Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World Matchplay Draw

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

pudzy wrote: »
    cool.i felt so sorry for him m8. phil taylor, playing well again,
    Jones played excellent tonight but impossible to win against an average of 108+ from Taylor! A Lewis v Taylor final looks on the cards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Kento 14

dartbhoy wrote: »
    Jones played excellent tonight but impossible to win against an average of 108+ from Taylor! A Lewis v Taylor final looks on the cards.
    Dont count webster or whitlock out. 2 men who judging by their performances so far could test the champ nd the great one

Kento 14 wrote: »
    Dont count webster or whitlock out. 2 men who judging by their performances so far could test the champ nd the great one
    I'm a fan of Webster and would like to see him win a world ranking title. Whitlock was on fire with the doubles tonight and he won't fear Taylor if he meets him. I forgot Wes Newton could be playing Taylor in the quarter finals,Newton another fast improving player.

dartbhoy wrote: »
    I'm a fan of Webster and would like to see him win a world ranking title. Whitlock was on fire with the doubles tonight and he won't fear Taylor if he meets him. I forgot Wes Newton could be playing Taylor in the quarter finals,Newton another fast improving player.
    I'm impressed by Newton. Very consistent

Kento 14 wrote: »
    I'm impressed by Newton. Very consistent
    A player who has plugged away for years in the lower end of the rankings and is now climbing the ranking tables rapidly and making a big name for himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Newton's been playing great for last 18 months or more.

I've been backing him(each way) for turnament wins for about that time...paid off in UK Open and the way he's playing could be oaying off again in near future.

Think he's upto 7th in rankings. Deserves premier league place due to improvement alone...thats if he doesn't push into top 6(or will it be top 4 for league with 5 wildcards :confused:)

Friday July 22
    Quarter-Finals

1.10pm Simon Whitlock v Andy Hamilton
    3.00pm Adrian Lewis v Mark Webster

7.10pm Raymond van Barneveld v James Wade
    9.00pm Phil Taylor v Wes Newton
    I really think Newton could do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Probably the best comeback I have seen. Brilliant darts by Hamilton to come from 15-8 to win 17-15. Although I feel sorry for Whitlock

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭pudzy

wade playing well within himself, seems confident of beating barney. 11-9 up atm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭chalkie 501

Can ye give latest scores and results from earlier, im cracking up here, away with herself for the weekend and havnt seen any arrows all day:mad:
    cheers

Can ye give latest scores and results from earlier, im cracking up here, away with herself for the weekend and havnt seen any arrows all day:mad:
    cheers
    Results; Lewis 16 Webster 12,Hamilton 17 Whitlock 15,Wade 16 Barney 11,Taylor 16 Newton 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Bored with this last game. I know he's great but it does it boring when taylor walks over people

Could have been very different if he didn't hit the 3(or 4?) 100+ checkouts in 2nd session

Taylor in top form tonight and no way possible can I see Hamilton coming close to him not to mind beating him! I think Lewis will beat Wade to make it a Lewis v Taylor final.

taylor 2 stroll past the hammer tomorrow. lewis and wade will be a cracker. roll on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Cal1988

Taylor - Lewis final would be abit special, although to be honest I don't think he'll get past Wade.

Then I see Wade winning it!

Heard it here first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 munsterlass

looking forward to a good night of darts tonight guys, can Hamilton keep playing like he did yesterday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Power to win by 6
    Lewis to win by 3 in a cracking match.

Taylor 17-9 Hamilton

Just my luck, thought Taylor would walk it & put my paddypower balance on Taylor -8.5 legs :rolleyes:

Reckon Wade will have the next 1....tempted to deposit some more money into my account.

Another score put in account...Im stayin in tonight to save money...so I'll invest(:confused:) it :p

£1 on Wade to win any other score(extra time) 11/1 & Tyson Fury to beat Chisora 5/4
    £1 Lewis to win any other score 11/1 & Tyson Fury 5/4

Rest on Wade to win 10/11

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

some brilliant checkouts from Wade still can't believe I got him @9/1 to win the tournament

Dillonb3 wrote: »
    some brilliant checkouts from Wade still can't believe I got him @9/1 to win the tournament
    nice on hope it comes off for you.. will be tough.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

ill go for a Wade win sure by 4 legs. Seems to be in a very positive frame of mind and is throwing well so here is hopeing for a good match.

think i have gotten it wrong :) and Wade has a good average

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Jarjohn

Taylor on fire. Its gonna be a hammering

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

A complete non-event of a final. Taylor was just far too good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Cal1988

Taylor was good but Wade was pretty terrible to be honest, I expected a Wade win if I'm honest.

In retrospect even tho Wade destroyed Lewis, I think maybe Ade might've pushed Taylor further, Lewis knows he can beat Taylor and Taylor knows it too, it isn't like that for Wade.

Fair play to Taylor all the same, I really couldn't see him winning the tournament before it started but its just another example as to why you can't write him off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

Cal1988 wrote: »
    Taylor was good but Wade was pretty terrible to be honest, I expected a Wade win if I'm honest.

In retrospect even tho Wade destroyed Lewis, I think maybe Ade might've pushed Taylor further, Lewis knows he can beat Taylor and Taylor knows it too, it isn't like that for Wade.

Fair play to Taylor all the same, I really couldn't see him winning the tournament before it started but its just another example as to why you can't write him off.

He averaged 100-102 for most the game and finished with a 1 dart average of 33. Hardly terrible.

Honestly, sometimes I wonder what people expect. Wade played almost as well there as most people do to win titles. Taylor just had one of those days where he was going to average whatever was necessary and Wade kind of just accepted defeat, hence the slight average drop over the last 7 legs or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Dartgod

Report on World Matchplay - - http://www.dartoidsworld.com/columns/HR50.html

Advertisement