Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

PauloMN wrote: »
    The Rangers Supporters Trust? He's one of the founders, no?

He was but is only a board member now. But OK we will compare Dingwall to semi colon Joe (Joe O'rourke) General secretary of the Celtic Supporters association I don't think using Dingwall is a true representation of Rangers Fans

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

I feel bad more the Abdul lad, he seems to just want to fit in. Spouting hatred that he doesn't believe in just to amuse a few morons who do.

It seems Jelle isn't they only one who immediately thinks of pedophilia when ice cream and jelly is mentioned :( whats wrong with them

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

bobmalooka wrote: »
    I feel bad more the Abdul lad, he seems to just want to fit in. Spouting hatred that he doesn't believe in just to amuse a few morons who do.

Abdul outdid himself in the last parts when he said slagging Rangers off about being in administration "was sick". He'd no problem joking about child abuse in the earlier parts though, that was just banter. :rolleyes: I'll never understand the mindset tbh.

In fairness, Abdul has problems I think (aside from being a Rangers fan). He looks like a little kid looking for attention. You can only imagine what the other folks in the EDL are saying behind his back.
    It seems Jelle isn't they only one who immediately thinks of pedophilia when ice cream and jelly is mentioned :( whats wrong with them

Yep, messed up alright. Did you see the taxi driver? What a charmer he was, talking about kicking women in the unmentionable.

Whilst I don't agree with using child abuse as a tool to slag off Celtic lets not kid ourselves on that there is no reason behind it

Whilst I don't agree with using child abuse as a tool to slag off Celtic lets not kid ourselves on that there is no reason behind it

Dont kid yourself that any reasonably minded person would join them dots.

Any neutrals watching would have been completely at a loss as to what that lad was on about.

Plenty of celtic 'fans' didnt cover themselves in glory either btw.

Love how 'ooh ahh samaras ' was used as an example of sectarian chanting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Reason being some Rangers fans are mentally unstable?? :rolleyes:

RoryMac wrote: »
    Reason being some Rangers fans are mentally unstable?? :rolleyes:

Maybe but unlike a lot of Tic fans they are not in denial over this I have already said I don't agree with it so I am not going to get into a slagging match over it why not discuss it with those who use it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Dont kid yourself that any reasonably minded person would join them dots.

Any neutrals watching would have been completely at a loss as to what that lad was on about.

Plenty of celtic 'fans' didnt cover themselves in glory either btw.

Love how 'ooh ahh samaras ' was used as an example of sectarian chanting :D

Yeah, right, 'Samaras'... ;)

Maybe but unlike a lot of Tic fans they are not in denial over this I have already said I don't agree with it so I am not going to get into a slagging match over it why not discuss it with those who use it ;)

It seems most Rangers fans that use it like to throw out some smart remark but when called up on it refuse to discuss it! :rolleyes:

It seems most Rangers fans that use it like to throw out some smart remark but when called up on it refuse to discuss it! :rolleyes:

That is not my problem don't get me wrong I won't back away if pushed ;)

• Advertisement

Good because my previous comment referred to you! ;)

Good because my previous comment referred to you! ;)
    Ok fire away

Though I must admit I fail to see why when I have said I don't agree with Rangers fans using it to get at Celtic you feel the need to drag me into it

Ok fire away

Though I must admit I fail to see why when I have said I don't agree with Rangers fans using it to get at Celtic you feel the need to drag me into it

I felt the need to "drag" you into it after your comment about not kidding ourselves that there was no reason for the Rangers lunatic fringe to link the jelly & ice cream chants with child abuse.

I felt the need to "drag" you into it after your comment about not kidding ourselves that there was no reason for the Rangers lunatic fringe to link the jelly & ice cream chants with child abuse.

So there is no reason behind it then :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

The point is Phil is a blogger - nothing more, nothing less. Dingwall is representing an official supporters group, and is coming out with the "more Catholic" stuff. Serious cringe factor when that guy opens his big fat gob.

D'ya really want me to start linking you to some of Semi Colon Joe's rants?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Plenty of up the RA chants by celtic supporters in the documentary.

So there is no reason behind it then :confused:

Reason for linking the 2? no only in the minds of the lunatic fringe

Reason for linking the 2? no only in the minds of the lunatic fringe

So yes the lunatic fringe shout these things and they are the only ones that know the reason why they do are you for real :confused:
    I think we all know what went on and the reason the idiots use it is they are morons but it went on

So yes the lunatic fringe shout these things and they are the only ones that know the reason why they do are you for real :confused:
    I think we all know what went on and the reason the idiots use it is they are morons but it went on

Yes we all know what went on during that time but only an idiot would try to link the 2, a serious case of clutching at straws by some Rangers fans to insist that this link is some how relevant.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

You are right that these loopholes should be closed but tax avoidance is not the same as tax evasion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Jelle1880 wrote: »

They all worked on stories about Rangers for too long

:pac:

There is so much of it going on. HMRC should investigate Premier league clubs and the BBC straight away.

your right, how dare they report on The Rangers financial woes dont they know about the history!!

your right, how dare they report on The Rangers financial woes dont they know about the history!!

Jelle has a bee in his bonnet about the BBC ever since the Craig Whyte documentary. They destroyed his hero and said bad things about his club! :pac:

• Advertisement

Not surprised you fail to see the hypocrisy in doing it themselves.

No worries Dempsey, I disliked them a long time before that ;)

He seen Rangers and ignored the main point.

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Plenty of up the RA chants by celtic supporters in the documentary.

Well spotted.

Of course i see it but your cliche suggests they shouldn't have reported on it. why?

So our little secret wouldn't come out, obviously.

I'm not saying they shouldn't report on it, I'm saying they shouldn't act holier than thou.

• Advertisement

So our little secret wouldn't come out, obviously.

I'm not saying they shouldn't report on it, I'm saying they shouldn't act holier than thou.

What makes you think BBC journalists know about BBC administrative staff's finances.

The people involved in exposing The Whyte Knight would have nothing to do with this and are not accused of avoiding tax so Why shouldn't they 'act holier than thou'?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

A non story really, these people are more than likely self-employed - so the onus is on them to pay their own taxes and PAYE.

Because it was a joke, aimed at the BBC as a whole.
    Or do you fail to see the irony that a company of who some employees acted outraged at Rangers and the EBT issue are now themselves about to be investigated for tax-related stuff ?

You seriously need to lighten up, or do I have to put a smiley behind everything I say as a joke, to make sure you get it ?

If it was intended as a joke it didn't work did it - perhaps irony rather than a joke?

Or do you fail to see the irony that a company of who some employees acted outraged at Rangers and the EBT issue are now themselves about to be investigated for tax-related stuff ?

You seriously need to lighten up, or do I have to put a smiley behind everything I say as a joke, to make sure you get it ?

WTF? Only a handful of employees would be writing articles and news reports about Rangers. You dont even know if any were involved in writing anything about Rangers. Logic fail

after your sick jelly and ice cream comments I didn't have you in the jokey jokey section of supporters regarding people mentioning Rangers tax troubles.

Madam wrote: »
    If it was intended as a joke it didn't work did it - perhaps irony rather than a joke?

sure it hypocritical a few posts ago but then he realised the hole in the logic so now its a big joke

sure it hypocritical a few posts ago but then he realised the hole in the logic so now its a big joke

Ach he's hurting so I don't mind his silly nastiness:) But just exactly when did Rangers fans start hating the BBC?

Dempsey wrote: »
    WTF? Only a handful of employees would be writing articles and news reports about Rangers. You dont even know if any were involved in writing anything about Rangers. Logic fail

Another one who takes things way too serious it seems.

Chill the **** out :rolleyes:

edit: 'hole in the logic' ?
    Aye, ok, so you still fail to see the funny part of the BBC themselves being investigated for tax evasion/avoiding ?
    I guess you were the last in line when they handed out the sense of humor.

Makes sense I guess.
    And no, that has **** all to do with hurting Madam, but keep trying :)
    Irony would be more suited yes, but still ;)

Ach he's hurting so I don't mind his silly nastiness:) But just exactly when did Rangers fans start hating the BBC?

When the BBC started dodging tax, they cant stand that. :D

• Advertisement

Another one who takes things way too serious it seems.

Chill the **** out :rolleyes:

edit: 'hole in the logic' ?
    Aye, ok, so you still fail to see the funny part of the BBC themselves being investigated for tax evasion/avoiding ?
    I guess you were the last in line when they handed out the sense of humor.

Makes sense I guess.
    And no, that has **** all to do with hurting Madam, but keep trying :)
    Irony would be more suited yes, but still ;)
    The answer is that they have 320 non-talent based (staff), so this is administration employees, earning more than £50,000 a year but (for whom) PAYE and National Insurance is not deducted at source.

Seems that the BBC isnt responsible for the tax avoidance. They may work for the BBC but its the employees themselves are responsible for their own tax affairs at this moment in time. You did read that part properly?

About 1970 in my case ;)

Good luck trying to class people as self-employing in what's technically the public sector.
    This isn't just a bunch of freelance journalists we're talking about.

I'm well aware that this is something that will most likely blow over, still it's funny to see that those who criticise Rangers are questioned about tax stuff too.

Btw, which one of the resident tims here claimed that Celtic would always vote FOR anything that could improve the SPL ? ;)
    By Jim Spence
    BBC Scotland
    Civil war is threatening to break out in the Scottish Premier League, with Celtic at odds with their rivals over organisational reform.

The 10 clubs outside the Old Firm are to propose an alteration to the league's voting system at a special general meeting on 12 April.

They want a 9-3 decision to push through major change in Scotland's top flight rather than the current 11-1.

The 10 will also seek a more even distribution of revenue.

However, just how they intend to push through these proposals is unclear.

And Celtic are deeply unhappy with the suggested changes.

Sources close to the Parkhead club argue that the Old Firm contribute around 85% of the SPL's revenue, while they are disappointed by the other clubs getting together without consulting them.

Celtic fear that changes to the status quo could jeopardise future sponsorship deals

It has also been suggested that changes to the voting structure or distribution of income could threaten any takeover of Rangers, who are currently in the hands of administrators.
    It is understood that potential buyers of the Ibrox club may be put off by any uncertainty over future revenue.

Continue reading the main story
    “"The rest of us are fed up of the Old Firm. Forget Rangers for the moment, what we have here is one club dictating to the top end of Scottish football.

Anonymous SPL club chairman
    Asked whether the situation threatened potential civil war between the 10 and the Old Firm, one chairman told BBC Scotland: "It's not potential civil war. It's on."

Another chairman added: "I hope it doesn't end up in civil war. You have to ask why Celtic are so upset at changing to a 75% rule that would exist in many other businesses.

"Why are they scared of change and a 75% majority running the league? They will do all in their powers to control Scottish football. They have no concern for Scottish football, only themselves."

He added: "No clubs are of a mind to change the distribution of money that radically changes the situation to the disadvantage of Celtic and Rangers.

"But you have to ask them why do you really need this power?

"We must drive through change in the next 18 months or we will go backwards. What the ten must focus on is to shape the game going forward, to bring the change we know the game badly needs."

A third chairman told BBC Scotland: "The rest of us are fed up of the Old Firm. Forget Rangers for the moment since they are in administration, what we have here is one club dictating to the top end of Scottish football.

"They are not going anywhere, English football doesn't want them and they have done their damnedest to get out of Scotland for the last 10 years. Do they want to play in a league of two? "We want to change the voting rights to be able to change the game for the better.

"We need to have a stronger championship or SPL2 in place. Relegation can cost clubs £1.5m and we need to provide a softer landing place. We want change for the good of all of Scottish football. This is about democratic change."

Good luck trying to class people as self-employing in what's technically the public sector.
    This isn't just a bunch of freelance journalists we're talking about.

I'm well aware that this is something that will most likely blow over, still it's funny to see that those who criticise Rangers are questioned about tax stuff too.

Btw, which one of the resident tims here claimed that Celtic would always vote FOR anything that could improve the SPL ? ;)

A state broadcaster outsourced administrative expertise to the private sector. They didnt pay NI & PAYE like Rangers did this season in the small tax case. Thats exactly what it is. It would be like holding Rangers responsible for Azure not paying their taxes.

You'd swear its the BBC vs Rangers & their tax case the way you are talking. Plenty of other media outlets saying the same stuff as the BBC.

Off Derry airport to catch my flight to Glasgow with the builder for the game on Sunday let the fun begin:)

Off Derry airport to catch my flight to Glasgow with the builder for the game on Sunday let the fun begin:)

Jesus edit that to Londonderry quick before Keith see's it :D

From The Herald, regarding the investigation into Rangers by the SPL:
    "The investigation is still in its early stages and is being handled by the SPL's solicitors, Harper Macleod."

http://www.harpermacleod.co.uk/Services/Sectors/sport.html
    Our clients include Celtic FC

conspiracy.jpg

Jelle, can you get more childish anytime there is a 'negative' article on Rangers?

You are being investigated over several SPL/SFA rule breaks and it wont be finished by the end of the season either, deal with it!

Who shat in your cereals this morning every single day ?

I'm really starting to think you're completely incapable of understanding humor (or attempts at :pac: ).

• Advertisement

Well, I think its you that is in that photo because anytime reality bites Rangers, its you that gets paranoid and come up with ridiculous thoughts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement