Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Any news on getting a possible CVA?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Any news on getting a possible CVA?

Hard to know, with Ticketus likely to be in (part) control of the club ye are likely to end up in a similar situation to when Llyods owned ye.

Expect huge downsizing and any surplus cash will go to ticketus untill they get all their money. Lean times ahead.

Todays decision means ye cant get off paying Ticketus, they will gladly own the club and bleed it till they get it all back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Admin's seem more positive on the outcome than Celtic fans.
    Funny that.
    DUFF and Phelps, the administrators of Rangers Football Club, have given their reacfion to the decisions made today by Lord Hodge at the Court of Session in Edinburgh

Paul Clark, joint administrator, said: "We welcome the decisions announced by Lord Hodge today and view them as a significant step towards clarifying the future for Rangers Football Club.

"Lord Hodge has made it clear that the Ticketus arrangements do not mean Ticketus has property or real rights over seats at the stadium or, indeed, the proceeds from the sale of future season tickets.

"Lord Hodge has stated Ticketus has what are known as contractual rights, essentially a contract between the Club and themselves. It is clear from the judgement that, as administrators, we have the statutory right and powers to have the company (the Club) refuse to honour the Ticketus arrangements if such a decision would be in the interests of creditors generally.

"Lord Hodge has also referred to the various applications we made to the court. Initially, we did ask for guidance on the immediate termination of the Ticketus contract. We fully accept this guidance could not be given without disclosing the details of bids for the Club in open court.

"This would most certainly not have been in the interests of creditors or the football club, particularly since the party which were subject to the legal proceedings also have an active interest in a bid for the Club.

"We note the request from Ticketus following today's judgement for matters to be brought to a conclusion as soon as is possible in relation to the sale of the Club. We couldn't agree more.

"However, a number of competing bids have been submitted to purchase the Club and the bid that will ultimately be successful will be the one that is in the best interests of the creditors and the business.

"To date, our discussions with bidders have been very constructive and we will continue these discussions with all parties, including the consortium in which Ticketus is involved, in an effort to achieve a successful outcome.

"We intend to create a shortlist of bids at the earliest opportunity and have no doubt today's decision will have a significant bearing on the proposals put forward by bidders to date."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

D&P are paid to generate positive spin to attract investors but they went to court today trying to undo the ticketus deal, they failed. For the next 3 seasons, Rangers will not have season ticket income. You have outsourced all main income streams long term in attempts to keep administration at bay and be competitive at the top of the SPL.

Surely their creditor status would have been declared in the contract and the judge just re-iterated what was agreed? Ticketus never claimed Rangers assets (i.e. Ibrox) were collateral, neither did Whyte. Nothing that has changed from yesterday except the idea of undoing the ticketus deal is dead in the water.

Dempsey wrote: »
    D&P are paid to generate positive spin to attract investors but they went to court today trying to undo the ticketus deal, they failed. For the next 3 seasons, Rangers will not have season ticket income. You have outsourced all main income streams long term in attempts to keep administration at bay and be competitive at the top of the SPL.

Surely their creditor status would have been declared in the contract and the judge just re-iterated what was agreed? Ticketus never claimed Rangers assets (i.e. Ibrox) were collateral, neither did Whyte. Nothing that has changed from yesterday except the idea of undoing the ticketus deal is dead in the water.
    Exactly, not much has changed. Ticketus pretty much control Rangers destiny (for now)

The positive part is that any bids to seriously have a chance need to have serious wedge behind it, unless ye get another Whytesque owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

bobmalooka wrote: »
    Hard to know, with Ticketus likely to be in (part) control of the club ye are likely to end up in a similar situation to when Llyods owned ye.

Expect huge downsizing and any surplus cash will go to ticketus untill they get all their money. Lean times ahead.

Todays decision means ye cant get off paying Ticketus, they will gladly own the club and bleed it till they get it all back

Today's decision also means that Ticketus can join the queue if they want their money, all surplus money will first be paid back to any preferred creditor (If only they could get rid of Whyte's status of that) and then the rest.

As it stands they can win it at Ibrox tomorrow (Motherwell 2-0 down at Killie), if they win.

They deserve it, but I still can't help but wonder whatever happened to those that were so vocal in their 'Never again' in 1999.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    As it stands they can win it at Ibrox tomorrow (Motherwell 2-0 down at Killie), if they win.

They deserve it
    Cheers :)

The big game today. Lets hope for the best.

Follow follow.

• Advertisement

coisty2.gif

The Rangers Fighting Fund would like to thank the 7,500 attendees in the Broomloan Stand for their participation in the Ibrox Sponsored Silence on Sunday. They managed an astounding 87 minutes, well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭shano1888

Eirebear wrote: »
    The Rangers Fighting Fund would like to thank the 7,500 attendees in the Broomloan Stand for their participation in the Ibrox Sponsored Silence on Sunday. They managed an astounding 87 minutes, well done!

What game were you watching?

shano1888 wrote: »
    What game were you watching?

The one attended by people with a sense of humour.
    Carry on.

Do they donate to charities or private companies? :D

Do they donate to charities or private companies? :D

Depends on your definition of charity! :p

• Advertisement

Depends on your definition of charity! :p

Not Rangers FC

coisty2.gif
    :pac: I love doing that lot.

Not Rangers FC

Will that be the name of a new club if we liquidate?

Will that be the name of a new club if we liquidate?

Hopefully. :D

538701_376104179076834_100000317649557_1229828_1881288318_n.jpg

;)

• Advertisement

538701_376104179076834_100000317649557_1229828_1881288318_n.jpg

;)

They get SPL titles instead :D

Were you at the game?

Were you at the game?
    Nah, bbe and thebuilder got the tickets.

Should be a good team for friday :pac:

Goram
    Stevens Weir Gough Numan
    Laudrup Gio Gazza Albertz
    McCoist Hateley/Mols

That midfield, deary me.

As for Milan:

AC Milan confirmed Glorie players:
    - Nelson Dida
    - Massimo Taibi
    - Franco Baresi
    - Alessandro Costacurta
    - Christian Panucci
    - Pietro Vierchwood
    - Roberto Mussi
    - Giuseppe Favalli
    - Giuseppe Pancaro
    - Stefano Eranio
    - Gigi Lentini
    - Diego Fuser
    - Angelo Carbone
    - Mario Bortolazzi
    - Roberto Lorenzini
    - Marcos Cafu
    - Serginho
    - Daniele Massaro
    - Maurizio Ganz
    - Jean Pierre Papin
    - George Weah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

Said to EB in the pub last night, was actually a bit disappointed in the Celtic support at the weekend, I expected a lot more considering everything that's being going on at us.

Rangers were outstanding though, every single player deserves massive credit.

Over 40.000 tickets sold for the Legends game tonight :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

TheBuilder wrote: »
    Said to EB in the pub last night, was actually a bit disappointed in the Celtic support at the weekend, I expected a lot more considering everything that's being going on at us.

Rangers were outstanding though, every single player deserves massive credit.

Not so sure that's true, the husband said it was like a carnival atmosphere - good fun to be had for both sets of fans - not the end score for Celtic fans though:(

Over 40.000 tickets sold for the Legends game tonight :cool:

A drop in the ocean tbh, sure will be an 'interesting' game though:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Madam wrote: »
    A drop in the ocean tbh, sure will be an 'interesting' game though:)

Its not really a drop in the ocean though its under 10,000 short of capacity

Its not really a drop in the ocean though its under 10,000 short of capacity

Sorry, I meant financially - its only £480.000 by my googled calculation;)

• Advertisement

Not so sure that's true, the husband said it was like a carnival atmosphere - good fun to be had for both sets of fans - not the end score for Celtic fans though:(

To be fair to your husband it probably felt that way in among the Celtic fans but after 45 years of going to these games I will say it was one of the quietest Celtic supports I have seen. Now before anyone fly's off the handle I have been to these games when we have had the League wrapped up and the Rangers fans have been the same there can be a certain feeling that it is all anti climatic

Sorry, I meant financially - its only £480.000 by my googled calculation;)

Still not a drop in the Ocean every penny helps ;)

To be fair to your husband it probably felt that way in among the Celtic fans but after 45 years of going to these games I will say it was one of the quietest Celtic supports I have seen. Now before anyone fly's off the handle I have been to these games when we have had the League wrapped up and the Rangers fans have been the same there can be a certain feeling that it is all anti climatic

Hmmm! I bet your one of those glass half empty kind of guys:D

Hmmm! I bet your one of those glass half empty kind of guys:D

No actually people tell me I am to much of an optimist :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Still not a drop in the Ocean every penny helps ;)

524460_301469383259277_124230877649796_746141_1623381553_n.jpg

True, very true.... :pac:

Dempsey wrote: »
    524460_301469383259277_124230877649796_746141_1623381553_n.jpg

True, very true.... :pac:

Ally looks like he's crying in that pic.

Ally looks like he's crying in that pic.

He was tears of joy :p

He's still got it :D

Only saw parts of the game due to the stream cutting out, but most of the guys on the pitch still had that quality you don't lose.

Brilliant night.

1-0 motherwell after 6 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Excellent goal

1-1 after 9.

Stonker of a goal from Whittaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

Clancy should've walked, stuck the head in Whittaker.

Iain Brines is an awful referee.

Clancy headbutts whittaker - both players get booked.

****in' conspiracy.

How the hell did Lasley not get booked for that?

Ian Brines. utter, ****ing, wanker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Terrible call, definite contact there.

Terrible call, definite contact there.

The guy's having a nightmare out there.

That was a bizzare booking for Lasley.

Fk you Motherwell we're gonna win the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

That was a bizzare booking for Lasley.

That's what I thought myself.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement