Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An absolute disgrace

Options
  • 19-06-2011 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭

I was cycling down to the seafront this morning and had to cycle along past itsa bagel, mao's gourmet burger etc, and all the works being carried out along this area for the restaurants in the eating areas has been lifted.
    I mean what sort of gobsh1tes are working on this section of the promenade. Here we are half way through June and there isn't one cafe to sit outside of.

The decking used here was fitted about 2 or 3 months ago and work continued for the past while this decking was covered in plastic - then they decide to dis up all the concrete on the footpath (possibly for draining or sewage i dunno) Then this morning all the decking has been lifted - If its the county council surely they are incompetent Is it the county council - anyone?

Who ever is responsible for this should be sacked.
    They have been feckin around here for the best part of 6 months (maybe more) and all the establishments are loosing business day by day.
    What is this country about
    AAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

It sure is taking a long long time to finish that section, nearly 2 years since they covered the rail line and it still looks a mess!! Nice one DLRCC!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

The whole thing is major waste of money the roads around DL are in bits great job DLRCC

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Professor Knowall

I had such high hopes when the decking arrived. Visions of lazy Saturday brunches al fresco now just snatched away...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭dball

saw them RE-Fitting the decking again yeaterday, suppose by the time they get a round to finishing the fantastic tarmacadamed footpath and have everything ready for the winter the wood can get seasonally adjusted and be ready for next summer, rock on Coffey's

Advertisement