Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Rangers: McGregor; Broadfoot, Goian, Bocanegra, Papac; Aluko, Davis, Edu, Wallace; McCulloch, Healy.

Subs: Alexander, Perry, McCabe, Wylde, Hemmings, Kerkar, Mervan

For the next couple of hours off field matter do not concern me.
    It's all about Ally and the players.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Eirebear wrote: »
    "If they play on the streets, we will watch them from the pavements"

Quote from a Galatasaray fan, surprised at their support, their forums are filled with it.

Cracking atmosphere.

0-1
    Dean Shiels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

Papac red card. Things not going to plan for the full house today.

Has anyone heard anything about a Czech Consortium being interested in Rangers?

Papac off - reckless tackle but not a straight red imo.

Players need to get a ****ing grip of themselves, the fans that turned up today deserve much better than this ****e.

Scratch that - just seen it again.
    Stupid tackle, red card.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Eirebear wrote: »
    Scratch that - just seen it again.
    Stupid tackle, red card.

Even having seen it, I think red was harsh enough, I expected a yellow but Papac is not a dirty player. Silly tackle alright, but was surprised to see a straight red.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

Not watching the game.

Do ye deserve to be 1 down?

• Advertisement

Not really, 1-1 would have been more correct.

Healy was never offside for his goal.

bobmalooka wrote: »
    Not watching the game.

Do ye deserve to be 1 down?

They should be down by 2 or 3 mate. Healy off now and Mervan Celik on :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,432 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Hmm I think Rangers playing ok well enough for draw so far.

Next goal is big now.

Rangers just shading it in the inetpness stakes from the linesmen today tbh.

Brines needs to be sacked, this is not incompetence but cheating.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭the realpigiron

Things not going Rangers way, couldn't happen to a nicer bunch:D

• Advertisement

**** you Brines, that's twice today.

Motherwell winning 3-0. Mind the gap:D

Two-footed challenge from a Killie player 'aye nae bother, have a yellow card'.

Brines, **** off.

Can't believe that's Fiowler only getting booked now - brines is a ****ing joke, his linesmen have been a ****ing joke.
    Unfotunately the players have been a ****ing joke too.

Awaytogetdrunk Loyal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

The top 4 in the spl taking the first letter from each club and reading from 4th to 1st now reads HMRC :)

thanks BBC

• Advertisement

Bad first half, decent second half, should have won this were it not for Brines.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Bad first half, decent second half, should have won this were it not for Brines.

Was listening on the radio there and according to the BBC commentator, Killie were comfortable and deserving winners.

karma_ wrote: »
    Was listening on the radio there and according to the BBC commentator, Killie were comfortable and deserving winners.

Watched the game, and no they werent.

1st half they were the better side i agree - but then again Healy was never offside for the first chopped off goal.
    2nd half they didnt really threaten - Rangers had a second perfectly good goal chopped off, and were probably the better side.

Killie played well, but the BBC are talking ****e.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Pains me to say this as a Celtic fan, but Rangers were robbed of that today by Brines.

Rangers were the better side and should have won, but when your luck is out....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

That's some result. Heard Killie were one up earlier but still thought Rangers would pull it back. It's not surprising though, There's a lot of poor players in that team, gone is the quality and it looks downhill from here on.

Not really down to bad players though, we should have won this if Brines didn't cheat us out of two perfectly good goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Not really down to bad players though, we should have won this if Brines didn't cheat us out of two perfectly good goals.

I just saw the header, it looked a perfectly good goal tbf. Brines is a sh*te referee.

Well Rangers would know a lot about cheating. They cheated their way to numerous league titles and cups over the years, spending money they didn't have on players and not paying taxes and pension contributions of their employees etc.

You were cheated out of a draw yesterday were ya, well boohoo. Ye should be put out of business and have your titles stripped from ye. Rangers are a disgrace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Well Rangers would know a lot about cheating. They cheated their way to numerous league titles and cups over the years, spending money they didn't have on players and not paying taxes and pension contributions of their employees etc.

You were cheated out of a draw yesterday were ya, well boohoo. Ye should be put out of business and have your titles stripped from ye. Rangers are a disgrace.
    :pac:

Calm down.

• Advertisement

Gee, you'll give yourself a heart attack dude.

Has he come up for air yet.

The obsession of some Celtic fans sprouting thrash is disappointing, but not surprising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,216 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

I see the Scottish papers are reporting on the "bile" being sung, yet again, from Ibrox.

"We're bankrupt, our teams needs a lift, i know let's sing songs about hating Catholics!"

Just curious what are the chances at this stage of Rangers getting a chance to play in Europe from SFA by end of March?

Would ye be optimistic or does it look unlikely?

Out of a win you ****ing idiot.

Honestly, **** off if you hate us so much, nobody is forcing you to come into a thread about 'a disgrace'.

Bobby: Gross exageration, one rendition of The Billy Boys was heard but it drowned out pretty fast (some are even saying it was Killie singing their version of it, but I don't know about that).

By the way, you need to make up your mind.
    If it was TBB that was sung then it refers to Fenians, and you always say you're not insulted by that.

The Sunday Times are quoting a government official who says that HMRC will try and negotiate a deal with Rangers.

Out of a win you ****ing idiot.

Honestly, **** off if you hate us so much, nobody is forcing you to come into a thread about 'a disgrace'.

Bobby: Gross exageration, one rendition of The Billy Boys was heard but it drowned out pretty fast (some are even saying it was Killie singing their version of it, but I don't know about that).

By the way, you need to make up your mind.
    If it was TBB that was sung then it refers to Fenians, and you always say you're not insulted by that.

The Sunday Times are quoting a government official who says that HMRC will try and negotiate a deal with Rangers.

Sing what you like mate, you seem to think i offered an opinion on what was said whereas i'm just pointing out what the papers said.

My bad, carry on :p

Has he come up for air yet.

The obsession of some Celtic fans sprouting thrash is disappointing, but not surprising.

In fairness, not many have been more obsessed with Rangers FC lately than yourself. You are posting more here and on the admin thread than most Rangers fans are!

PauloMN wrote: »
    In fairness, not many have been more obsessed with Rangers FC lately than yourself. You are posting more here and on the admin thread than most Rangers fans are!

Pathetic!!

• Advertisement

Pathetic!!

You said it mate, maybe a few posts I could understand, but you're always here lately. :pac:

I see the Scottish papers are reporting on the "bile" being sung, yet again, from Ibrox.

"We're bankrupt, our teams needs a lift, i know let's sing songs about hating Catholics!"

You mean Republicans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

KeithAFC wrote: »

You mean Republicans?

I never knew that's what "no pope of rome" was about...evidently pope benny was into that sort of craic back in the day, fair play for digging that up

IRA.jpg

He's just after finishing mass there as you can see :pac:

So which songs offended Bobby sands (named after a IRA terrorist).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

maybe hes not named after him... for all you know thats his real name haha, but seriously you sidestepped the point in your usual manner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,411 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Sunday Herald report on yesterdays game
    A rendition of God Save The Queen became half-hearted as the game was played out, but the objective of reviving the spirit of Rangers, of expressing defiance, had been lost by then. The occasion had an edge, but at times it delivered only a self-inflicted harm.

Perhaps the home fans, in the circumstances of their adversity, fell back on instinct. They certainly abandoned their restraint. What arose was the kind of sentiment that the club have been working hard to eradicate. There was a rendition of Super Rangers in the first half, with a clear chant of "F***** bastards". Then the Billy Boys, a song banned by Uefa for the line, "we're up to our knees in F***** blood", was sung. After the interval, and some decisions by Iain Brines that riled the home fans, the vast majority of the stadium chanted, "Who's the F***** in the black".

The return of the old anti-Catholic intolerance was a depressing occurrence. The day was an opportunity for the Rangers fans to show their spirit, to express the devotion that would be the strongest defence against the threat of club's perilous financial state. Around kick-off, the songs had been rousing and it was possible to acknowledge that the support of the club, in its vastness and its commitment, could be a positive influence in the coming difficult weeks.

Yet what the supporters emphasised was a confusion of intent. They came to display how they might save their club, but then betrayed it. It is a time when Rangers' identity, and their own influence, can be redefined. The club is in a vulnerable state, but can still be redeemed. Religious bigotry had become a relic, but its sudden resurgence, as an emotional, almost spontaneous reaction, suggests that it still lies too close to the surface.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/rangers-the-worst-of-times.16793953

• Advertisement

PauloMN wrote: »
    You said it mate, maybe a few posts I could understand, but you're always here lately. :pac:

I bet if you were to count how many posts you have in here compared to me I know who my money would be on.

Your stupidity and ignorance is laughable.:pac:

I bet if you were to count how many posts you have in here compared to me I know who my money would be on.

Your stupidity and ignorance is laughable.:pac:

Ohhh, personal insults now. Well done. :rolleyes:

Of course I'd have more posts on here than you - you've completely missed my point (unsurprisingly).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭Old Gill

You mean Republicans?

No pope of rome
    **** the pope and the ira
    whos the fenian in the black
    up to our knees in fenian blood

The sooner this cancer is removed from scottish sport the better. anyone on here who tries and defends such singing needs to take a look at themselves but i suspect they are too bigoted to see any harm in it.

Old Gill wrote: »
    No pope of rome
    **** the pope and the ira
    whos the fenian in the black
    up to our knees in fenian blood

The sooner this cancer is removed from scottish sport the better. anyone on here who tries and defends such singing needs to take a look at themselves but i suspect they are too bigoted to see any harm in it.
    No different from the normal celtic away day with the up the RA, I I IRA, Huns this and that, Boys of the Old brigade and so on. Anti British, anti Protestant chants.

None, sing what you like mo chara.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement