Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

KeithAFC wrote: »

20120223-1w78crm8ew8ucdxjpy7ed2rxf3.jpg

(nicked off KDS)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    I assume they'll arrest Paul McGowan too then, for having the audacity of using the term 'Fenian' in a song ? :pac:

Where in that report does it say the individual arrested was arrested for using the term ''fenian''??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Where in that report does it say the individual arrested was arrested for using the term ''fenian''??

Apparently the kid was arrested for singing part of The Billy Boys, and since 'Fenian' is why it's banned...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭Old Gill

Dempsey wrote: »
    Worth a flutter but I'd be cautious, its hard to know which Rangers will turn up. Where are you getting 5/1? LB & BF are only giving 4/1 :D

was 5/1 earlier in week..must have been cut. 4/1 still decent but not as tempting

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Apparently the kid was arrested for singing part of The Billy Boys, and since 'Fenian' is why it's banned...

Its banned for its violent and intolerant message about "Fenians" not because it uses the word Fenian.

Of course you know this, its also a pretty blatant and pathetic attempt to deflect away from the fact that in their last days of existence, Rangers fans decided it would be appropriate to go out singing the rotten little chants that have made them so reviled across Europe

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Its banned for its violent and intolerant message about "Fenians" not because it uses the word Fenian.

Precisely, context is something Jelle seems to have a problem with.

Absolute bollocks, ask any cop in Scotland and he will tell you that you can be arrested for use of the word 'Fenian'.
    Whether that's correct or not is another debate, but the word itself can definitely land you in trouble.

Btw, don't kid yourself on, we're not 'reviled across Europe'.

Btw, don't kid yourself on, we're not 'reviled across Europe'.

Well, ok.

I should have said, reviled where known about across Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

Of course you know this, its also a pretty blatant and pathetic attempt to deflect away from the fact that in their last days of existence, Rangers fans decided it would be appropriate to go out singing the rotten little chants that have made them so reviled across Europe

Well no they didnt, because they didn't sing them as I already explained. "Who's the fenian in the black" is the only song that was sung on Saturday. TBB was drowned out before it got near the fenian line.

Your posts reek of someone who is uneducated and only wants to have a dig at Rangers.

TheBuilder wrote: »
    Well no they didnt, because they didn't sing them as I already explained. "Who's the fenian in the black" is the only song that was sung on Saturday. TBB was drowned out before it got near the fenian line.

Your posts reek of someone who is uneducated and only wants to have a dig at Rangers.

Your posts are hilariously contradictory.

How can Whos that fenian in the black be the only song that was song but you go on to mention that The Billy Boys was also sung.

Please, id have a personal dig at you too but whats the point, your own posts demean you as much as anyone elses could.

• Advertisement

How can Whos that fenian in the black be the only song that was song but you go on to mention that The Billy Boys was also sung.

Please, id have a personal dig at you too but whats the point, your own posts demean you as much as anyone elses could.

Actually no, because the banned song was not sung, cos it got as far as "Hello Hello, We are..." before being drowned out by the other 9/10th's of the stadium, so my point stands about whos the fenian in the black being the only song from a list previously posted being sung.

Yeah I made a dig at you, because I can't recall you posting in this thread much until the past few weeks when the **** really hit the fan.

Remind me who you support again?

Actually no, because the banned song was not sung, cos it got as far as "Hello Hello, We are..." before being drowned out by the other 9/10th's of the stadium, so my point stands about whos the fenian in the black being the only song from a list previously posted being sung.

Yeah I made a dig at you, because I can't recall you posting in this thread much until the past few weeks when the **** really hit the fan.

So, the song was still being sung. You admit that? Rangers fans were singing a vile and repulsive sectarian song.

Yet somehow it wasnt being sung.

Hey, ive got an idea!

How about every time you hear Rangers fans chating sectarian things you just stick your fingers in your ears and chant NANANANANANA I Cant Hear you!!

Because apparently, that means it isnt happening.

A builder living in Ireland and supporting Rangers, jaysus you should be on suicide watch mate, you have problems!

The song was sung but died out before it got to the offensive part.
    Killie fans sang their own version though.

So, the song was still being sung. You admit that? Rangers fans were singing a vile and repulsive sectarian song.

Yet somehow it wasnt being sung.

Hey, ive got an idea!

How about every time you hear Rangers fans chating sectarian things you just stick your fingers in your ears and chant NANANANANANA I Cant Hear you!!

Because apparently, that means it isnt happening.

The point is, supposedly "Rangers fans were singing sectarian bile" "Rangers fans were singing a vile and repulsive sectarian song", when that clearly isn't true so dump the whole mockrage ffs.

The song was drowned out and it stopped.

Who is it you support again?

A builder living in Ireland and supporting Rangers, jaysus you should be on suicide watch mate, you have problems!

haha, I'm fine mate! If I was a builder I would've left the country long ago!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

The song was sung but died out before it got to the offensive part.
    Killie fans sang their own version though.

Killie must be the new Chelsea! :)

The point is, supposedly "Rangers fans were singing sectarian bile" "Rangers fans were singing a vile and repulsive sectarian song", when that clearly isn't true so dump the whole mockrage ffs.

The song was drowned out and it stopped.

Who is it you support again?

Yet again, tell me how it wasnt true that Rangers fans werent singing it?

You've admitted over several posts that they were singing it.

You claim it was drowned out and it stopped, which sounds like utter bull**** honestly but even that doesnt stop the fact that Rangers fans were singing it.

Go ahead, claim its untrue that it was song while also admitting that it was sung, id love to see that again, always worth a laugh such pathetic attempts to lie.

You claim it was drowned out and it stopped, which sounds like utter bull**** honestly but even that doesnt stop the fact that Rangers fans were singing it.

Go ahead, claim its untrue that it was song while also admitting that it was sung, id love to see that again, always worth a laugh such pathetic attempts to lie.

There's nothing illegal about singing the first line of the song, the same goes for if I decided to sing "Celtic" instead of "Fenian".

It sounds like utter bull****, its not, because I was there. Have you seen it or heard it? Or are you coming in here running your mouth without any evidence?

Again, third time lucky, who do you support?

• Advertisement

PauloMN wrote: »
    Killie must be the new Chelsea! :)

Har-dee-****ing-har :pac:

There's nothing illegal about singing the first line of the song, the same goes for if I decided to sing "Celtic" instead of "Fenian".

It sounds like utter bull****, its not, because I was there. Have you seen it or heard it? Or are you coming in here running your mouth without any evidence?

Again, third time lucky, who do you support?

What evidence do I need to provide?

You've already admitted countless times that the song was sung, although you've subsequently denied it was sung in the same post...

And as for the legal matter, I dont know what you are basing that on, its not illegal to sing the first line of the song? And like your other strange and random assertion, that they didnt get to the offensive part?

The song is sectarian, all of it, every line. Its all offensive and should be offensive to you too, each line, not just the bad parts and the good parts being ok.

What evidence do I need to provide?

You've already admitted countless times that the song was sung, although you've subsequently denied it was sung in the same post...

And as for the legal matter, I dont know what you are basing that on, its not illegal to sing the first line of the song? And like your other strange and random assertion, that they didnt get to the offensive part?

The song is sectarian, all of it, every line. Its all offensive and should be offensive to you too, each line, not just the bad parts and the good parts being ok.

Evidence that Rangers fans sang about being up to there knees in fenian blood, because they didn't.

No its not, because Rangers fans are perfectly within their rights to sing the song and change the word from fenian to celtic, bringing it in line with the same song most other teams sing about their rivals.

Why should it be offensive to me?

Evidence that Rangers fans sang about being up to there knees in fenian blood, because they didn't.

No its not, because Rangers fans are perfectly within their rights to sing the song and change the word from fenian to celtic, bringing it in line with the same song most other teams sing about their rivals.

Why should it be offensive to me?

Its a song about a violent murdering Fascist who's gang went around targeting Catholics.

Id imagine if you had any human decency at all you'd be offended by the association.

But apparently you don't, and aren't.

Its a song about a violent murdering Fascist who's gang went around targeting Catholics.

Id imagine if you had any human decency at all you'd be offended by the association.

But apparently you don't, and aren't.

Get a grip.

Now off you go back to your Man United thread or whatever and talk about something you (maybe) actually know about, not something you "think" happened on Saturday at Ibrox and telling Rangers fans what they should and shouldn't be.

Get a grip.

Now off you go back to your Man United thread or whatever and talk about something you (maybe) actually know about, not something you "think" happened on Saturday at Ibrox.

Something I think happened on Saturday at Ibrox is something that you, someone who was apparently at the game, admitted to having heard. In several posts in fact, you have admitted that it was sung.

Now you're trying to worm your way out of it and say it didnt happen?

Wonderful, maybe when Rangers go bust and no longer exist you can walk around telling people that they arent bust and are still going.

Maybe that will calm your strange mind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

What a stupid post. When society has suicide problems and you post that. He supporters the best club in Scotland. Even the SNP are behind us. Have some of that.

Get a grip.

Now off you go back to your Man United thread or whatever and talk about something you (maybe) actually know about, not something you "think" happened on Saturday at Ibrox and telling Rangers fans what they should and shouldn't be.

What relevance is there to who he does or doesnt support and everything he has said is spot on tbh, you have conveniently swerved the question of whether you approve or not of a song that oulines the murderous exploits of a sectarian lunatic??

What a stupid post. When society has suicide problems and you post that. He supporters the best club in Scotland. Even the SNP are behind us. Have some of that.

It was a joke and Builder accepted it in that light, stop trying to start arguements for the sake of it and grow up.

As for best club in Scotland holy fcuk you are one deluded man/child :D

What relevance is there to who he does or doesnt support and everything he has said is spot on tbh, you have conveniently swerved the question of whether you approve or not of a song that oulines the murderous exploits of a sectarian lunatic??
    Does it offend you?

Something I think happened on Saturday at Ibrox is something that you, someone who was apparently at the game, admitted to having heard. In several posts in fact, you have admitted that it was sung.

Now you're trying to worm your way out of it and say it didnt happen?

Wonderful, maybe when Rangers go bust and no longer exist you can walk around telling people that they arent bust and are still going.

Maybe that will calm your strange mind.

Right, here's a wee explanation seem as you do not seem to grasp what TBB is banned for.

TBB is banned because of the line "up to our knees in fenian blood", nothing else. On Saturday, the first line of the song "hello, hello, we are the billy boys" was sung, before it stopped. So Rangers fans did not "spout sectarian bile" etc etc, because the vast majority of the fans know it is unacceptable and the song was cut out. There is nothing illegal about singing the song and changing one word, fenian to celtic, because then it is not classed as sectarian. This is something many fan groups have discussed doing before.

Now can you please stop pretending you know what you're on about.

• Advertisement

It was a joke and Builder accepted it in that light, stop trying to start arguements for the sake of it and grow up.

As for best club in Scotland holy fcuk you are one deluded man/child :D
    Sorry thought Rangers was the most successful club in Scottish football history. I apologise. :pac:

Does it offend you?

Absolutely 100% and its a rotten bile filled song gloryfying sectarian murder, but on the other hand I couldnt give a toss what ye sing, see Im a football follower not a musical critic and what ditties ye'll be blasting out in The Highlands League division 3 or wherever ye end up is of little interest to me Follow Follow, and close the door on yer way out ;)

Right, here's a wee explanation seem as you do not seem to grasp what TBB is banned for.

TBB is banned because of the line "up to our knees in fenian blood", nothing else. On Saturday, the first line of the song "hello, hello, we are the billy boys" was sung, before it stopped. So Rangers fans did not "spout sectarian bile" etc etc, because the vast majority of the fans know it is unacceptable and the song was cut out. There is nothing illegal about singing the song and changing one word, fenian to celtic, because then it is not classed as sectarian. This is something many fan groups have discussed doing before.

Now can you please stop pretending you know what you're on about.

I asked you before what your legal basis for this was, changing one word doesnt make it Sectarian?

Hows that utterly delusional world you live in working for you?

Show me a court ruling or a legal brief that says this, and just so you know I wont be accepting any from the Law firm of "The Builder pulled this out of his ass"

Chop chop, get to it now.

The song is sang by Kilmarnock, Dundee United, Hearts, Man United and other English clubs, they all mention about either dying, being up their knees in *insert rival" blood or both. Aren't they just as offensive?

I don't find songs offensive, there's much more in life to be concerned about that what someone sings, in my opinion.

Sorry thought Rangers was the most successful club in Scottish football history. I apologise. :pac:

Apology accepted, you claimed a club who are in administration and havent paid tax in nearly a year are the biggest club in Scotland, might have the biggest trophy cabinet kid but ye dont even own the fcukin thing and quite a number of the trophies were gained through cheating and fraud, well done :D

And there is more to a club than number of league titles won, or are you of the opinion that Rosenborg are the biggest club in the world over the last 15 years??

Absolutely 100% and its a rotten bile filled song gloryfying sectarian murder, but on the other hand I couldnt give a toss what ye sing, see Im a football follower not a musical critic and what ditties ye'll be blasting out in The Highlands League division 3 or wherever ye end up is of little interest to me Follow Follow, and close the door on yer way out ;)
    Oh really, could have fooled me. Ok then, so just allow people to sing what they want since you don't care. If it offends you so much, don't listen to it. :)

I asked you before what your legal basis for this was, changing one word doesnt make it Sectarian?

Hows that utterly delusional world you live in working for you?

Show me a court ruling or a legal brief that says this, and just so you know I wont be accepting any from the Law firm of "The Builder pulled this out of his ass"

Chop chop, get to it now.

Because it was banned for the context in which the word fenian is used in it, "fenian blood". Is it that hard to grasp?

Go and find out for yourself that it was banned for the reason I posted above, its been done to death in here and the celtic thread before you decided to get all offended.

Oh really, could have fooled me. Ok then, so just allow people to sing what they want since you don't care. If it offends you so much, don't listen to it. :)

As I said I wont have to much longer ;)

Apology accepted, you claimed a club who are in administration and havent paid tax in nearly a year are the biggest club in Scotland, might have the biggest trophy cabinet kid but ye dont even own the fcukin thing and quite a number of the trophies were gained through cheating and fraud, well done :D

And there is more to a club than number of league titles won, or are you of the opinion that Rosenborg are the biggest club in the world over the last 15 years??
    Cheating and fraud :pac:. If it upsets celtic fans, then it is great.

Well if we're going to be pedantic about how we won them, what about those we won during WW2 that aren't counted, yet Celtic still count the goals they scored in that time :P

• Advertisement

As I said I wont have to much longer ;)
    True. The Scottish league will be dead soon anyway. Try to organise a game with The Rangers at the local park. We will still beat you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

FFS they said it was drowned out before the offending lines were sung. What more do you want? Going out of your way to be offended it seems

Its all offensive and should be offensive to you too, each line, not just the bad parts and the good parts being ok.

And so ****ing what if it's offensive??? I'm sure there are many songs we sing which rangers fans find offensive. So bloody what. get over it.

Cheating and fraud :pac:. If it upsets celtic fans, then it is great.

That sums up your moral compass right there

That sums up your moral compass right there
    ;) It is a joke but it is true in the sense that some Celtic fans seem determined to get annoyed in this thread.

;) It is a joke but it is true in the sense that some Celtic fans seem determined to get annoyed in this thread.

Far from annoyed. Amused more likely...

What is true??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

Can I ask, what did the 45,000 sing/shout/do to drown out the ones who were still singing the rest of TBB?

Can I ask, what did the 45,000 sing/shout/do to drown out the ones who were still singing the rest of TBB?

Follow Follow.

Friday February 24, 2012 12:06 
    RangersTV: 
    Stay tuned for live tweets from today's press conference at Murray Park commencing shortly.

After the press conference, you'll be able to catch all the latest news on the club website http://www.rangers.co.uk
    Friday February 24, 2012 12:08 
    RFC_Official: 
    The gaffer is now in place for today's press conference at Murray Park. Stay tuned for some live tweets coming up... [via Twitter]
    Friday February 24, 2012 1:00 
    RFC_Official: 
    AMc - "Hectic, eventful, busy, disappointing, positive. It's been a bit of everything & it'll continue to be like that for the foreseeable." [via Twitter]
    Friday February 24, 2012 1:01 
    RFC_Official: 
    AMc on players considering a pay cut - "Hasn't been discussed as yet, but it isn't something that I'd rule out." [via Twitter]
    Friday February 24, 2012 1:02 
    RFC_Official: 
    AMc - Constant dialogue with the administrator Paul Clark and it will continue to be the case. [via Twitter]
    Friday February 24, 2012 1:03 
    RFC_Official: 
    AMc - "Extreme disappointment" at Ali Russell & Gordon Smith losing their jobs yesterday. [via Twitter]
    Friday February 24, 2012 1:03 
    RFC_Official: 
    AMc - Ali & Gordon have always given this club their best. The fact they are continuing to help the club today says a lot about them as men. [via Twitter]
    Friday February 24, 2012 1:04 
    RFC_Official: 
    AMc on Craig Whyte - Until I speak to him I'll keep my counsel. I have a job to do here at #RFC and that's the most important thing. [via Twitter]
    Friday February 24, 2012 1:06 
    RFC_Official: 
    AMc on Dave King - I was not in to meet with him, but we do go way back. He was in to conduct his own business - not a planned meeting. [via Twitter]
    Friday February 24, 2012 1:09 
    RFC_Official: 
    AMc - "What I can guarantee the fans is hard work from the staff" and "I can only pass on information from the administrator." [via Twitter]
    Friday February 24, 2012 1:13 
    RFC_Official: 
    AMc - "We will not be pursuing the signing of Daniel Cousin." [via Twitter]
    Friday February 24, 2012 1:14 
    RFC_Official: 
    AMc - "One thing that has always been the same regarding this club is that we have to bounce back." [via Twitter]
    Friday February 24, 2012 1:15 

• Advertisement

RFC_Official: 
    AMc - Motherwell are definitely putting pressure on us, that's no surprise. It's game-on as everyone is fighting & scrapping for points. [via Twitter]
    Friday February 24, 2012 1:19 
    RFC_Official: 
    AMc - We have to accumulate as many points as we can between now & the end of the season. That's our target & it won't change. [via Twitter]
    Friday February 24, 2012 1:19 
    RFC_Official: 
    AMc - Lafferty will be another 4-6 weeks out and Whittaker will be a bit sooner, Ness still a question mark. Wallace out through injury. [via Twitter]
    Friday February 24, 2012 1:21 

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement