Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ginger Kitten Wanted

• 19-06-2011 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

Hi im looking for a ginger kitten prefably a female but not too important thaks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 297 ✭✭MaryK666

Have a look on FaceBook for the Last Hope Animal Charity's page or throught their website www.lasthope.ie as I know they have some kittens who are almost ready for their new homes and I seem to recall them having a ginger kitten although I don't know if it was male or female.
    It'd be great to think that another poor little kitten who had a rough start in life had found a loving home.
    Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

You'l be very hard pressed to find a female ginger kitten, it was explained on here recently the genetics behind it but long story short genetically they are very uncommon. If your dead set on a female best to look for another colour or settle with a ginger male.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭DAWNRISER

I have 2 ginger females cats here. One is 10 months and the other is 4 years old.
    So its not unheard of.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭rabbit.84

http://www.mayospca.com/index.php/homes-needed-for-animals they had three but may have been homed. they just have one very young one on the site at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

They're not that rare - but it's a sort of 1 in 100 stat for ginger females. Tortoiseshell males are closer to 1 in 1000.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 rachaelc

There is a really cute female cream/ginger kitten on donedeal (I know everyone hates that site) she's in clonmel, she is so cute :D

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cats/2276128

View2-6874802.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭rabbit.84

rachaelc wrote: »
    There is a really cute female cream/ginger kitten on donedeal (I know everyone hates that site) she's in clonmel, she is so cute :D

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cats/2276128

View2-6874802.jpeg

Cute kitten. But they should stay with their mothers until they are 8 weeks old. That ad is saying they are ready to go but are only 6weeks old. Not very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cyphastrea

Hi, We have ginger kittens and also all other colours here in Galway Cat Rescue. Please ring us if you want to give a good home to a rescue kitten.
    085 2196010

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 yellowbeetle

We have three ginger kittens, 2 female,1 male born to a tortoiseshell mother who ate her first batch of kittens, the mother was rescued from her mother who killed three batches of her own kittens. Good news is the three ginger kittens are now 7 weeks old ,doing brilliantly, we had the mother on 24hr murder watch for weeks in the kitchen, proves there is hope if you persevere in life. All kittens reserved for new homes . Just thought Id share my story.

Advertisement