Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moonwalking with Einstein - Joshua Foer

Options
  • 19-06-2011 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭

Fantastic book, one of the best I've read in a while. For those not familiar with it the author was researching an article on the US memory championships one year, and became fascinated with it. With an hour study a day he ended up winning the following years championship.

Anyway, I'm looking for recommendations on books on improving your memory. (Would love to be able to memorise a pack of cards, some party trick!) The author used a very old book (as in 82BC) called Rhetorica ad Herennium, but also talked a lot about the author and showman Tony Buzan, who's written 100's of books on the subject which has made him a mint. I didn't get the best impression about Tony Buzan from reading the book though, so looking for any other recommendations.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭rcs

Yeah, great book... very interesting...

I had the best of intentions to do the same after I read it.... laziness has since set in :(

• Registered Users Posts: 24,235 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Derren Browne explains the memory aids he uses in "Tricks of The Mind". All based on "Memory Palaces" if memory serves ;)

Advertisement