Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭the realpigiron

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    A game between Rangers and HSV has been arranged for April 17th at Ibrox with all profits going to the home side. Hopefully a lot of fans come out for it.

Who or what is HSV? Will they pass around the biscuit tin as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

@guardian_sport: Gregg Wylde joins Bolton after voluntary departure from Rangers http://t.co/lxhXdFS0 via @guardian”;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

1-0 Dundee United

Some strike from Watson!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Hamburg.

ColeTrain wrote: »
    1-0 Dundee United

Some strike from Watson!

Just saw it there, watching the Everton Sunderland game on Fox and they showed it at half time. There's an Irish fella working for Fox as a soccer pundit, forget his name he was on Newstalk a while back. It just keeps getting better and better for them, it really couldn't happen to a nicer bunch:D.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Just saw it there, watching the Everton Sunderland game on Fox and they showed it at half time. There's an Irish fella working for Fox as a soccer pundit, forget his name he was on Newstalk a while back. It just keeps getting better and better for them, it really couldn't happen to a nicer bunch:D.

2-0 ;)

Know the guy you're on about btw. Has a strange enough Irish accent.

ColeTrain wrote: »
    2-0 ;)

Know the guy you're on about btw. Has a strange enough Irish accent.

2-0 now:pac:. I'd say they are fretting about next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

What a goal Sone Aluko.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

2-0 now:pac:. I'd say they are fretting about next week.

We will never fret about playing you lot so what if you win the league at us you already have won the league anyway so it really doesn't matter. I and most bears are more than happy we have a club

Oh and when you do get over the line I will congratulate you

We will never fret about playing you lot so what if you win the league at us you already have won the league anyway so it really doesn't matter. I and most bears are more than happy we have a club

Oh and when you do get over the line I will congratulate you

Oh you're fretting alright, I can smell your fear.:)

• Advertisement

In your dreams remember this even if you win the league next week I know I will still wake up a bear ;)

We've got nothing to fear, the league is already over.

In your dreams remember this even if you win the league next week I know I will still wake up a bear ;)

A bear with a sore head. The batin ye are likely to get next week doesn't bear thinking about. After the next week ye'll bearely have a club to speak of. Anyone for a spot of bear bating next Sunday:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

TheBuilder wrote: »
    We've got nothing to fear, the league is already over.

It was over before ye went into administration

Dempsey wrote: »
    It was over before ye went into administration

Did I miss something who said it wasn't

A bear with a sore head. The batin ye are likely to get next week doesn't bear thinking about. After the next week ye'll bearely have a club to speak of. Anyone for a spot of bear bating next Sunday:D

What bear baiting on the internet lol

Did I miss something who said it wasn't

Ye give up easy ;)

Dempsey wrote: »
    Ye give up easy ;)

Nah just tell it as it is :p

What bear baiting on the internet lol

The baiting ye bears are likely to be on the end of next week may be all too real for ye lot unfortunately. It'll be tough for ye to bear:)

The baiting ye bears are likely to be on the end of next week may be all too real for ye lot unfortunately. It'll be tough to bear:)

Could you translate that into a reasonable form of English
    Jeez if I want to avoid you baiting me I could hide like you done for the three seasons before this ;)

• Advertisement

Nah just tell it as it is :p

Normally, I would be inclined to believe that it aint over until its mathematically impossible, but there is far too much instability at Rangers to maintain a run that would ask questions of Celtic over the past few weeks. I taught with Celtic keeping an eye on a treble there would have been an opportunity for ye but thats fizzled regardless of how this match ends.

Could you translate that into a reasonable form of English
    Jeez if I want to avoid you baiting me I could hide like you done for the three seasons before this ;)

You mean the last 3 seasons when ye cheated ye're way to league titles via financial doping?

Let them have their moment, even the obviously uneducated bandwagon jumpers, this side won't be down and out for too long.

Eirebear wrote: »
    Let them have their moment, even the obviously uneducated bandwagon jumpers, this side won't be down and out for too long.

One of the sure signs of your pain is your loss of sense of humour, that if you ever had one. I fell your pain:D

Not a game we deserved to lose, but with a team like that it was not unexpected. Players gave 100% again though.

You mean the last 3 seasons when ye cheated ye're way to league titles via financial doping?

Cheated lol you have proof of this no you don't now away back into your hole all this sunshine can't be good for you after spending so much time in hiding

One of the sure signs of your pain is your loss of sense of humour, that if you ever had one. I fell your pain:D

What do you want a ****ing knock knock joke?

Always the same with the likes of you.
    Rangers - Horrible gloating huns
    Celtic - Ach sher, 'tis just de craic eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

I know I may be slated for this but I had hoped Rangers would win today, I really don't want Celtic to win at Ibrox! Husband is going to the game and I only hope there's no trouble there or around the park:(

Although I don't think the husband will think the same:rolleyes:

Madam wrote: »
    I know I may be slated for this but I had hoped Rangers would win today, I really don't want Celtic to win at Ibrox! Husband is going to the game and I only hope there's no trouble there or around the park:(

Can't see there being trouble at the game if I'm honest, it'll be later on in the town there'll be scuffles.

• Advertisement

I can assure you - it won't be us flinging ourselves off the top of the stadium and brutally assaulting referees.

I'd be more worried about the pubs and clubs in and around Glasgow that night, there's generally very little trouble in and around the game.

Can't see there being trouble at the game if I'm honest, it'll be later on in the town there'll be scuffles.

Agree Ibrox and surrounding areas will be very heavily policed so Madam people like your Husband, The builder and myself should be OK but it could kick off in the city later on at night

And this really annoys me its a football match Its disgraceful that we even have to talk about this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

I suppose your right, he won't head into town but to another well known drinking establishment for Celtic supporters(clue there's another pub in Dublin with the same name)!

I suppose your right, he won't head into town but to another well known drinking establishment for Celtic supporters(clue there's another pub in Dublin with the same name)!

Its only a clue if you know pubs in Dublin I don't so give us another clue

Its only a clue if you know pubs in Dublin I don't so give us another clue

I assume it's the Brazen.

Another pub full of "Jolly Craicsters".

I assume it's the Brazen.

Another pub full of "Jolly Craicsters".

They not shut that hole down yet ;)

• Advertisement

Nah, I'm fairly sure if they tried that there would be some sort of protest regarding "Heritage" tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

You'll be shut before the Brazen.

Does todays result mean that the rangers are now owned by the arabs??

Utd fans singing 'Rangers til July' :)

You'll be shut before the Brazen.

Does todays result mean that the rangers are now owned by the arabs??

Utd fans singing 'Rangers til July' :)

Aye OK now away and behave yourself ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

It won't really kick off IMO. Rangers fans have much more important things to worry about. The title has been over for weeks and weeks. We have long got over it. It will never come close to 1999.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Is it true Healy has a clause to extend his contract if he plays a certain number of games and this is why McCoist isn't playing him? If that is the case then why was he not made redundant instead of taking money from the club without contributing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Tommy Smith.

Links through their right wing fans.

Is it true Healy has a clause to extend his contract if he plays a certain number of games and this is why McCoist isn't playing him? If that is the case then why was he not made redundant instead of taking money from the club without contributing?

That was the rumour but like you I don't se why he was not made redundant

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Don't be an idiot, it has nothing to do with right winged fans.

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Don't be an idiot, it has nothing to do with right winged fans.

How is there a link between the two clubs so?

We both know it's because many fans of both clubs have right wing tendencies. Why have you difficulty with this? Celtic have links with many left wing fan groupings.

Yawn.

This argument only exists as it suits the militant left wing of St Pauli.

Yawn.

This argument only exists as it suits the militant left wing of St Pauli.

I've asked a couple of times as to why there's a link between the two clubs and I've gotten no response so I'll stick with my theory that, once again, Rangers fans are definining themselves not as who they are but the opposite of who we are.

I've asked a couple of times as to why there's a link between the two clubs and I've gotten no response so I'll stick with my theory that, once again, Rangers fans are definining themselves not as who they are but the opposite of who we are.

What?

I've said consistantly on here that the link stems from the army bases in and around the area. The first Hamburg RSC was set up in the 70's and regularly attended HSV games when not at Ibrox.
    This was further strengthened when we played them in Europe in '77 - and then again in the 90's by Jorg Albertz.

It's also been around longer than the Celtic/St.Pauli link, so you might want to re-jig your ideas on your definition of a Rangers fan bobby.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Another poor result yesterday then.

I fear Ally just isn't up to the job. I had my doubts about him before he was appointed and I still have my doubts now. Doesn't seem able to create the needed siege mentality in the players.

Think I heard that we have never lost 4 games in a row in 140 years?

awec wrote: »
    Another poor result yesterday then.

I fear Ally just isn't up to the job. I had my doubts about him before he was appointed and I still have my doubts now. Doesn't seem able to create the needed siege mentality in the players.

Think I heard that we have never lost 4 games in a row in 140 years?

We had 9 first team players out yesterday our club is on its knees I hope he gets a full season after we get out of this mess

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement