought the club, knowing it was in a complete jocker? Ok he's made it even worse since taking over, but assuming he knew about the potential tax bill, why the f**k would he have touched it with a barge pole as a "business man"?

I still don't get it though, why would White/Whyte have bought the club, knowing it was in a complete jocker? Ok he's made it even worse since taking over, but assuming he knew about the potential tax bill, why the f**k would he have touched it with a barge pole as a "business man"?

1. He gets the fans to pay for his takeover of the club - it costs him nothing.

2. He pulls a wage from the club during his stewardship.

3. If he wins the Big Tax Case he's quids in as he's got a club that's worth far more than it owes. He can sell for a profit when it's done and dusted.

4. If he loses the Big Tax Case then he still holds the aces as the preferred creditor, basically he calls the shots and the club ends up in liquidation.

5. He blames David Murray and out of the ashes rises a NewCo Rangers club with him at the helm and with Ibrox as still it's home thus instantly the new club, debt free, with the legacy of the old The Rangers is worth tens of millions overnight.

At absolutely no financial risk to himself he can make millions seemingly regardless of what happens.

However, it remains to be seen if he's lined his ducks up the way he wanted and if things actually pan out the way he needed them to.

1. He gets the fans to pay for his takeover of the club - it costs him nothing.

2. He pulls a wage from the club during his stewardship.

3. If he wins the Big Tax Case he's quids in as he's got a club that's worth far more than it owes. He can sell for a profit when it's done and dusted.

4. If he loses the Big Tax Case then he still holds the aces as the preferred creditor, basically he calls the shots and the club ends up in liquidation.

5. He blames David Murray and out of the ashes rises a NewCo Rangers club with him at the helm and with Ibrox as still it's home thus instantly the new club, debt free, with the legacy of the old The Rangers is worth tens of millions overnight.

At absolutely no financial risk to himself he can make millions seemingly regardless of what happens.

However, it remains to be seen if he's lined his ducks up the way he wanted and if things actually pan out the way he needed them to.

I should have gone to business school.... this working lark is killing me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

I should have gone to business school.... this working lark is killing me!

its opportunism at its finest, he is gonna make a fortune by dragging Rangers through the ****.

He does claim that he's not getting a penny from the club (i.e. wages) but then again you cant trust what he says.

538xkz.jpg

As good as sold out, a few days to go.
    Last I heard about 2000 tickets left.

Hopefully Ally and the players get the great support they need.

• Advertisement

The Rangers fans are loyal. Loyalty needs to be shown for the rest of the season. Try to pack the ground as much as possible.

The Rangers fans are loyal. Loyalty needs to be shown for the rest of the season. Try to pack the ground as much as possible.

Shouldnt that be ''The The Rangers fans'' no???

Shouldnt that be ''The The Rangers fans'' no???

I know English isn't my native language but even I know that 'The Rangers fans' is correct, whether you mean 'Rangers' or 'The Rangers' ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

are rangers gona lose any players?

EdenHazard wrote: »
    are rangers gona lose any players?

Apparently there's going to be an announcement next week but it's hard to see how their first team won't be decimated unless a number of players decide to play for free.

A MYSTERY American millionaire is among " several" interested individuals and groups ready to rescue Rangers when it emerges from Administration.
    The Stars and Stripes businessman has been approached in the past to be a potential buyer but baulked at taking on the debts and tax demands to take control at Ibrox.

Express/Star sport has learned however that he has now forwarded a " note of interest " to Administrators Duff and Phelps asking to be kept informed about developments.

With the long term interest in Rangers of current owner Craig Whyte remaining uncertain Adminstrator Paul Clark yesterday confirmed a number of parties --including at least one consortium -- had already been in contact with a view to buying the club once the financial crisis has been resolved.

"As Administrators we have a duty to look at all other expressions of interest in the club. To date we have had several such expressions and these will be examined in the forthcoming days and weeks and I will not comment on them individually

"I would like to say that as Administrators we are acutely aware of the 140 year history of Rangers and we are taking the first steps to ensure this great sporting institution will endure."

It's thought that any new owner would have to fork out in the region of £25m to secure the stadium, Murray Park training complex and the Albion Car Park.

Former Rangers chairman Alastair Johnston who is based in Cleveland, Ohio and has been highly critical of Whyte tried to find a buyer in previous years and helped source a £20m cash injection from Bahamas based billionaire Joe Lewis back in 1997 .But it's not known if he is involved in finding another " white knight "

Rangers currently have three USA internationals on their books . Maurice Edu Carlos Bocanegra and Alejandro Bedoya.

http://www.express.c...sts/view/302654

• Advertisement

TBH, Paul Murray is your best chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Just like they did against Dundee Utd

This is different. Watch the ground be packed this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

This is different. Watch the ground be packed this weekend.

Honest question, do you think the main reason the game is sold out is to support the team or protest against the owner?

RoryMac wrote: »
    Honest question, do you think the main reason the game is sold out is to support the team or protest against the owner?
    Support for the club.

• Advertisement

Support for the club.

"We don't do walking away"

Sadly i'm working on saturday so can't go. I know BBE The Builder and our other wee bro will be there though.

Sadly i'm working on saturday so can't go. I know BBE The Builder and our other wee bro will be there though.

Might aswell get a look at the old place while ye can, wouldnt know what HMRC could be using it for in a few weeks :p

:)

Support for the club.

Presumably it will also be the last chance for the fans to see quite a few of the current team play for Rangers. The team to play Inverness in a week should be a very different side to the one out tomorrow.

Presumably it will also be the last chance for the fans to see quite a few of the current team play for Rangers. The team to play Inverness in a week should be a very different side to the one out tomorrow.
    Would not matter if it was a painter or a chef playing for The Rangers at the moment.

Would not matter if it was a painter or a chef playing for The Rangers at the moment.

Presumably it would matter what political outlook that chef has though ;)?

"If they play on the streets, we will watch them from the pavements"

I wouldn't rule that out at the moment.

Is right. Follow on.

Presumably it would matter what political outlook that chef has though ;)?
    Yes. :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement