Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cavan to Limerick Via the Shannon.

Options
  • 19-06-2011 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭

Is it possible to do the entire trip by Canoe and how long would it take the average person?

I know it's an odd one, any info much appreciated. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭rainbowdash

Is it possible to do the entire trip by Canoe and how long would it take the average person?

I know it's an odd one, any info much appreciated. :)

Not sure about the upper stages but you would probably need to take the Ardnacrusha canal. You would need to check how to get through the locks at Ardnacrusha power station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sempervirens

Sounds epic! possible from Butlers bridge i guess if you had the time and competency... lots of open water along the way. how much do you normally do on a full day out? on a multiday trip id estimate for approx two thirds per day.
    check out the new Irish canoe classics book ,-some nice trails to complete before such a large journey.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 35 vintage01

Hi have a look at these guys. source to sea

http://www.turas.ie/site/?p=48

they done it for charity a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Anro

Advertisement