Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

McGregor, Perry, Goian, Boca, Broadfoot, Aluko, Edu, Davis, Kerkar, Little, McCulloch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

That didn't take long, great play by Kerkar :)

edit: 0-2, Bears singing 'We're gonna win the league' :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

0-3 Andy Little.

Salim Kerkar is running the show.

Kerkar, gone is the joke figure.
    What a player.

1-3

Foul on Goian imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    That didn't take long, great play by Kerkar :)

edit: 0-2, Bears singing 'We're gonna win the league' :D
    delusion.. i guess they have heard so much bull lately they dnot know what to believe :p

Even Walker said so, clear foul that was.

HT. Brilliant performance so far.

delusion.. i guess they have heard so much bull lately they dnot know what to believe :p

You don't do irony I take it ;)

delusion..

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

Did you miss the day in school when you learned what irony was? Its the fans enjoying themselves in the current plight, none of them actually believe we're going to win the league! :rolleyes:

Good first half.

• Advertisement

Lee McCulloch, Rangers legend :D

Super Ally, Super Ally!

Kerkar with 3 assists!

Should have been 5, ball was over the line.

Should have been a goal.

We've had some amount of contentious goal decisions this year.

Can't really blame the linesman, all happened so fast.

Can't really blame the linesman, all happened so fast.

I agree to an extent - but how many times have we found ourselves saying that this season?
    Two goals last week, one today, one against sellik at new year, Hearts against sellik and numerous others.

Goal Line technology would catch some of it, but not all.

F.T
    Good win, well done lads.

Courtesy of a poster on FF:

Lee McCulloch, the Bellshill Batistuta :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Good win given the circumstances.

Love the Jelly and Ice cream song haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Love the Jelly and Ice cream song haha.

Any chance you could post the words?

Craig whyte was on Sky sports news.

Question about buyers is for administrators.

- Not sure when he'll next be in Glasgow.

- Whyte urges us to stick with it, support the team and rally round.

- Media is following him everywhere. Toughest job he's ever taken on. He'll be back in London next couple of days and getting on with job in hand.

• Advertisement

Squad are apparently thinking about taking a 25% wage cut, which would mean that no playing staff would have to be made redundant.
    Brilliant gesture if they go through with it.

Squad are apparently thinking about taking a 25% wage cut, which would mean that no playing staff would have to be made redundant.
    Great gesture. Everyone needs to do their bit to help the Rangers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Can't see that being true... If it is then are creditors going to be offered the same deal of 100% of what they're owed? I very much doubt it.

It is true, not sure it will happen though.

By the way, remember how Celtic fans on here were so in support of their club asking money up front ?
    THE Old Firm are locked in a cash feud after it emerged Celtic have reneged on a deal to hand over a £300,000 advance on tickets for next month's derby clash.
    And Record Sport understands anxious Ibrox staff fear the move may force more job cuts at their stricken club at a time when administrators are trying to unearth enough money to keep the business running.
    We revealed on December 6 how Celtic were breaking with tradition by demanding Rangers pay up front for their fans' tickets for the derby match at Parkhead at Christmas.
    With the Ibrox finances unravelling under the disgraced Craig Whyte regime, Celtic feared they might be left out of pocket if Rangers went into administration.
    Whyte reluctantly cobbled together the cash to avoid having an 8000-strong travelling support locked out of the biggest fixture of the festive period.
    And according to sources, a verbal agreement was reached between the clubs that Celtic would also pay up front before their second visit of the season to Ibrox on March 25.
    But last night that deal appeared to have broken down, just as Rangers' need for cash was becoming even more desperate.
    The Parkhead club are due to receive 7300 tickets for Ibrox with their fans set to stump up £42-a-head for the pleasure of celebrating this season's title cakewalk at the home of their bitter rivals.
    That adds up to a sum of just over £300,000 and it's money Rangers need to get their hands on as quickly as possible.
    Administrators Duff and Phelps are still trying to track down the missing millions from Whyte's £24.4m deal with Ticketus as they attempt to find enough money to cover next month's wage bill. And, as if the financial carnage at Ibrox was not already chaotic enough, the club was yesterday hit with a £50,000 fine from the PLUS Market due to Whyte's failure to disclose his seven-year directorship ban.
    Head administrator Paul Clark is expected to hold a further round of crisis talks with manager Ally McCoist today as the club braces itself for even more bad news.
    The fear among players and staff is that the axe is likely to fall tomorrow unless more funds are found immediately to cover the running costs.
    McCoist, though, despite the latest in a long line of misinformed reports in Whyte's pet paper, the Scottish Sun, will refuse to select which players stay and which go.
    Instead, the manager will attempt to broker a deal to save jobs by slashing his own salary and asking his first-team squad to do the same to help the club survive without the need for job losses.
    Rangers had hoped the £300,000 from Celtic would help tide them over but the administrators will have to find cash from elsewhere if swingeing cuts are to be avoided.

Fork it over Celtic ;)
    Or Rangers could always sell tickets to their own fans instead :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

By the way, remember how Celtic fans on here were so in support of their club asking money up front ?

Fork it over Celtic ;)
    And according to sources, a verbal agreement

Not exactly what I would call a concrete arrangement.

There's a reason we were looking for money up front from Rangers, 'cause they're skint. That's not our problem now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Rangers will have to give Celtic the tickets. It would be a nice gesture though if Celtic decide to help to ease a little of Rangers' debts by giving the money for the tickets directly to Dundee Utd and Dunfermline who are still waiting for their cut of their recent games in Ibrox.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

Rangers will have to give Celtic the tickets. It would be a nice gesture though if Celtic decide to help to ease a little of Rangers' debts by giving the money for the tickets directly to Dundee Utd and Dunfermline who are still waiting for their cut of their recent games in Ibrox.

A nice gesture but I'm afraid £300,000 is a drop in the ocean - can't see it making any difference to the total amounts due.

Fork it over Celtic ;)

How can it be true that the players will continue to get 100% of the wages set out in their contracts? The other creditors will go ape about that.

Not a hope in hell should Celtic give the ticket money up front to Rangers unless there's some thing in the rules which state we should. This is just another run of the mill game for us and, because there's no hope of us running no any Mediterranean financial difficulty and payment is assured, you'll get the money the same way any other team n the league would get it.

Madam wrote: »
    A nice gesture but I'm afraid £300,000 is a drop in the ocean - can't see it making any difference to the total amounts due.

Rumour has it it'll get them through the next month's wage bill.

That might mean an extra player or two that they can hold onto. I hope we pay them according to SPL rules.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

Rumour has it it'll get them through the next month's wage bill.

That might mean an extra player or two that they can hold onto. I hope we pay them according to SPL rules.

Hope so, it would be the decent thing to do - maybe even heal a few old wounds for fans too;)

How can it be true that the players will continue to get 100% of the wages set out in their contracts? The other creditors will go ape about that.

I said the players are thinking of taking a wage cut, that's not taking 100% of their wages is it ?

I said the players are thinking of taking a wage cut, that's not taking 100% of their wages is it ?

Player A agrees a new deal with Rangers that is 25% less than his current wage from March 1st.

Rangers pay his new agreed wage from March 1st.

Player A gets 100% of the wage that he agreed to.

Ergo, Player A is getting 100% of the wage due to him.

I don't believe for a second that players will only have to take a 25% pay cut.

Madam wrote: »
    Hope so, it would be the decent thing to do - maybe even heal a few old wounds for fans too;)

I think you're picking me up wrong. I see no reason why Celtic should pay this money up front to Rangers, it is not the done thing in the SPL and why should we be forced to alter our cash flow because RFC messed up and want preferential treatment?

I'm sure there's normal rules as to when and how this money is paid, we should stick to these rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Hasnt it always been the case with football clubs in administration that the footballers get their wages first before any other creditor?

I think you're picking me up wrong. I see no reason why Celtic should pay this money up front to Rangers, it is not the done thing in the SPL and why should we be forced to alter our cash flow because RFC messed up and want preferential treatment?

I'm sure there's normal rules as to when and how this money is paid, we should stick to these rules.

You already went past those rules when asking for the money from Rangers up front.

And yes, I understand the reasoning behind it, but still.

edit: Fuhrer, I think so.
    This because if players don't get paid for a certain amount of time (3 months isn't it ?) they become free agents.
    Players are the last people not to get paid when things are bad at clubs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭fionnsda

If celtic paid the cash upfront they would lose the lot, if rangers where to become liquidated before the match.

Some people are just too stupid to run free.

2nc0uo1.jpg

Stuff like this gets highlighted all the time, and people still don't learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

2nc0uo1.jpg

absolutely moronic stuff to be tweeting, I'd put it in the same category as your ice cream comments

2nc0uo1.jpg

Just following in the traditions of the RA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

You don't do irony I take it ;)
    oh i do... but i just wanted to take the piss out of your clubs situation, didnt expect to bother you as much as i did

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭fionnsda

Here's another, appeared in court today

194610.jpg

fionnsda wrote: »
    Here's another, appeared in court today

194610.jpg

2nc0uo1.jpg

Meh.

Both moronic, neither exactly terrifying though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Eirebear wrote: »

Meh.

Both moronic, neither exactly terrifying though.

I'm sure security has been stepped up at Rangers & Celtic incase those 2 teenage girls turn up and start pulling peoples hair!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

That is Kyle's big sister though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

:) Oh the dignity
    Call from Jim Hannah

This is a plea all Rangers fans out there who love the Club and want to help them through this disastrous horrendous time.

We need to buy tickets for this Saturday’s game against Hearts we need the game to sell out. The ticket sales have slowed right down only 300 sold today and still over 4.400 to sell.
    The club needs the income urgently to keep us going and the money generated by the sale of tickets is the quickest way to get money into the Club.

Hopefully over the next few days there will be a vehicle available which will allow the fans to help our Club by donating money, I have personally been inundated with requests from fans pleading to help the Club out NOW by giving money to the Club and hopefully this will be the way.

I cannot stress how vital it is to be able to raise money for the Club during this difficult time, we are currently awaiting assurances from the Administrators that any monies raised and passed to the Club will be used for the running of the Club ONLY and will not used to pay creditors, and so far the talks have been really encouraging.

PLEASE PASS THIS MESSAGE ON TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW, SHARE IT, PUT IT ON FORUMS, EMAIL AND TEXT IT.
    LETS HOPE EVERY RANGERS FAN AROUND THE WORLD READS THIS AND REALISES THAT RANGERS NEEDS THEM NOW AS THEY WILL DO AFTER THE ADMINISTRATION PERIOD ENDS!!!!

You already went past those rules when asking for the money from Rangers up front.

And yes, I understand the reasoning behind it, but still.

But that's irrelevant because both parties agreed to the altered payments.

As it stands I don't know if both parties have agreed to altered payments this time so if they haven't then normal SPL rules should apply.

I'd say the other SPL teams that are owed over £1m pounds b Rangers are looking on not too happy.

2nc0uo1.jpg

I think it's good that such idiots are outed all the time in Twitter.

Twitter is fantastic for rooting out sociopaths and fruit the loops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

Nice bunch them Laffertys

Is it really???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Is it really???

Come on! It was said in jest :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement